BOWNBIRDHNTR 24-Aug-11
BOWNBIRDHNTR 24-Aug-11
hawg 24-Aug-11
wilhille 24-Aug-11
BULELK1 24-Aug-11
23-Aug-11

BOWNBIRDHNTR's embedded Photo
Believe it or not I called this guy in with a grunt call. It was the end of October 2007 and I hadn't seen any deer. I decided to do a few grunts. Immediately I could here something walking on the other side of the ridge. I grunted again and just knew the sounds I was hearing was buck coming in. I was up and ready when this coyote came strolling around the corner. It was the first time that year I had put out any doe scent and he walked right up to it and started sniffing. I put a 100 gr Vortex Pro Extreme right between his shoulders and out his chest. He went straight down and never moved. My wife wanted a coyote mount and I always said if I could get a nice one with my bow I'd be all for it. Well, I strapped him to my Lone Wolf Climber and packed him out. When I got to the hill and met up with my hunting partner he was kind enough to help me carry him the rest of the way. I don't know how you mountain hunters do it! Anyway, the reason he just got mounted nearly 4 years later is I already had a bear at the taxidermist and my son had a fish and whitetail there as well. Had to get him done though as my son now has a bear about to get mounted. I got to help build the rock he's on. I believe my taxidermist did a beautiful job on coyote. Everyone in the house is happy with him....except our 11 pound shiteranian!

23-Aug-11

23-Aug-11
Will try to post the mounted pics tomorrow. Apparently the pics I have won't work, sorry.

24-Aug-11

24-Aug-11

24-Aug-11

24-Aug-11
Nice mount...beautiful colors on that dog...looks good.

Although I did find a hairless, rotting carcas of one last saturday that had flies and maggots all over it and I that that was a beautiful sight as well:)

24-Aug-11
That is a pretty dog. Thanks for sharing.

24-Aug-11
Dang good looking 'yote.

Ya done good.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear