Earl E Nove...mber 27-Apr-11
Bowhunt160's 03-May-11
KJC 03-May-11
labxtreme1 04-May-11
17-Apr-11
Was driving down the road yesterday in central Illinois and spotted a deer standing at the edge of the timber, I could have sworn that I saw antlers, I backed up and sure enough, he was still carrying a forky rack, just as proud as can be! This is the latest that I have ever seen them with antlers. Two years ago next week I found a fresh set of matching sheds while turkey hunting in the same area. They were really fresh and I had already scoured that whole area several times earlier, so I know they were recent drops!

17-Apr-11
On friday I saw 2 spike bulls and a small 3pt here in CO.

17-Apr-11
YEP, yesterday in West-Central Illinois we saw 'a monster' P&Y still carrying both side! I have seen bucks end of April still carrying before.......some late last year late drop doe fawns still being bred yet ........

18-Apr-11
Got some video tape of a couple 5X5 bulls still carrying both sides and bossing a herd around a couple weeks back

18-Apr-11
My son was shed hunting this last weekend in central ohio and saw a 10/8pter with both sides yet.

18-Apr-11
We have seen buck's still carrying as late as the end of April in southcentral SD...

18-Apr-11
I got buks with 6 inches of growth already.All my bucks have dropped.

18-Apr-11
really not that unusal, do a search here and there are anual threads as this in late april, and one year into may... i have a little basketrack buck running around my house and as of early this am was still sporting both sides.

18-Apr-11
Just got back from trying to pick up an elk shed or two and spotted 14 different bulls in which only two had fully dropped. Every thing else still sported both sides :(

18-Apr-11
I saw a 45 inch bull moose with its antlers while bear hunting around May 20 a couple years ago. I even took video of it.

18-Apr-11
goat guide - was he in hard horn or velvet?

18-Apr-11
I saw a buck with hard horned antlers on the other day too.

19-Apr-11
He was hard horned which I thought was impossible. I watched him for 1/2 hour with 2 other guys and showed the video back at camp to prove it. Anybody here know what could cause this, I thought mabe he was denutted in a fight during the rut. Jack

19-Apr-11
It's getting late for sure but still within the norms. Probably no more rare than bucks shedding in mid December and that happens quite a bit too.

19-Apr-11
That is just the latest I have ever seen. I found 83 sheds this spring and walk daily. I have noticed and big difference in individual bucks, a big difference in shedding dates!

19-Apr-11
well, my little barkyard buddy has shed one antler in the past 24 hours, but he was still carrying one side as of early this am. have read, most usually shed the second side within 48 hours of the first. i'll know in another day.... goat guide - i think the denutted ones don't or won't shed their velvet from what i've gathered. hard to know about your animal, but freaks of nature happen. i know one thing about deer, i learned to never say never when it comes to whitetails...8^)

20-Apr-11
the other side has been cast.

20-Apr-11

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
Found these mule deer sheds two days ago. I love it when they fall off together like that right on a trail.

Last night I saw 8 bulls, 4 still had antlers. On the way home today there were 6 other bulls in one of my meadows. All were bald except one that had 3 points a side of NEW growth. I didn't know there was THAT much variance in the timing of shedding for animals in the same area.

27-Apr-11

Earl E Nove...mber's embedded Photo
This about says it all. Picture taken 4/17/11 one still carrying both sides the other with velvet nubbins. I'll crop the picture for a close up

27-Apr-11

27-Apr-11

27-Apr-11
Just in case you didn't see the first picture.

03-May-11
We were turkey hunting last Saturday and had a small basket 8 with hard horns in the field with us. His partner had 3" nubs big around as a golf ball.

03-May-11
It looks like something is wrong with that bucks back. Might have something to do with it.

04-May-11
look at the deer's stance his back just looks odd due to be in a hunched stance.

• Sitka Gear