Joey Ward 17-Jul-14
Joey Ward 17-Jul-14
Shuteye 17-Jul-14
DL 17-Jul-14
Shuteye 18-Jul-14
HA/KS 18-Jul-14
Scrappy 18-Jul-14
17-Jul-14
I have a climbing treestand that I used yesterday to top a tree. I can't just lay it out because it was over my garage. I got up about 15' with a pole saw and cut the limbs over the garage and then used the chain saw to cut the 20' section with all the greenery on off. These are scrub oaks that get 20-50 tall and start bending the taller they get. We had snow here about 4 years ago and it took around 14 of them out. Probably 40-50 year old trees. I did wear my safety best because I knew I would get some whip lash. Wow did I get some whip lash!!!. As soon as I heard the first crack I hit the chain break and held on.

17-Jul-14
Actually a lot safer than hookin the tree. At 65 I no longer enjoy being up on hooks. Not a big fan of ladders either.

17-Jul-14
I've used my old Amacker to hang and wire up lights on utility poles. Much easier and safer than trying to balance from the top of a ladder.

Tip.......always carry up more wire nuts, bolts, and staples than you think you'll need. :-)

17-Jul-14
Yep, that's a huge chore. I started, several weeks ago, just limbing up trees in the yard. So far, I've hauled off 13 20' trailer loads. The bulk of it being too small to consider for the fireplace.

My only advice..... drink plenty of water....and be careful. :-)

17-Jul-14
In retrospect, I should've spent more effort in getting my chipper up and running.

If the rain ever sets in............. it's on the project list. :-)

17-Jul-14
I have used my climbing stand for years to trim the trees in my yard. Much better than a ladder. Works great on hickory trees.

17-Jul-14
I love trees but Do Not like them over my house. I've seen too many go through houses over the years and out west the fire danger from them is super bad.

18-Jul-14

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
DL, you mean like the picture? That is my house this past May. Still working on repair. Have new rafters, ceiling joists, roof and working on siding. New sheet rock is in but floors need sanding and refinishing.

18-Jul-14
Immediately thought of you when he said that Shuteye!

18-Jul-14

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Used climbing sticks for tree work around the house

• Sitka Gear