Joey Ward 15-Apr-14
Joey Ward 15-Apr-14
Narlyhorn 15-Apr-14
Narlyhorn 15-Apr-14
rtkreaper 15-Apr-14
Hammer 15-Apr-14
Dave G. 16-Apr-14
15-Apr-14
It's 72 degrees right now, but they're calling for 28 degrees tonight.

I'll be covering tomato and pepper plants when I get home this evening.

Fruit and mast may get kicked in the butt this year.

15-Apr-14
13 degrees last night..... 12:30 in afternoon and it's 22 degrees. They predicting 4 to 8 inches of snow tomorrow..

Got the pellet stove going in basement, got the wood stove going in garage..

daffodils and rhubarb is starting to come up, frost not even close to out of ground.

been a loooong winter..

Doing my final draft on my taxes... I'm depressed all the way around..

15-Apr-14

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
It was plenty cold on the turkey hunt this morning.......trying to warm up with a hot bowl of chili.

Heard a few gobbles on the roost, then one again about 11. Never saw a bird.

The wood stove feels really good.I know others have alot more snow.........they are welcome to it :)

15-Apr-14
They're calling for 32 tonight. If it makes it, it'll be the latest freeze ever in recorded history for the area.

And I'll be there. :-) Hot dog!

And if Uggla repeats his grand slam tomight, it'll be his first in consecutive games. And I'll be watching beside the fire. :-) Hot dog!

Go Braves!

15-Apr-14
And Dave, my wife doesn't store her flannels until July 4th.

Oh hell, go ahead. It'd be more entertaining than all this other, uh what was the term...."bravo sierra"?, that's being discussed here today.

:-)

15-Apr-14
Covered everything the last two nights as overnite temps hit 27-30. Uncovered it all this morning.

Tomatoes/Peppers/Brassicas and more are still in the nursery. Those and remaining seed will get planted outdoors over the next two weeks.

Peas are beginning to come on strong. Lambsquarter is coming up everywhere but planted some spinach anyway.

Hoping the drought conditions improve this year. The hard rain Sunday morning was a blessing. Better weed pulling conditions after we got that.

First turkey heard gobblin' across the road yesterday morning. No tags in this unit though. Will try and get up to South Dakota first of May.

15-Apr-14

15-Apr-14
Cannot even see the ground yet in northern Minnesota. Was out plowing the driveway yesterday. Wood stove is going. Hi's in the twentys, near zero at night. May never take off the long john's this year!! Rory

15-Apr-14
it was 32 here last night and we got over 2"s of snow and broke the record for the most snow in a season.

On the other hand when turkey season opens it will be in the mid 60's all week.

16-Apr-14
Got up this morning at 0330 and had to kick both dogs in the butt to get them to go outside. Wind was howling at about 30 mph, resulting in a wind chill in the low teens.

Sophie didn't much mind once she was out...she's a tough little girl who'd rather have it 20 degrees than 80 degrees. Max on the other hand set a record for getting to the closest garden fence post, going, and getting back on the porch. I think he had his leg cocked even before he skidded to a stop.

I on the other hand was wishing for a pair of flannels...:^)

• Sitka Gear