Mint 21-Jul-14
Dave G. 22-Jul-14
pipe 22-Jul-14
TD 22-Jul-14
HA/KS 23-Jul-14
Thumper 23-Jul-14
Anony Mouse 23-Jul-14
20-Jul-14
James Garner, who played Maverick in a hit TV series in the '60's, then Rockford on The Rockford Files in the 70's, has passed away at age 86.

There was something about the way Mr. Garner played his roles that made it impossible not to like him.

Rest In Peace, 'Maverick.'

20-Jul-14
Rest in peace, Rockfish!

20-Jul-14
Korean and Vietnam vet as well.

20-Jul-14
"Korean and Vietnam vet as well."

Combat vet in Korea, purple heart, but no Vietnam service. Think he may have seen time in WW2 as a under aged Merchant Marine... maybe

I enjoyed his work, he was a natural.

20-Jul-14
Always enjoyed his work as well.

20-Jul-14

20-Jul-14
Damn...

20-Jul-14
Nice link, Nva. I once saw a video for school training that had some kid who was carrying an unbelievable arsenal of weapons. They just kept coming. I have been unable to locate it, but would love to find it to share on here.

20-Jul-14
Here he is kicking Eastwoods azz

20-Jul-14
Bummer....nearly all of the good ones are gone !

20-Jul-14
One of my all time favorite actors along with Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, Jimmy Stewart. Today's actors can't hold a candle to those men.

RIP James and thanks for the memories!

20-Jul-14
Is that sheriff one of the characters on Lost?

21-Jul-14
R.I.P.

Mr Garner was one of my favorite actors.

"At sixteen Garner joined the United States Merchant Marine near the end of World War II. He later went to Korea for 14 months in the Regular Army, serving in the 5th Regimental Combat Team in the Korean War. He was wounded twice."

21-Jul-14
Good Actor even though he was a Dem. : ^ )

22-Jul-14
I feel a bit more secure now that he's gone - my wife had a huge crush on him. :^)

Very enjoyable T.V. shows...RIP Mr. Garner.

22-Jul-14
He was an accomplished golfer as well. I had the opportunity to see him play with a young LPGA golfer, Laura Baugh (much prettier than he was) at a celebrity golf benefit back in the early '70s. He was so friendly and tall, dark and handsome. His movies were great. RIP

22-Jul-14
I think my favorite was "Support your local sheriff" just passin' through on his way to Australia....

I loved a few of his roles that weren't household names. "Barbarians at the gate" and The Notebook. He had some good success in his later years.

Great talent, he seemed to have a relaxed easy way about him that came across on the screen very well. Just had to like him. Don't recall any movies where he was the bad guy? Or like the movie Maverick, a bad guy that turned out to be a good guy.....

RIP.

23-Jul-14
"Support your local sheriff" That was fun.

23-Jul-14
Sunset is a a good movie.

Wyatt Earp: Let's find out, you son of a bitch. Draw!

Captain Blackworth: My men will cut you to pieces.

Wyatt Earp: Not before I shoot out your eyes.

[They glare at each other. People move away]

Captain Blackworth: Another time.

[nods]

Cheryl King, Owner of Candy Store: Would you really have shot him?

Wyatt Earp: No.

Cheryl King, Owner of Candy Store: Why not?

Wyatt Earp: I'm not packing a gun.

23-Jul-14
TD:

Twilight (1998) with Paul Newman, Susan Sarandon and Gene Hackman. Garner was the "bad guy" and died in a shootout with Newman in the conclusion.

Watched "Support Your Local Gunfighter", follow up on "Sherrif" tonight. Always enjoyable to watch him in his westerns...a little bit of Maverick always seems to seep out ;o)

• Sitka Gear