Iowa bound 21-Feb-09
Rex Featherlin 24-Feb-09
Rex Featherlin 24-Feb-09
ozarkian 26-Feb-09
howler 26-Feb-09
11-Jan-09

tuckerman9's embedded Photo
I got this in an email and I have no info on it..thought someone here might..It was supposedly found in Illinois this year..

11-Jan-09
uhhhh, i'm speechless

11-Jan-09

here's another pic

11-Jan-09

illin's Link
Big thread on it in the illinois forum. A guy posted a trailcam photo of the buck. Says he had it just out of bow range this year. Here is a link.

11-Jan-09
ugh! That is a kick in the nuts for sure.

11-Jan-09
Yeah about 5 miles from the farm I hunt here inIL too....Disappointing to find him dead, but I do know there are two other bucks sporting his same genes running around that area.

11-Jan-09
That`s what chasing too many females will do to you!

11-Jan-09
nice lookin 1 1/2 yr buck ......... we grows em big in illinois ............ ROTFLMAO

12-Jan-09
Nature can be brutal.

Beautiful buck.

12-Jan-09
Note bullet wound in the head

Not a shotgun slug i would say!

12-Jan-09
Bullet wound????

12-Jan-09
I dont see where you see a bullet hole,,,I see ruffled hair and animal damage.

12-Jan-09
Talked to people that had trail camera pics in the IL forum... NOthing was said about that being a bullet. He said he had the deer at about 50 yards a few times. "armchair jealous experts" What? Its a found deer? NOthing to be jealous of at all....

12-Jan-09
that's just a zit between his eyes, not a bullet. maybe some proactive jessica?

12-Jan-09
I agree with nightstalker 100%

12-Jan-09
Nice buck, in Kansas it is against the law to pick up a skull that you find. You have to try and obtain a permit from KDWP before you can move it. Anyway that is a fine buck.

12-Jan-09
wow... what a shame...

12-Jan-09
nice buck, but I don't see it as "a shame" at all actually, if it was natural causes, I'm kinda happy for him, he won the game! :-)

12-Jan-09
Neverdull-

Same thing here in Illinois. John (man in red vest) called the CPO to get a salvage tag and they told him that they would not be able to get there until the next morning. His repsonse was that he was not going to leave the rack until he had a salvage tag. The CPO told him to take the rack to his house and he would be out in the morning. If you look at some of the pics on the IL Forum thread (check the links) you will see that there is a salvage tag around the drop tine.

12-Jan-09
Nice buck. I found like that a few years back but about 5 times smaller 8^) That will look nice as a European mount.

12-Jan-09

TargetPanic's embedded Photo
THIS BUCK WAS FOUND IN NORTH CENTRAL WISC. HAS A 31" SPREAD AND SCORED ABOUT 189

12-Jan-09

BACK SIDE VIEW

12-Jan-09
Holy cow! I bet that old bow had a hard time getting through the brush with that wide rack on his head. Aside from the spread, the brow tines on that thing are amazing!

12-Jan-09
I gotta move, those are both friggin HUGE!

12-Jan-09
Target panic that is likely a rare scoring deer because i doubt it gets all its spread credit.... You dont see those everyday.

12-Jan-09
i'm pretty sure you only need to get a tag from the dnr to pick up a skull if you intend to have it mounted which i would definetly have that monster mounted

12-Jan-09
i am not sure, but I think if the inside spread is greater than his beam length then he only gets a scrore credit for the longest beam...that would count as an inside spread. example...deer has a 32 inch spread but only has a 24 inch main beam, then the inside spread is 24. I could be wrong.

12-Jan-09
I'm not sure of the rules on the greatest spread???

Where this buck was allegedly found would be extremely rare for that part of Wisc. (rare anywhere for that matter).Dont have any info on how it died???

13-Jan-09
Yes thats what i ment by not getting full spread credit. He would only get the length of his longest beam. Kinda a stupid rule i think..

13-Jan-09
That was a nice buck for sure. Some hunter is sick about losing it. If you notice the nose is missing and my guess is that he was bleeding from the mouth and nose when he died. In my area the scavangers go after the rear end, entry/exit wound or any place they are bleeding. Just a guess.

13-Jan-09

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Here is one I found.

13-Jan-09

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
This was inside of the buck. Not mine, I use Jak-Hammers only. A neighbor shot the buck.

13-Jan-09
Nice deer, can you imagine the comments on this thread if this had been a mechanical head??

13-Jan-09
Or if you knew it was a gut shot and the number of hours the guy waited..?

13-Jan-09
OH Tobywon you took the words right out of my mouth...how ironic that it was a FBBH...it just goes to show you, a bad shot is a bad shot no matter what broadhead you use!!

13-Jan-09
Longbeard, usually I don't think like this, but I have seen threads debating back and forth regarding this issue.

Oh, by the way, I see you have your hands full in the CT forum.

13-Jan-09
Serrated heads.... tisk, tisk, tisk.... =D

What Shuteye said, makes sense. Somebody somewhere is likely still laying awake in bed at night reliving their shot over and over and over....

13-Jan-09

AdamX3's embedded Photo
AdamX3's embedded Photo
I shot this buck with my bow on 11-3-08. I hit the buck high and only got about an inch of penetration. I stopped the buck with a grunt which made him nervous. A split second before the shot the buck dropped and actually wheeled towards me to take off running. I heard the arrow hit with a loud smack and I new it wasnt going to be good. I looked for two days and never found him. We found the buck on 1-9-09 about four hundred yards from were I shot it. Both back legs were broken and he was only fifty yards from the road. I think it was hit by a car about two weeks before we found him. Sure enough my broadhead was lodged in the top of his shoulder and back bone.

14-Jan-09

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
I cut off the bucks head and took it and the broadhead to the guy that shot it. At least he got the antlers and the foxes in my woods didn't have to eat rabbits for a few days. This is a picture I took after I cut off the head and carried it to my yard.

14-Jan-09

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Same buck, different angle.

14-Jan-09
yep, it shows character to give it to the guy who shot it, even if it wasn't found until later. Tough to be proud of a pick-up when you know who killed it...

14-Jan-09
way to go man - that is what it is all about. I respect that a ton. I can only imagine how happy he was to get that set of headgear.

15-Jan-09
What Adamx3 said is true. In B&C measuring on Whitetail Deer inside spread credit can't be greater than the longest main beam.

15-Jan-09
congrats to you Shuteye, that was a very honorable thing to do.

I lost the first buck i ever shot with a bow when I was 15. Partly because because I took a shot that i shouldn't have, and partly because I was 15 and didn't know not to take a shot i shouldn't. :)

Our neighbor's son came down to hunt and found it on their place, and was kind enough to return my arrow, and tell me it was a good buck, but i never even got to see the rack, or even a picture of it. I felt real guilty about loosing the deer, so I didn't feel like he cheated me or anything, but it would have been nice to at least get to see it.

15-Jan-09
I lost my first record book deer. A 4.5 year old 130s 9 pointer. Made a bad shot. he made it half a mile and we ran into people that were putting up stands for gun hunting. They didnt want us to cross their corner of the property after the deer. A man found the deer next to a pond a week later. He told my father where he found it. It was 75 yards from where we stopped. I told the man the deer had vines likely still tangled in his rack and had 5 points on his right side and 4 on the left. The man told me i could come and get the rack sometime. He wasnt a hunter. I made about 10 trips to the mans house and each time he had " loaned" it to someone. A buddy was dating his daughter and he told him " some kid keeps bothering me about this rack i have i wish he would just go away" So i did. Probably deserved it. Took a 15 yard quartering toward me shot and with a small 2 bladed head. Lesson learned.

16-Jan-09

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Attached discovered Veteran's Day 2005.

I videod this buck throughout that summer.

This is not a staged photo, was taken as walked upon.

16-Jan-09
Zbone, very intresting picture. Any idea who might have shot the deer?

17-Jan-09
Standman - Sent you a PM

17-Jan-09

Manitoba Bohuntr's embedded Photo
Manitoba Bohuntr's embedded Photo
I found this one dead 100 yards from the road. Definitely poached!

19-Feb-09
Why was it "definitely poached"? If I find dead Deer within a hundred yards of a road, I figure road kill.

20-Feb-09
Shuteye,

Class act, my friend.

GG

20-Feb-09
I know in my area when I find a deer dead close to the road I figure road hunters. aka poachers.. Secondary road traffics is seldom fast enough to kill anything. Now if it's 100 yards from a four lane,, yeah I would say possible road kill, but then again most of those,their antlers have a bit of road rash on them.

20-Feb-09

wisheds's embedded Photo
wisheds's embedded Photo

20-Feb-09

wisheds's embedded Photo
wisheds's embedded Photo

20-Feb-09

wisheds's embedded Photo
wisheds's embedded Photo

20-Feb-09

wisheds's embedded Photo
wisheds's embedded Photo

20-Feb-09

wisheds's embedded Photo
wisheds's embedded Photo

20-Feb-09
What's the stories WISHEDS?

20-Feb-09

wisheds's embedded Photo
wisheds's embedded Photo
Found them all this year shed hunting. We have sheds from the top buck at 3 and 4 years old. Found him dead this year at 5. He was laying about 40 yards from where we found his antlers the last two years.

The next buck was a not too far off the highway. Figured it must have been a roadkill.

The next one, 8 pointer, was found about a week after the close of the CWD season. Nothing had really started eating on it yet, but couldnt find any holes in him. Anyone who put in any effort to find that deer should have found him because he was in a OBVIOUS spot.

I dont know how the last guy died. Wounded or winter kill im guessing. Hard to say though.

Heres one more that I forgot about. Kind of a knarley guy. Feel bad for the guy who couldnt find him.

20-Feb-09
Way to go Shuteye, What Gray Ghost said.

20-Feb-09

20-Feb-09

20-Feb-09
You can say that again, Iowa bound.

20-Feb-09

coke13's embedded Photo
coke13's embedded Photo
Found while shed hunting

20-Feb-09
wisheds, that's pretty weird almost disturbing. You either have somebody in the neighborhood who isn't a good shot, a paocher/violater, deer that have a love attraction (fatal) with cars, or some cases of CWD. You did mention a CWD hunt, are you down by Madison?

Either way that's a major bummer and maybe even worth reporting. Seems way to coincidental to find decent bucks like that dead in such a short period of time. No arrow pieces in any of them?

21-Feb-09
LOL!!! I have no idea how that happened. first triple post for me.

24-Feb-09

Rex Featherlin's embedded Photo
Found this one after the first firearm segment in Illinois.

24-Feb-09

Another pic

26-Feb-09
nice pictures everyone. but sure is a sad sight!

26-Feb-09
I think its great that some of these guys die of Old Age,

• Sitka Gear