Tim in Wyoming 15-May-14
Tim in Wyoming 15-May-14
Anony Mouse 17-Jul-14
Shuteye 18-Jul-14
Anony Mouse 31-Aug-14
04-Apr-14

Tim in Wyoming's embedded Photo
September Song... I usually do fly fishing related artwork but I just finished this one today.

Feel free to post up any artwork you may have... always fun to check out wildlife art!

04-Apr-14
I think you have a pretty fair hand there at wild life Tim. Nice Job!

04-Apr-14
Thank you, Pat! :)

04-Apr-14
Sweet.

I like the reasonable size realistic rack. Great job man.

04-Apr-14
Thanks, Hammer. That's a good point about the rack size and I'll remember it in future drawings etc....

Hopefully, some othe folks will share some of their artwork.

There's an artist in western Montana, where we used to live, who's artwork is unreal. You can see every hair... his name is something like Gammond or Garrand... I wish I could remember it, right now. Old timer's dz...

04-Apr-14
I wish I had that talent. I cant even draw good stick figures.

My wife is a hell of a drawer but she needs a picture to go off of. She has a hard time coming up with it from thin air. Her dad is a superb artist that can draw anything.

That memory issue your having is called mad cow. lol

04-Apr-14
I have a good memory, it's just short. :)

04-Apr-14
My forgetter is better than my remeberer.

04-Apr-14

Anony Mouse's Link

Tim...where in WY do you live? Pen and ink? I just finished framing an old lithograph that had an elk with similar expression.

My daughter Carrie Wild lives in Jackson Hole and her work is on display there (Mountain Trails) and in galleries in a number of states. As a high school student, her first national exposure was illustrating a hunting story by Brian Cole in Traditional Bowhunter magazine.

As a proud parent, it has been fascinating to see how she has developed as an artist. Her early work was very detailed tending to photo realism. Her love of color has grown as has her experimental techniques. Still, she always tells me, "Daddy, don't worry--all my animals are conformationally correct1"

Rebuilding after our house fire, my wife has turned it into a true art gallery with prints, lithos, chromos and paintings from American artists mostly from the early 1900's to present. One of these days, perhaps, I will post a video tour of the gallery.

Having a wife who collects and a daughter as an artist makes me appreciate those who can...I have trouble drawing straight lines with a ruler.

04-Apr-14
Tim, you post something that most of us can't even dream of matching and then ask us to share?

On my best day I am lucky to draw a straight line with a ruler!

04-Apr-14
Come on admitting you have CRSRB is the first step to I forget.

04-Apr-14
Beautiful, A. Mouse. She's a talented girl!

There have been a few artwork threads here over the years where people have posted their stuff and favorite works of others. I really enjoy them.

I do a graphite drawing with as much detail as I can and then add color with pastel chalk using brushes.

I have normal tension glaucoma and my sight is fading fast. Been fighting it with eyedrops and surgeries since 1995.

I use my progressive eyeglases, clip-on 5x magnifiers and a sunlight lamp with a 5 inck magnifying mirror. It sucks. You should see me tie on a #20 midge to a 6x tippet... takes me 30 minutes. Like I tell my daughters... ya gotta be tough! :)

Be thankful for what you have and can do.

05-Apr-14
Mouse, you daughter is an excellent artist. I can't even draw stick men. The only thing I can draw is a beer and sometimes I make a mess of that.

05-Apr-14

widowshooter's embedded Photo
widowshooter's embedded Photo
My wife's work. Colored pencils!

05-Apr-14
I forgot to add, this is a work in progress.......Ray

05-Apr-14
Looks like a photograph... and it's not even done!?

06-Apr-14

Here are a couple scans of drawings I did this winter... glad spring's close and the fish will be lookin' up!

06-Apr-14

06-Apr-14
Love the Smallie!

06-Apr-14
Great stuff! Lots of talent. I am jealous of these skills.

06-Apr-14
Great stuff guys!

Widowshooter...you're wife has an amazing talent!

06-Apr-14
I'm with you, Henry. I can barely draw stick men.

06-Apr-14

bowfisher's embedded Photo

06-Apr-14

These are what I have, not great, but I had fun drawing them.

06-Apr-14
GREAT JOB GIRLS & GUYS. Forrest

07-Apr-14

LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
Nice work Tim.

You might remember me posting this Monochromatic piece awhile back. Actual size was 2.5' by 3.5' without the frame and was sold that way.

I have seen some incredible talent displayed here on Bowsite from others that leaves me with the feeling of amazement.

07-Apr-14

LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
I still have this one that is the same size 2.5' by 3.5' and I will keep it as my own.

All others are just pictures of pieces undone or sketches I've done during break time at work.

My portfolio was 'lost' and didn't have back-ups. A lot of what I have done are murals in private homes and businesses.

07-Apr-14
Beautiful!

07-Apr-14
You guys sure have a talent for sure.

Thanks for sharing,

Good luck, Robb

07-Apr-14
I like this thread - very well done all! Right up there with BB's photography

07-Apr-14

Tigereye's embedded Photo
My son did this pencil drawing. My photography does not do it justice. Does Godzilla qualify as wildlife?

07-Apr-14

Lets try this again

07-Apr-14

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo
I really suck at taking photos...From a few years ago

07-Apr-14
Great artwork.

07-Apr-14

Great stuff, guys.

Here's a muley I did today. I hope to do a speedgoat tomorrow to go with the elk and deer...

07-Apr-14
(I need to fix the antlers tomorrow before it'll be done...)

07-Apr-14

hunt4em's embedded Photo
hunt4em's embedded Photo
Here is my latest...I dont get to draw much anymore, but still love doing it when I get the chance. Awesome work guys!

08-Apr-14
that godzilla is bad a$$

how old is your boy?......just had to ask.....not that it matters

08-Apr-14
PM Sent

08-Apr-14
Ha! Don't sell yourself short Kevin!

I think that'd look cool on a kid's T-shirt. Heck, I'd even wear a shirt or hat emblazoned with that. You could have a real future in pictographs.

08-Apr-14

Anony Mouse's embedded Photo
The Guardian.

This was used by Wagner Custom Skis last year on one of their series of skis.

Recommendation for aspiring artists: good digital camera with long lens and lots of pictures. You need them for reference to make sure you get anatomy correct. Wonderful having an artist for a daughter as I get lessons as to what to look for in art. Incorrect proportions/poses are the number one fault I have seen when looking at student/amateur art.

Love seeing what others can do, especially when being limited to crayon doodles that few recognize as to what they are ;o)

08-Apr-14

Finito!

It's fun studying all the artwork... especially that "primitive" elk figure. I bet that would be my 8 year old daughter's pick of the bunch!

08-Apr-14
Uh, oh... Apologies sent! The antlers are clearly sweeping forward, not the opposite.

Hey, I never said I was smahrt, just good lookin'! :)

08-Apr-14
Now we're rolling!

Keep them coming.

08-Apr-14

LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
Anony Mouse, I really like the bison coloration. Very bold and a feast for the eyes. Was this all water color or a blend?

This color drawing above is a rendition of monet's "Water Lily Pond" tweaked and scaled back a bit. Did this just to see how much color I could infuse using only color pencils.

Tim, the antlers turned out great. I hope I'm not turning your thread in a direction you did not intend by posting this. But all I have left are of scenery and sketches on hand.

08-Apr-14
Not at all, seriously, LeeBuzz. I was staring at that Monet rendition and got lost in there. Beautiful.

08-Apr-14

Damsel in Distress

08-Apr-14
Tim...what size is that? For sale/trade?

Our post fire home has become an art gallery.Cherie lost maybe $25K of her collection in the fire. Much of what she had collected came off of eBay at very low prices. Think the economy is such that people are now investing in art because the prices are much higher for what she collects. Still, we are at the point where we can switch out pieces like a real museum.

How many people have art in their bathrooms? LOL

LeeBuzz: that was done in acrylics. Carrie is becoming really creative with her art, using transparent paints,layering and gold foil. She did a lot of really nice detail work when in high school using pencils, often on black paper. Every feather and hair was detailed.

Tim...that is simply awesome. What size is it? You interested in selling or making some sort of trade. I'd love to surprise my wife with an addition to the hunting/fishing wing of the museum. ;o)

08-Apr-14
Impressive art work guys. Thanks for posting.

08-Apr-14

Thank you, Anony M., I donated framed prints for a few years at a 50/50 split to outdoor org banquets up in Missoula... TU, NWTF, NWSF, Friends of the NRA, local sportsman's clubs, etc.. We were uprooted in 2010 when my wife lost her job and we ended up here in Laramie. Not the same fly fishing oriented community as it was up in Missoula. I haven't sold anything locally since we've been here.

I have lost most of the sight in my right eye and my left is going fast. I draw/color/print all my stuff at 8 1/2 x 11... I mat and frame them in 12 x 14 frames.

Some are hanging at 11 x 17 in my wife's previous employer's offices and the Whitewater Restaurant in Missoula. They look good enlarged to that scale.

I have several I've done over the past 10 years, or so. I became a stay at home dad when my first daughter was born in 2003... I started drawing to fill the time during naptime etc..

I get a kick out of it when folks enjoy my artwork! :)

08-Apr-14

Montana Cutt (the last one is The Dance)...

08-Apr-14

LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
Thanks Tim,

This is a sketch to represent a painting with a wire frame I was commissioned to do.

08-Apr-14

LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
LeeBuzz's embedded Photo
This is the piece in progress but I don't have a picture of the completed project... lost it.

The frame was a PITA! Spot welded thin wall wrought iron with acidic patina and then sealed. Weighed about 30 pounds.

Turned out really nice though.

08-Apr-14
Wow. Really strong look to it..

08-Apr-14
This is all beautiful and thanks so much for sharing.

08-Apr-14
You guys are all very talented! Nice work! The first wildlife art I have ever seen in my life was when I was in High School and we went on a field trip to the State Capitol in Helena,MT. I was in awe looking at the stuff CM. Russell did. So realistic and made an impression in my life for art more than the politics ever did.I lived in Italy for a couple of years when I was younger and saw a'lot of the stuff painted inside the churches there. Something about a drawing or painting that captures a moment in time by the person that does that. BB does it with a camera like no other! Nice job to all of you that shared your art work. I liked all of them! I would buy an arrow wrap all day long with the pictograph of the deer!" Just an idea" Bob.

09-Apr-14
Bob...easy to make your own wraps with an ink jet printer. Just a thought.

Jack

09-Apr-14
Awesome work guys!

09-Apr-14
Tim...will try and look you up late next summer. Cherie wants to do the Fall Arts Festival in Jackson Hole again.

You ever been to the National Wildlife Art Museum there?

10-Apr-14
Never been there, Anony. My daughter was there in February while attending the Teton Science School in Jackson. The pics she took looked like it is a definite must see.

10-Apr-14
Thanks for sharing, there is plenty of talent here.

10-Apr-14

October Brookie...

I started a speedgoat yesterday but it kicked my butt... back to the drawing board. :)

11-Apr-14

Wyoming Speedster...

13-Apr-14

Just did this one today... Muley Fawn Hiding in Tall Grass.

16-Apr-14

Waiting for Mama...

16-Apr-14
Tim's got talent!

Carrie just posted this on FB tonight...

16-Apr-14
Holy smokes... beautiful.

18-Apr-14

Blackie... just finished. Anyone do any wood carving? I remember a few years ago, on a thread like this, someone posted pics of some decoys... at least I think it was here?

22-Apr-14

November Whitetail...

23-Apr-14

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Great stuff guys! Here'a crappy phone pic of one I did years ago. Mostly just draw with my kids now :^)

23-Apr-14

Beauty, Glunk!

Here's another one... I just finished today.

Rocky Mountain Bluebird...

28-Apr-14

Rocky Mountain fringed gentian and Broad-tailed Hummingbird... just finished this up this afternoon. :)

28-Apr-14

HA2/KS's Link
Tim, a Ruby-throated in WY would be quite a find. Sure it's not a Broad-tailed?

28-Apr-14
Hi Henry,

You're right, they are way more common to the east. I've actually seen the ruby throated hummers in Wyoming, Montana and Colorado... we had one on our deck last summer a couple times.

The broad-tails are way more common, no doubt! My cousin had a ranch on Spraddle Creek in Vail where they took folks out on horseback trail rides. They had 2 liter soda bottles hung all around the tack shed and office for feeders. They had to fill them every couple days. Hummers were everywhere! :)

28-Apr-14

HA2/KS's Link
e-bird does not have a single Ruby-throated sighting for WY and and very few in MT or CO.

28-Apr-14
You must be bored... e-bird? You can call it what you want. I've seen rubys canoeing Fort Peck Reservoir, Billings south, to name a couple. Colorado? Pawnee grasslands, spring fishing in several spots.

It's a drawing, son. Let it go.

28-Apr-14
E-bird is the largest on line collection of bird sightings. Sightings are peer-reviewed to increase accuracy of data.

Tim, I sent a PM.

28-Apr-14
BTW, I have had four species of hummingbirds visit my yard and it can be very difficult to identify one species from another without extensive study or sometimes even examining photos.

29-Apr-14
Understood, Henry. I have visited that website and many others looking for size, color, species reference, etc... I have photos from E-bird on my computer right now.. PM sent. Broadtails are very common here, as you know. I drew the image as I did for a female friend and chose the ruby for the color combination and 'uniqueness'. Sorry to cause a stir - They are beautiful birds!

29-Apr-14
Here's all I could find concerning rubys in the Rocky Mountain states. The hummers I have seen and referred to as rubys must have been another species, after all.

"The adult male, with his bright red metallic gorget, gives the species its name, although other hummers in the central and western U.S. also have red throats and sometimes are INCORRECTLY referred to as "ruby-throats."."

Looks like I was wrong... again. :)

Now I have to draw a broad-tail and change my drawing. :)

I'm sorry for the mistake!

29-Apr-14
I only pointed it out because I know that you want to be accurate. Drawings of the high quality you produce deserve it!

29-Apr-14
Thank you, sir! :)

07-May-14

Whiskey Jack...

07-May-14

T-Post Troubadour...

07-May-14
Tim...see PMs.

Brookie is nice, too (WRT my PM).

Enjoy your work much.

jack

07-May-14

Thank you, Jack! This one is 'Hopper Time!"

07-May-14
That one, too...let me know.

07-May-14

Dinnertime on the Clark Fork... I miss Montana! :)

07-May-14

Rock Creek Rocket...

07-May-14

The Chase, my favorite...

08-May-14
Thank you, Spike! :)

08-May-14

This one is "High Country Cutt"...

14-May-14

I have to announce that my wife Cherie is now the proud owner of two of Tim's drawings. I look forward to seeing them framed and hanging in one of the wings of her art gallery.

Holding them in hand and seeing them in the "real world", I can say that the computer screen does not do Tim's work justice. Simply awesome.

Thanks, Tim...perfect Mother's Day gift.

I'm going to try and take some shots of our art gallery. In my little office, I have almost 30 pieces of art hanging on my walls...and am running out of space. This has been one of the most enjoyable threads. From my perspective, living with so much art and having such a talented daughter, one really comes to appreciate those with talent and vision.

Again...Tim: simply awesome.

jack

15-May-14
Thank you very much for your kind words, Jack. It's a good feeling to know you and your wife like my drawings.

Your daughter is very gifted and it's clear you have instilled a true love of nature in her. Beautiful!

Thank you again,

Tim

15-May-14

I did a ram and a couple portraits of my two girls this week...

15-May-14

Daughter #1 with her hamster, Nibbles... :)

15-May-14

Daughter #2 with our pup, Stormy (the Wonder Dog!) :)

17-Jul-14

Anony Mouse's Link
Time to bring this thread back up.

Wanted to say that I purchased two of Tim's artworks for my wife, who loved them. They are in line to get framed and up with our art collection. Must comment that Tim's work is better in hand than on the screen ;o)

Thanks, Tim...and the inclusion of the note cards was really nice. In a quandary with them, though. I have a set of cards from Carrie's early work, a set from Edsel Duty and now Tim's. Need to figure out a way to properly display these collections. LOL

Lastly, Carrie was featured in an article (link)in the latest issue of Western Art and Architecture. Pretty neat when your offspring find success at what they want to do with their lives.

Again, thanks Tim.

jack

18-Jul-14
I love all the pictures and it is just great that Tim and Carrie have talent that can be enjoyed by a lot of people. I know I really enjoy the art. It probably means more to me than some people since I couldn't do it if my life depended on it.

31-Aug-14
Tim...Your prints will soon be framed and up in my wife's gallery...I'll post a pic of that wall in the near future. Cherie is starting a fishing/hunting area and your fish will really look great, being a contrast to some of her old lithographs.

There is a nice auction starting this weekend with a lot of nice wildlife art: Pearl Art Auction. My wife tells me it is a prestigious auction with some of the top contemporary artists participating. Check it out...Rip Caswell, Julie Chapman and Carrie are among the artists whose work is up for auction.

Carrie has a piece Flat Creek Trumpeters that when I saw it, begged her to give me the daddy-discount.

I brought this thread up for another reason. Anyone have experience with art appraisals/insurance coverage? My wife is in the process of trying to get coverage on her collection, having learned a lesson from our house fire three years back. No appraisers in our area that we have been able to locate and our insurance company has said that self-appraisal a no-go.

With all of the CF collective knowledge/experience, figured this would be a good time/place to ask.

Thanks

jack

• Sitka Gear