Bill in MI 07-Feb-09
Spike Bull 07-Feb-09
sheltonator 09-Feb-09
Dale P 09-Feb-09
DRUMAN 09-Feb-09
KGhunter 13-Feb-09
bigbuckhunter 14-Feb-09
02-Feb-09
Does anyone have any tricks to get a Reezen to shoot a staight arrow. It seems very hard to get good arrow flight out of this bow. Any input would be great. Using a QAD rest and many different arrow combinations but nothing seems to get good flight. HELP.

02-Feb-09
With respect you should not have bought the Reezen.

Is your form good? is your draw length correct? are you able to hold the draw weight?

02-Feb-09
I could never get good arrow flight out of the QAD or the Ripcord for that matter.

03-Feb-09
I get amazing flight out of my QAD

03-Feb-09
I also get bullet holes out of my qad dont give up on it you wont regret it if you can get it figured out

03-Feb-09
About the QAD, I never had one of the LD models, just the hunter model, that is probably where the problem was.

03-Feb-09
get amazing flight out of my QAD too

03-Feb-09
Great flight from my QAD also!

03-Feb-09
How many shots have you put through that bow? You may not have broken the strings in yet , which could cause the arrow flight problems, considering it is a new bow. I to use a qad no problems.

03-Feb-09
I've sold and setup dozens of Dropaways. The QAD will have some Clearance issues occasionally and be a PIA to correct.

IMHO the Limb Driver is the best drop away rest on the market and with the new containment arms are even more attractive to a bigger % of archers.

Dan

03-Feb-09
aLOT OF THE REVIEWS STATE UNLESS YOU HAVE GREAT FORM, THIS BOW COULD GIVE YOU TROUBLE. TRY WORKING ON YOUR FORM AND RELEASE, IT MIGHT HELP. I SHOT IT, A BIT JUMPY FOR MY TASTE, I'M STICKING WITH MY SWITCHBACK FOR NOW.

03-Feb-09
I found on mine, start your center shot at 3/4" from the riser, rather than the 13/16" that they say. This took care of my bad left, high tear.

This bow is very finicky about form and hand torque. But boy is it fast............

06-Feb-09
with respect why shouldnt he have bought the reezen bow

07-Feb-09
pykiller posted:

"With respect you should not have bought the Reezen." pykiller,

That's real nice and helpful and I'm sure someone who just spent over $800 appreciates the comment especially since you say "with respect" without any explanation so your "with respect" line apparently makes it all good....

Is there a specific reason you say that? If so please explain since I'm thinking about a new bow myself and I'm sure others are wondering if you have a reason why someone shouldn't have bought the Reezen.

Please give us some specific reasons.

07-Feb-09
Because a 6.5" brace height is beyond the average archers ability to shoot consistently well. IMO

The low-brace-speed-bows that periodically show up on dealer shelves seem to be met with either 'raving or raging' reviews.

No different than the guy that complains about breaking traction every time he corners in his new dodge viper...

Just comes with the territory.

So the above comments about improving form are probably what you have to do.

Bill in MI

07-Feb-09
Not defending the Reezen but brace height alone is not a reason to ignore a bow. The PSE X-Force with 6" brace height is not finicky at all in my opinion.

Parallel limbs have changed the relationship of brace height and shootability some. Also, a guy with a short draw length will get more forgiveness from a short brace bow than a guy with a long draw and the very same bow set to him. So this is all relative.

As to the Reezen, I am not a Mathews fan but I shot it without a sight at 20 yards by hand and through the Hooter Shooter and never observed anything strange about the arrow flight. It is quick and smooth at the shot but I did not care for the draw cycle with my old shoulders.

09-Feb-09
i agree on the brace height thing , long draw people may want taller brace height but all the new bows are good. short draws or long ones brand doesnt matter if your shop sets it up right and you shoot it right meaning not pulling more pounds until your ready and practicing alot not just when your ready to hunt, they are all good. one thing to say about mathews bows they have mad great bows forever not just since a model called "x force" has came out . and brace height on all new bows are very close in length so "all short" compared to all the older bows and even then there were unforgiving bows.

09-Feb-09
People were saying the same thing some 20 years ago when reflex risers came along. Everyone was use to 9"-10" brace hieghts. The speed bows of the 80's had people saying the same thing "unforegiving, you only miss faster, ect.. ect.." i think we can all agree that equipment today is much better than just a few years ago. People have different skill levels, some will love the Reezen while others want. Thats why they make so many different bows.

09-Feb-09
I INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE REZEEN 7.0. I CURRENTLY HAVE A HOYT VECTRIX, WHISKER BISCUT, NEW FUSE STABILIZER. ANYBODY SHOOTING THE REZEEN 7.0? IF SO ANY FEEDBACK AND WHAT STABILIZER? LOOKING TO TRY A NEW REST...ANY RECOMMENDATIONS? THANKS.

13-Feb-09

KGhunter's Link
Have you checked to see if your arrows hitting the rest's launcher? Try baby powder on the launcher or something similar to make sure its not. Is your bottom cam in time? The Mathews site has some excellent tuning tips etc.

As a side note I found the Mathews grip on my Switchback XT to caused me torquing issues! Although I shot it well I wasn't totally satisfied until I switched to a different grip that the switchback became a tack driving machine!! I'm sure there's a lot of people that the Mathews grip works perfectly fine for. I just wasn't one of them. The grip I put on was a torqueless: http://www.torqueless.com/

Good luck.

14-Feb-09
My hunting buddy just bought the new reezen and he is tack driving with it. seemed to have a hard spot in the brake over and after a hundred arrows, it kinda broke itself in. he also seems two get a little better penatration than my switchback, i like the bow and it is fast, but by the time i can scrape enough money togather they will have a new one out. tough keeping up!

• Sitka Gear