Narlyhorn 27-Jul-14
HA/KS 27-Jul-14
Narlyhorn 27-Jul-14
Narlyhorn 27-Jul-14
Narlyhorn 27-Jul-14
Narlyhorn 27-Jul-14
HA/KS 27-Jul-14
14-Jul-14
I love Summer ! This past weekend I spent Friday and Saturday fishing in the Deep Sea Roundup Out of Port Aransas Trxas There is just something really relaxing about the ocean. Being 100 miles off shore trying to trick some poor fish into taking the bait is just plain fun

Best part was all the people just flat out enjoying themselves. Lots of kids fishing and a good number of wounded warriors aboard the boats. Kid from Austin caught a tournament record 115 lb Kingfish the first day. Big smiles on that kid. Weather was great, food was incredible and all in all just a great day ! We did not win anything but managed to put some fish in the freezer.

Did not fish the last day Sunday I spent the early part of the day helping to load two semi trucks with supplies and clothing donated and being taken to the kids from Central America in Texas and Arizona

Then Sunday afternoon I joined the billion or so people watching the World Cup final. Even managed to skin an Argentinian fan out of $200 bucks on the game

Lets hear how some of you guys are enjoying the summer!

14-Jul-14
Best thing about summer - fresh from the garden tomatoes, sliced thick, on toast and smothered in mayonnaise, a baseball game on the radio, and a cooler with a bunch of ice-cold beverages of one's choice.

Oh, and a hammock. :^)

14-Jul-14
first new potatoes yesterday.

Garden planted late then hailed.

14-Jul-14
Pensacola has rollin' thunder...beautiful women... and warm summer rain.

Orange Beach has stars of fire...words alone cannot explain..........

:-)

14-Jul-14
The first batch of tender white half-runner beans with the first potatoes and vine ripened tomatoes.

And a walleye fillet.

14-Jul-14
Can't wait til it's over. I'm not a big fan of the heat and humidity. I always like it best on Labor Day when we change the calender to Sept. I do enjoy those garden tomatoes in August though....

14-Jul-14

14-Jul-14

14-Jul-14
Stuck in the basement hanging drywall.

14-Jul-14
gadan

no offense, but how in the H are you doing that??

14-Jul-14

tonyo6302's embedded Photo

14-Jul-14

Also spending time enjoying the Nectar of Summer.

15-Jul-14

. . . also spending time with her . . . .

. . . . . 'cause she will be a hunting season widow soon . . . . .

15-Jul-14
tonyo, I hope you have a flippin' stick!

15-Jul-14
Been thinking about getting one.

But then I think, "Just how much more stuff can I get in this canoe?"

15-Jul-14

15-Jul-14

Watched this one hatch three broods of two chicks each, in one of my Wifes hanging flower baskets on the front porch.

I did not know that Doves would have multiple hatchings.

Her first four chicks survived, flew off into the wild.

The last two were eaten by a Hawk.

15-Jul-14
Doves make nests like I draw. I can't even draw stick men right. When you watch other birds drink, they take a bill full of water and hold their heads up to swallow. A dove sicks their bill in the water and drinks like crazy. They start real early and keep putting out little doves as long as the weather holds out. They are almost like rabbits, they do the same thing.

18-Jul-14
Spike...Rheinharts? Benefit4Kids has a bunch of their dinosaur 3D targets for the kids to shoot. One of these days I'd love to get one and put it out front to shoot at.

A few years back, Smith and I went through the Dino Exhibit at the Detroit Zoo and we both wished we could fling arrows at the anamatronic dinosaurs. Since that, we had an imaginary competition...many probably wondered WTF we were doing. Of course, Smith smoked the course. LOL

Been too busy/lazy to make new paper ball targets for my aerial flinger, so bought a bunch of stuffed animals at yard sales to use and have been using them for targets this summer. Smaller and harder to hit, but still fun.

18-Jul-14
Itshot,

Where there's a will, there's a way. I worked on the lower levels mostly measuring, running screws and cutting out for outlets and such. Wed. I was mudding joints and covering screw heads. Have to be more careful to make sure I don't leave any screws that fall between my legs.

I even cut and split wood from my electric cart.

18-Jul-14
"Where theres a will, theres a way"

Indeed! Awesome

18-Jul-14
You'd do the same.

18-Jul-14
"You'd do the same."

We all hope so, gadan. We hope so.

27-Jul-14

Narlyhorn's embedded Photo
Some good times on the Mighty Mo' w/ my nephew. That's me, the younger fella in the back. 8>)

27-Jul-14

27-Jul-14

27-Jul-14
Nice fish. Dries?

27-Jul-14

Thanks HA.

Just the first few pics from a 4 day outing. Representative of the average fish.

Both dries and emergers. I'm not a purist, I'll fish em' either way. There is typically always some sort of hatch spring through fall for the dry purist. Hopper patterns put big browns in the boat.

27-Jul-14

My buddy Mike.

27-Jul-14

27-Jul-14

27-Jul-14
Man, that looks like fun. They are certainly nice fish. Are you on the Snake?

I have done the drift boat a couple of times on the Henry's Fork and it is surreal. It's like the only thing in the entire world is you, the water, the line, the fly, and the fish. All of you are in sync and the rest of the world just rolls past in your peripheral vision. Nothing else matters.

• Sitka Gear