Sewer Rat @ Work 27-Jun-08
Timberlake 27-Jun-08
Ken m 13-Dec-17
keepemsharp 13-Dec-17
NvaGvUp 13-Dec-17
BIG BEAR 13-Dec-17
Mocoso 07-Jul-23
26-Jun-08
One of my passions, besides bowhunting, is tournament paintball. In this sport, one of the more well known marker manufacturers is "Bob Long Paintball". One of the paintball magazines did an article on his son (Zack Long) who is a professional paintball player. In the article, it mentioned that his dad was a professional bowhunter before he started his paintball company.

Anybody ever heard of Bob Long or know anything about why he gave up bowhunting?

26-Jun-08
Only thing I could find said this...

The Intimidator was introduced in 2000. It was the vision of paintball icon Bob Long. Bob Long is most widely known as the captain and leader of the legendary Ironmen during the late eighties and nineties.

Bob Long was first introduced to paintball in 1985. He owned an archery business at the time and later supplemented paintball supplies to his current business. In 1999, he closed the archery business and focused his attention on paintball.

Bob Long began making custom markers and parts when he was not able to get the products he wanted from his distributors. The Intimidator was designed to compete with the accuracy of an Autococker® and the speed of an Angel™. And with Bob Long's experience and recognition in the sport, it is no surprise the popularity of the Intimidator has grown as rapidly as it has. Today, Intimidator's are one of the top choices of pro's and rec ball players alike.

26-Jun-08
"professional paintball player"

Really???

michael

26-Jun-08

Timberlake's embedded Photo
Timberlake's embedded Photo
Ya really. However, the top players in the NPPL and PSP only make about a $100K plus endorsements. Not great money for a pro athlete.

On a side note, who is considered a pro bowhunter and what do they make?

27-Jun-08
100K plus endorsements aint great money?!?!? I personally know pro hockey players who make less.

bullpoopy... WTF you want them to make?? a million bucks??

I wouldnt call them athletes either... boys with toys... aint nuttin wrong with it, played when I was younger and had a heck of a time...

27-Jun-08
Sewer Rat,

My point was that for a professional league that only the elite players make any money. Most players only make enough to play paintball and have to have a real job on the side to pay for rent.

"bullpoopy... WTF you want them to make?? a million bucks??"

Don't care what they make. Just like you and me, you're worth what someone will pay you.

"I wouldnt call them athletes either"

I would agree for the most part. Most are somewhere in-between a golfer and a baseball player with really fast fingers. Tournament paintball (speedball) is a lot more intense and faster paced than scenerio or woodsball was back in the day.

13-Dec-17
Bob long was a super great bow Hunter and ran and extremely high end taxidermy outfit doing a lot of his own work I believe some of it was farmed out but not sure at the store it was called Delta archery . Hard to believe he got out of the biz

13-Dec-17
We spend our entire lives teaching hunter ed that you NEVER point a gun at anyone. Now these ding dongs promote shooting each other in the head?

13-Dec-17
Paintball?

Really?

ROTFLMAO!

13-Dec-17
Not just paintball..... Professional paintball......

07-Jul-23
HMMM...BOB LONG Theres a sheep in wolfs clothing. I think he got off easy personally. Species hunts and illegally killing record book game to meet his sponsorship requirements. He should have gone to jail. Glad he closed up shop. I do not think too highly of Bob Long, his son is cool. He used to work on my bow in delta paintball when the archery shop was still a vapor there.

• Sitka Gear