Owl 16-Apr-14
ar troy 16-Apr-14
Narlyhorn 16-Apr-14
Dogsoldier 16-Apr-14
Lucas 16-Apr-14
Narlyhorn 16-Apr-14
15-Apr-14

HA2/KS's Link
For the first time, researchers at Northwestern University have analyzed the relationship between casual use of marijuana and brain changes – and found that young adults who used cannabis just once or twice a week showed significant abnormalities in two important brain structures.

and

Because these brain regions are central for motivation, the findings from Northwestern help support the well-known theory that marijuana use leads to a condition called amotivation. Also called amotivational syndrome, this psychological condition causes people to become less oriented towards their goals and purposes in life, as well as seem less focused in general.

15-Apr-14

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
There's a reason why it's called "dope".

15-Apr-14
Colorado will be a great place to look for work. For some jobs, you have to pass a drug test. For others, you're competing with stoners who are "marijuana dumb."

If you are under 35 and you do not use, you've eliminated half your competition.

If you are stoned every day, you can get a job with the Democratic party.

Drug Darwinism at work.

15-Apr-14
"Marijuana Initiative"...the oxymoron of the year.

16-Apr-14

DaleM's Link
Could even be BO's son. Much like Trayvon!!

16-Apr-14
"Drug Darwinism at work."

-I agree with that.

16-Apr-14
Wouldn't dispute the findings, but a case could be made that this is all the more reason it should be legalized and controlled, which makes it much easier to keep it out of young hands. Keeping it illicit is not an honest solution for this.

16-Apr-14
The findings admit it is a small sample and futher studies need performed as I understood it.

Also indicates that longer term studies have been performed in the past, with both negative and positive findings. So who knows.

I think along the lines of what you said Troy. I think that a valid point.

Drug Darwinism at work. Catchy but more like a bumper sticker slogan.

Regular drug use is bad for you. A more honest slogan based on what we know.

I've seen Booze Darwinism at work too. Not pretty.

16-Apr-14
I'm sick of these studies. Like "Thank you Captain Obvious!".....Nobody said it was good for you.

16-Apr-14
Just going to create a larger group who will need to be taken care of on our cushy new socialized medicine system! You all don't mind, pony up the dough.

16-Apr-14
Good post Spike.

• Sitka Gear