Thunderflight 26-Aug-09
dustyvarmint 26-Aug-09
4406v 26-Aug-09
EHSsg21 26-Aug-09
RonD 18-Sep-09
canyonyoddler 18-Sep-09
Steelersfan 18-Sep-09
25-Aug-09
I have heard deer love peanut butter. My friend in Ky said some folks use it mixed with corn. Any of you baiters got the low down on this?

25-Aug-09
Woody is right, that is the way it is sually done. make sure it is legal in your state because it is undeniably baiting.

25-Aug-09
LOL Thought this was another peanut butter sandwich thread. PB&D sandwich.

25-Aug-09
To lure deer to a new area, for perhaps a new bait site...PB is a really great way to do it. They seem to smell it from a long ways away.

25-Aug-09
Absolutely,I've got a old cedar snag close to my stand.Unscrew the lid,stick it on the snag,make a few turns,put the lid back on,THEY WILL SHOW UP AND CHOW DOWN.The man who showed me this hunts old school style and hits his limit every year.As far as the hole in the jar he says if a deer ever scratches his nose on it he'll never eat it again.

25-Aug-09
Does anyone know if blacktails are interested in PB?

25-Aug-09
I also want to know if it works for blacktails. I've been using mineral licks for the blacktails but want to spice things up a little bit.

25-Aug-09
Do you use creamy or crunchy?

25-Aug-09
make sure you leave a glass of milk near by man peanutbutter without milk.

25-Aug-09
Trouble is, that the raccoons love it even more...

25-Aug-09

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo

25-Aug-09
If you get hungery, you can have a little taste too!

26-Aug-09
First used peanut butter 18 years ago

26-Aug-09
I've never had luck with peanut butter.

26-Aug-09
Following some of Serb's advice (what is this world coming to) I spread PB on trees (PRIOR to the current baiting ban where I hunt) using a paint stirrer and extra large economy jar of PB.

I now have a site called the Peanut Butter Stand... It worked for what might be called early late season.

happy hunting, dv

26-Aug-09
You can also mix a little peanut oil with the peanut butter and put it in a squeeze bottle (ketchup bottle)if you use it near your trail camera set up it works extremely well although you will get alot of 'coon in your pictures too.

26-Aug-09
Where is the best place, cheapest to find large tubs of peanut butter than?

18-Sep-09
Is this for real?

18-Sep-09
Probably not a good idea if you're in black bear country.

18-Sep-09
So I went out and spread the PB on a few trees/branches with the paint stir thing last week in Aug. All I got was pictures of coons. The PB does smell really good and I though I would have hundreds of photos of deer. But they did not seem as interested as I thought they would be. I'll try again next year. Can't put out anything that could be called bait here in PA 30 days before the opener.

• Sitka Gear