No Bark 19-Nov-08
piton 19-Nov-08
Snag 19-Nov-08
GregE 19-Nov-08
elkfulr 19-Nov-08
ezzy67 19-Nov-08
ezzy67 19-Nov-08
19-Nov-08
I'll be moving to Duvall Washington this coming June and was wondering if I could get some feedback on camo. What do you feel is the best manufacture and pattern for Washington? I'll be hunting for Elk, deer, bear and hopefully moose, sheep and goat.

THanks, P

19-Nov-08
The northwest has varied landscapes. From evergreen forest and alpine rocks to sagebrush and juniper flats and hills to desert scrub. Wait to see where you'll be hunting.

19-Nov-08
what if I'm hunting in multiple ecosystems?

19-Nov-08
ASAT.

19-Nov-08
i would definately use northwest camo. southeast camo would stand out too much. don't even think about mid-atlantic camo............. hehe best of luck in your move, i hope your biggest challenge is finding the right camo. good luck and good hunting.

19-Nov-08
Predator Green or predator brown

19-Nov-08
Which ever you get, make sure it's waterproof...ha

19-Nov-08
guidermd,

I did a search for northwest camo and couldn't find anything :-) I'm just putting together my christmas list and thought why not get some new camo for the move. Defiantly looking fwd to the challenges of hunting the Northwest.

19-Nov-08
Piton, you are in for some fun if you have not hunted up here before! Like Blacktailhunter says you can't go wrong with the Predator pattern in different colors. On the east side of the state you have sagebrush and timber and a drier climate. West of the Cascades is where the rain greens things up. I think we as hunters get a little too caught up with all the latest camo patterns sometimes. I have gotten close to bucks with only jeans and a plaid shirt before!

19-Nov-08

GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
Wet Side WA, Dec 07.

I'm partial to Predator Fall Gray and Spring Green but Rivers West hasn't caught on to it yet. REaltree APG jackets. ( Bandaid has since traded in her German camo pants- they blob like Mossy Oak)

Greg

19-Nov-08
predator, in wool

19-Nov-08
from eastern oregon here. what snag said....i have gotten close kills with levis and a old cabelos grey camo pattern shirt. i also use a leafy shirt.sometimes camoed pants and camoed long sleeved t-shirt when warm.i dont know the type of pattern,if it looks good to me its ok. the thing is just break up your silhouette.

19-Nov-08
from eastern oregon here. what snag said....i have gotten close kills with levis and a old cabelos grey camo pattern shirt. i also use a leafy shirt.sometimes camoed pants and camoed long sleeved t-shirt when warm.i dont know the type of pattern,if it looks good to me its ok. the thing is just break up your silhouette.

• Sitka Gear