slade 19-Jul-14
one shot 19-Jul-14
HA/KS 22-Jul-14
19-Jul-14

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
Hiroshima

19-Jul-14
the group is an anti nuke group which is just as rabid and made up as the same people that are anti gun, environmentalists and are commies; they have no credibility as being impartial. also the effects of radiations are totally corrupted by anti nuke people and spout lies as to the effects. there is overwhelming evidence that there are no health affects with doses less than 10 rem. Its a political power grab to keep people afraid of nuke energy.

19-Jul-14
Thanks Spike,

There is nothing like some Saturday morning hand-wringing left wing tin-foil propaganda to start the day off with. ;)

19-Jul-14
its politics and not wanting to put up with cries from the libs. also remember the NRC commissioners are appointed by the president, but unlike secretaries they are not voted on by the senate.

spike you can blindly believe what antis say or you can read scientific papers, as I have had to for my schooling and work. Again the regulations were developed on the most conservative premise, the linear no threshold theory (LNT)which took the data from the atomic bomb survivors, who receive very high doses of radiation and developed cancers, then they took those points and extrapolated the line to zero. this was done back in the 50's and 50's and this was adopted by regulatory agencies ever since because even if it was wrong, it would not hurt. however, this has cost business and taxpayers billions of dollars over the years. there is actually very good scientific studies that indicate that low doses of radiations actually prevents some cancers, read Andrew Luckey's research on the subject. Here is something more contemporarty you can link to

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/07/13/absurd-radiation-limits-are-a-trillion-dollar-waste/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2664640/

22-Jul-14
One thing I have noticed is that the longer people live the more health problems they have.

• Sitka Gear