milnrick 03-Jul-11
Camocam813 10-Oct-12
KS Flatlander 10-Oct-12
DoubleD 10-Oct-12
Devilfan 10-Oct-12
non-typical 28-Jun-15
non-typical 28-Jun-15
11-May-08
I have found 7 of these heads from times past.Has any of the old timers used these heads?? Good or bad?? They are 1 1/2 inch fixed four blade head. All the blades are the same.

11-May-08
I will buy them from You they never caught on Jeff Anderson is a brilliant inventor way before his time

i am an avid Broadhead Collector

I am Tink Nathan

silverwolfhound2 at yahoo.com

happy trails

Tink

12-May-08
Is he of Anderson Archery in MI fame?

Bill in MI

12-May-08
I bought my Dad a pack of three of these many years ago, he has since stopped hunting due to his age. I still have a couple of them. They look really nasty and could do lots of damage. I shot one the other day for fun and it didn't fly the best.

Tink, I don't plan on doing any collecting, if you are interested give me a pm. Tom

12-May-08
I still have eight Anderson broadheads. I personally think they are one of the best broadheads ever made. I just quit using them about two years ago and though about going back to them next year.

13-May-08

Africanbowhunter's Link
Jeff Anderson lived in NJ Invented the Tree Sing Saddle and thse heads in the 1970s he was so far ahead of hsi time

I killed a blesbok in RSA in 1979 and hit low the Anderson 245 disembowled and all his guts fellout and tangles in his back legs they were sharp

My address is

Tink Nathan Camp verde Outpost raaanch 275 Witt Rd Center Point TX 78010 3600

tel 830 634 2878 check out my new Ministry listed below

Operation Bows and Heroes

i teach war wounded vets archery as a formof healing

Tink Nathan

13-May-08
Never used them as 4blds, but I can tell you 2 and 3 bld did one hell of a job. If I recall correctly the BH models were....243/245 which could be shot 2 or 4 bladed and 363/365 which could be shot 2, 3, 4 and 6 bladed.

The BH's were quite popular in the late 70' to early 80's, an ugly divorce forced Jeff to sell the design I believe to BIG Bucks, but they fell from public interest after that.

13-May-08
Hey Guys, I still have 1 pack of the245 mag.4 blade heads and about 4 packs of the363 mini mag heads if any of you broadhead collecters are interested. I used to shoot the big 245 mags using 2413 shafts with 4 5"vanes to get them to fly.Shot several deer with them,and one antelope, huge holes. Any takers let me know, Dale

14-May-08

Africanbowhunter's Link
Thanks REX

For your duty

Tink

26-Jun-11
Hi Tink, This is an old thread but just came across. Are you still on this site? I'm Jonathan Anderson, Jeff Anderson (who you mentioned above) was my father. I'd like to get in touch with you if you get a chance. Do you have an email address?

Thanks, JA

26-Jun-11
Best broadheads ever....would love to find some.. Didn't they make a 2" version as well?

27-Jun-11
Anderson was way ahead of his time and a great broadhead designer.

27-Jun-11
If I remember all the models could be shot 2bld, 3,4....there was no 2 blade version.

01-Jul-11
I used to shoot the Magnum and mini-mag. They came in 4 blade and 6 blade models that could be 'stepped down' for lack of a better term, to a 2 and 3 blade configuration. I sure wish they were available today.

02-Jul-11
Hey guys, If the heads were to be produced again, do you think you would use them? and if so, what head would you use of the following?

245 Magnum - 2 or 4 blades, 1.5 in diameter, 125 grains as 4 blade

365 Magnum- 2, 3 or even 6 blades, 1.5 diameter, 115 grain as 3 blade

supermag III- 2, 3 or 6, 1.8 diameter, 125 grain as 3 blade.

We did produce smaller heads previously so let me know if you like those better. My father only previously produced those smaller heads because the market demanded it but never used them. His initial vision of producing the head came because he was sick of losing animals...even animals that were hit perfectly. I have never lost an animal with any of the 3 above. In fact, with the super mag III all of the animals I shot went down within sight...no need to track. Even the gut-shot animals. (though I don't like admitting to those few bad shots)

Thanks for your input!

02-Jul-11
I'd buy the 115 grain broadheads in a second if you put them on the market. I shot both the 245 mags and the 115 grain 'mini-mag'. Both made amazing blood trails and you're right, most animals died insight.

Personal preference would be to shoot the 4 blade 115 mini-mag if they were marketed again.

Good luck

Rick

02-Jul-11
Hi Guys, Hate to change the subject, but I am trying to get a mental picture of these broadheads in my head. Does anyone have a picture of them? I used a broadhead that sounds similar to this my first two years of bowhunting and think it may be these heads.

Thanks again,

Pappasmurf

02-Jul-11
I won a set of the 245 magnums about 25 years ago and although they looked great, they wouldnt fly worth a flip. I think they are still in my old archery box in their original box.

02-Jul-11
I like the 245's...But the 115 grain 3 blades would be sweet too.

02-Jul-11
Years ago I used the 245's. Would use them again if they were available.

03-Jul-11

Rex Featherlin's embedded Photo
Rex Featherlin's embedded Photo
I think this is it

03-Jul-11
I think taht's an Anderson 363 magnum. I've got a few Minimags floating around somewhere, I'll see if I can find them and post a pic tomorrow.

10-Oct-12
I want the supermag 3's 1.8" 2 blade!!! I want these bad!

10-Oct-12
About 15 years ago I hunted with a buddy that shot the Anderson heads. I thought they were the four blade but am not sure. They appeared accurate and were devastating on deer!

10-Oct-12
I used the 4 blade back in the early 90's. I took many deer with them using my Pearson Spoiler cam bow with an overdraw and fat 2312 Easton alum arrows, man those were the days. Only problem I ever had was a broke blade a few times.

10-Oct-12
I would give the 245 magnums a try as a 4 blade.

28-Jun-15
Killed my first deer with the 245 2 bld. out of Bear Grizzly II. Dropped at 15 yds. Should have kept a few, gave away around 15-20 pks. I worked for the shop that later bought the co.

28-Jun-15
Killed my first deer with the 245 2 bld. out of Bear Grizzly II. Dropped at 15 yds. Should have kept a few, gave away around 15-20 pks. I worked for the shop that later bought the co.

• Sitka Gear