Owl 29-Jul-14
Hammer 29-Jul-14
Rocky 29-Jul-14
Hammer 29-Jul-14
Rocky 30-Jul-14
Hammer 30-Jul-14
Owl 30-Jul-14
27-Jul-14
Oh, great. NOW millions of Obama voters have figured it out!

"If voters had it to do over, Romney in a landslide

July 27, 2014 by Noah Rothman

Polls which ask voters for their thoughts on how the last election should have shaped up a year or two years after the fact are pretty much meaningless. The latest CNN/ORC survey which asks voters that question is no exception to that rule. Nevertheless, with just 100 days reaming before the midterm elections, this question is an instructive measurement of voter satisfaction with the president.

If voters had it to do all over again, 53 percent would support Mitt Romney over the 44 percent who would continue to back Barack Obama. The president’s remaining coalition is what you would expect it to be; voters aged 18 – 34, Northeasterners, Democrats, self-identified liberals and moderates, urban and minority voters.

Where the president suffers the most in this survey is among women. CNN/ORC found that women voters backed Romney over Obama by 52 to 45 percent. That is almost identical to the margins among male voters (54/43 percent) and dramatic reversal from 2012 when the nationwide exit polls showed women backed Obama by double digits (55/44 percent).

There is not much in the way of good news for Obama in this poll. A majority say Obama is not a “strong and decisive leader.” By 56 to 43 percent, voters say Obama does not agree with them on the issues they “care about.” Only 42 percent say Obama can manage the government effectively; 57 percent believe he cannot."

27-Jul-14
I am not surprised. The idiots that voted for Obama are finally catching on to what we knew about him back in 2007!

27-Jul-14
Indeed, Steve.

One more piece of evidence that proves why Stupid People Shouldn't Vote!!!!!

27-Jul-14
Until they are reminded of this.

27-Jul-14
McCain then Romney. Pretty sad that is the best we can bring forth.

27-Jul-14
Dog, RJ,

No one here had Romney as their first choice in 2012. But are you telling us he wouldn't have been far, far better than Obama?

Hopefully in 2016 we'll elect Ted Cruz. In the meantime, we have to deal with the reality of what things are today, not what we wish it were.

27-Jul-14
RJ who would want to take over this mess? Any intelligent person has to know becoming president right now is like becoming the captain of the Titanic after it hit the Iceberg. Take one look at the list if mayors in Detroit. I fear that's whats going to happen here. Once the situation is so bad only crooks and thieves apply because they want to steal something before it all goes away.

27-Jul-14
I read DICK morris predicted the Seahawks would beat the Broncos in the super bowl.

27-Jul-14
I don't think Romney would have been all that much better than Obama. I say this because of how he wilted like a weed under a blowtorch in that last debate when he cornered Obama on the Benghazi debacle....and then laid right down and let himself be walked over by Obama and his fat-assed fluffer Candy Crowly.

I sincerely believe that cost him the election.

What I wouldn't have given at that moment to have Newt Gingrich opposite Obama in that debate, even though I do not agree with Gingrich on a lot of things because Gingrich would have went for the jugular.

27-Jul-14
LMAO....My pops for some crazy reason thinks Romney will run again in 16'. No way!

WW,

That storm and some cheating and dirty politics at the end is what won him the election

27-Jul-14
I think that the press is constantly putting Christie, Bush, and Romney in people's minds to confuse the field and dilute any conservative enthusiasm for the coming election.

If they can convince all three to run, they will increase the chance that again a conservative will fail to win the nomination.

27-Jul-14
Romney probably would win now. All he would have to say is "I told you so"

I get bashed by you boyz each time I say it but Mitt and Obama were worlds apart. I think Obamas record now shows that to be true beyond any doubt.

Mitt was far from perfect but he was a damn sight better than Obama the Commie, Muslim loving traitor!

Mitt had the best credentials for the economic times were are going through when you compare that to any other candidate in history. No other candidate was ever more qualified to be president when specific problems were right in his wheelhouse.

That's not to say he didn't have some glaring flaws but we will NEVER have the perfect candidate.

27-Jul-14
"My pops for some crazy reason thinks Romney will run again in 16'. No way!"

That's why we gotta stomp that fire out now! There is a lot of talk about it and it would be a disaster if he won the nomination.

We must get away from Bushes,Christie, Romneys, Mcain type people.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see 15 or 20 people standing on the stage this time around. The establishment may run as many as they can to drowned out the tea party, Paul, Cruz or whoever.

27-Jul-14
Hammer: I agree that Obama and Romney were not the same on most of the issues. My problem with Romney was that he demonstrated in that last debate that he didn't have the fire-in-the-belly and the killer instinct that a good leader needs when having to stand up to the Putin's, Kim Jong whateverinhellhisnameis, and probably most importantly, the Reid's, Pelosi's and MSM DNC propagandists masquerading as "reporters".

They'd have eaten him alive.

28-Jul-14
WW,

I don't think so. He would have stood up just fine in that kind of setting IMO. I think it was calculated in the last debate to not pounce to hard and they calculated wrong. I think even if he had pounced it still would not have mattered. Romney has always shown the ability when he thought it was the right time to pounce a person badly. He thought wrong this time IMO. I couldn't believe it actually. McCain did the same damn thing. Whoever was running their campaigns and given advice were MORONS!

Romney was ahead in the polls nearing the finish line and then was beaten badly. Obama got a big boost right at the end.

One last thing....Romney not pouncing was no excuse for people staying home. In fact I think America got just what it deserved due to their ignorant strategy! The problem is we still have not learned our lesson and people will just stay home and not vote on some 'I am gonna teach the establishment tools a lesson' philosophy. It then backfires and we get people like Obama who do so much damage that it will never be undone. Then by the time real change could happed it is likely to late and the so called lesson failed because the country changes in that time.

In fact I wont hold back anymore. It is a stupid way to bring about change or get a message across. Real change happens by the masses making sure the right candidate gets the nod in the 1st place before the general election.

Just my opinion

28-Jul-14
I don't know why you guys think Romney had any chance at all. If you'd have watched all the caucuses you would know that no one wanted Romney.

All the cheating that went on, rule violations. With those rule changes, if the establishment isn't careful they will end up alienating even more voters during future caucuses losing more voters.

Romney or Obama is a loss! On the issues that matter they are the same!

Both are big government progressives.

28-Jul-14
"Mitt was far from perfect but he was a damn sight better than Obama the Commie, Muslim loving traitor!"

Sugar coated version on both. jmo

28-Jul-14
Spike,

We had this argument and people DID TOO stay home! I proved it pretty easy last time. Don't try to act like they didn't or that they just voted for someone else because they didn't. That is to deny history to say that!

Also if you really think..... "While ORomney had some valuable management skillsthat is no reason to believe that he would b a better president" is actually true then you don't pay attention to what really matters.

They both have flaws like ALL candidates but Romney seems to at least like America. Obama doesn't!

By the way....."Both sides cheat, steal, and BS, disenfranchising the voters and corrupting the system" will happen even with your dream candidate.

Don't fool yourself.

28-Jul-14
Reuters released a new poll today and it's more bad news for Obama.

His approval rating is down to 38% and his disapproval rating is up to 58%. That's not just Bush territory, it's Nixon territory!

28-Jul-14
Romney is a loser , would lose again against about anyone ! Might win if he buys enough votes and no one shows up !

28-Jul-14
Compared to what people like the Clinton's and what they've don Nixon wasn't a crook. Which president signed the following into law? Clean what act Clean air act Endangered species act Marine mammal act Created an Environmental cabinet position EPA created during presidency Got us out of a democratic inflamed war..

So what's Obama done? Allowing millions of illegals come in that have no environmental morality. Plus if it can be killed and eaten here they will. Laws be damned.

28-Jul-14
The bad news about the poll is that 44% would still vote for Obozo. With the dismal voter turnout the last couple of years, most of the 44% would actually vote while 1/2 to 2/3 of the 53% probably would.

28-Jul-14
What can be done about all these numbers and figures now?

There was a time and your neighbors let it pass. The time will come again with another candidate and 7 yrs. down the road you will be able to post the same data.

Hamsters on a wheel. The same hamster on the same wheel. Does it not get old?

The Rock

28-Jul-14
Anyone seriously discussing this and ignoring Cub's point about the supreme court is just plain ignorant or evil.

One thing Romney would NOT have done is ignore the law and use a pen and a phone to rule like a dictator.

I am not now and have never been a Romney fan. He would have done far less damage than obama and maybe even done some good things.

28-Jul-14
Romney would have done a lot of things differently. You don't think the economy and jobs would be up being run by someone who actually knew how to do this and worked at it for most of his life?

WRT fire, he has enough to buy out companies, fire their officers, restructure them and sell them whole or piece by piece. I doubt he would be giving many to unions nor shoring up union pensions with fed money on the behalf of states that promised the moon and couldn't deliver.

He would have been a full time President. I don't know if Romney even knows how to play golf or basketball and kinda doubt the late night riff raff parties would have gone on.... Snoop Dog at a Romney party? Yea right. Maybe with a tail.... so to speak.....

It would have been night and day the difference. I think some are totally ignoring that one hates the country, looking for ways to destroy it, neuter it, as that has to be done for the One World.... and the other a moral man who feels a moral duty to serve it and do what is in the best interests of the country. Just that aspect alone are night and day.

28-Jul-14
The 44% would be the RACIST voters.

28-Jul-14
TD,

I agree with you but it is a waste of your time to explain it. Though I agree much of the time with many folks here there are however times when I think some of what is said is just plain crazy and defies belief.

Some will forgo election after election now to make a point. Their point is totally valid but I think it will be to late by the time the strategy works.

Our best chance is a conservative gets elected somehow even if the far right doesn't like him 100%. I am beginning to think no one will be "perfect" enough for some people here to vote for.

28-Jul-14
Nva,

Yes I do agree that Romney would have been a far better president than Obama but far from what the republican party should be sending to a presidential election. I and all in my home voted for Romney without hesitation. Obama will go down as the worst president in history.

28-Jul-14
I think Romney would have won in a landslide if it was any other person other than Obama that he ran against.

For some reason Obama has 40% of the nation in a trance and he can do no wrong in their eyes. Hell he only needed to convince 11% to win. lol

28-Jul-14
Many TBVIECians will hold on and swear the ship is just fine as it slips under the waves....

44%??? Looks like they've even lost about 3% of the unreachable....

Or maybe those are just the ones who didn't get the free house and gas and stuff..... that wouldn't be a case of smarter voters, just some that will look for somebody else to give them free stuff....

Pretty amazing that these folks who voted for the POS the second time around suddenly now see something that was smack in front of their face the whole time.

Had they simply refused to open their eyes all that time?... Or the mania of the crowd has finally died down and they don't feel out of lockstep by admitting they voted for an inexperienced incompetent shyster. Again.

Now it's "OK" to disapprove because more are doing so? Is this all there are or will this open the floodgates of disapproval?

Following the crowd to be accepted, to be cool, even when clueless as to what you are really following, willing to swallow the lies without thought..... there is a huge factor to that. People so wanting to be accepted they will blindly follow the crowd right off the cliff....

28-Jul-14
I asked this before about candidates and no one seems to be able to answer with all the insight,knowledge and intelligence on this site.

Why would any candidate who has millions of dollars invest a vast amount of their own money to be elected to office?

To serve the public? The answer should be your defense on why you do NOT vote for ANYONE. You think?

The Rock

28-Jul-14
That's an easy one. They invested vast amounts of their own money to be elected because they have vastly more than they invested. Not an issue for them.

28-Jul-14
A quote I heard the other day came to mind as I read this tread:

"What Was, Was"

Mid terms are 3 months away, POTUS is 27. Eye on the prize folks.

28-Jul-14
TD,

We live in a jacked up world and I think many people are incapable of voting what THEY really think. Instead the vote for the guy everyone they know likes. Peer pressure I guess you could call it. I vote what I think is best and to hell with what anyone else thinks. If everyone did that Obama would never have won.

The coolest and biggest BSer wins now instead of the best one

28-Jul-14
I think I would trust one with his own skin in the game rather than one somebody else bought and paid for.

Either way, an incredible amount of money is needed to win the prize. Where it comes from may... or may not matter...

28-Jul-14
"One of my biggest concerns going forward are the Supremes. If we bicker over whether a guy or gal is perfectly set ideologically to make everyone right of center happy and we divide ourselves as a consequence, we will hand the dems another White House tenure and that liberal will appoint at least two Justices."

Yeah! Like we were lucky that Bush got Justice Roberts on the court! Wait....wasn't he the one who we can thank for shoving Obamcare up our keisters when he sided with the 4 SCOTUS libs???

Lotta good that did us.....

Overall I agree with you, but then I recall the day that Obamcare got the okey dokey from the court and I get ill just thinking about it.

28-Jul-14
"Why would any candidate who has millions of dollars invest a vast amount of their own money to be elected to office?"

Our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor ring a bell? Some here are so cynical that they refuse to believe that anyone answers to a higher calling than their own pocketbook.

28-Jul-14
I also believe we are at a point in history that a simple vote is not enough to right the sinking ship. We are in for trouble my friends...

That being said I would vote for Ted Cruz all day long.

28-Jul-14
"Obamcare got the okey dokey from the court "

Dem appointments 4-0 for obamacare

Rep appointments 1-4 against obamacare

Yup, no difference between the dems and reps.

28-Jul-14
RJ,

You are dead nuts accurate!

However, If we make every election count and each candidate that is needed wins then we can do what is needed and right the ship.

However, If we do not do it in the midterms this time and the Presidency in 16' then America is finished IMO and it will NEVER get 'better!'

America needs a Republican super majority to fix our issues. I do not even care if they are ALL conservative as long as there is enough leverage from those that are to get the ship turned. Naturally they will get creamed in the midterms after that but at least it could be done with the right people. It would take courage and a 'I don't care if I win reelection next time because it is best to do this for America attitude'

Short of that America is doomed IMO.

28-Jul-14
HA: You still cannot deny that it was Roberts' swing vote on that issue that stuck us with Obamacare.

That is undeniable.

The liberal judges are not our friends, but we already KNEW that. Roberts stabbed us in the back and he was SUPPOSED to be on our side. To me that's worse.

Would Romney have been better? Hell, the pile my dog dumped in the yard today would have been better than Obama.

I did vote for Romney, but I could also see him doing to us what Roberts did. Et tu, Mitt?

29-Jul-14
WW if romney were president, roberts would not have had the chance to vote in favor or obamacare. The fact remains that it passed without a single republican vote in congress and only one in the supreme court.

That does not excuse roberts, but anyone who equates the two parties is not thinking clearly.

29-Jul-14
"Yeah! Like we were lucky that Bush got Justice Roberts on the court! Wait....wasn't he the one who we can thank for shoving Obamcare up our keisters when he sided with the 4 SCOTUS libs???

Lotta good that did us..... "

SAME TEAM! Obamacare would have been Romneycare had Romney won! How can you not see that! Oh sure Romney might have made a few small changes to it. BUT...Then when the democrats came back into power they would "reform it" and we would have the same frikkin thing!!! SAME TEAM!

Romney may have been different on a few things. We'd be at war with Russia, Syria, going back to Iraq...No telling what else...Romney would have made things much worse in other ways. Same team working towards the same goals, JUST IN DIFFERENT WAYS....That's why we keep going in the same direction as a country no matter if its a D or an R. What 1 side doesn't get done the other side does.

"I think Romney would have won in a landslide if it was any other person other than Obama that he ran against."

He had absolutely no chance what so ever. Even the people that voted for him didn't want him.

29-Jul-14
I see delusions and fortune telling are still in play for the Crazy Uncle Ron crowd.

29-Jul-14
OMG

29-Jul-14
WTH Get a grip!

It is obvious you hate Repb worse than the Dems. How any person can think Romney would jack things up just as bad as Obama but just differently is amazing to me and very very very uneducated.

A commie loving socialist who sides with Muslims and loves the sweet sound of the Muslim prayer and also wants the fundamental destruction (transformation) of America or a guy who loves America. Hmmmm... Yeah your so close to right you're on MARS.

The very fact that you throw out insane things like those who voted for Romney didn't even want to shows....Never mind! It aint worth the effort.

Wanting coverage for everyone is not the same as forcing everyone on a federal level. I guess Romney was so for it that he was a lying POS when he said he would EXE order Ocare out of law on his 1st day in office!

Justice Roberts wouldn't have had a chance to do what he did had Mitt won and did as he claimed but he wouldn't of I guess because your video of him 10 years before hand has a few second clip that shows otherwise?

gezzzzz.

29-Jul-14
Slade,

How can people fortune tell on an event that is in the past and then a hypothetical?

29-Jul-14
"The very fact that you throw out insane things like those who voted for Romney didn't even"

I was at caucuses and I also watched ALOT of them from other states as they happened. The establishment pushed Romney. Nobody wanted him. I don't know anyone who would say Romney was their first choice. The people that did vote for him held their nose while they did it. Many blind voters did only because of the R by his name.

Go back and watch the national convention in florida. That was the most awkward scene. It was painful to watch after everything that had happened.

And I agree Obama is horrible just as I always said he would be. I also said Romney would have been to and I stand by that. I was right about Obama. I'm more then sure about Romney.

29-Jul-14
this is one of the silliest threads in some time. no surprise though.

I think we can agree that our big government anti 2A libtard is better then their big government anti 2A libtard.

29-Jul-14
At the time of the election, Romney had a more accomplished gun ban record than Obama, had already codified socialized medicine in Mass. and was a weakling, frankly, when it came to dealing with the opposition and press. Anyone think he wouldn't appoint a "moderate judge" like Roberts? Or worse? Get a grip.

In so many ways, Romney was a more progressive iteration of W. A likeable fellow with high character who would put his thumb on his neighbor in a split second.

29-Jul-14
How many times has the supreme court saved the second amendment on a 5-4 vote? Who appointed the 5? Who appointed the 4?

29-Jul-14
HA,

"Our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor ring a bell? Some here are so cynical that they refuse to believe that anyone answers to a higher calling than their own pocketbook."

HA....I will take that in jest. Let us break down each person in CONGRESS, their careers, aspirations, records and identify those which are of a "higher calling" to invest, yes invest their dollars, as a priority to serve the public vs. their investment return. Mankind invests for himself not others. Serving the public BTW is what elected representitives were elected for. How can a Master represent his servant? The servant now being the people. Want things to be where they were intended? Rebel against the status quo. Do not defend them.

If you do not agree then what in the hell is all this complaining about on just about every thread and discoveries of government mismanagement lunancies to put it lightly...thievery I would call it.

You want it to remain the same? To continue looking for the Holy Grail of candidates (plural) because one will not do it?

C'MON....having nothing better to do than sit here and complain is entertainment and for some relief of anger and pressure. That is good. Believing what we pen here in regards to demanding change is a whole different animal.

The Rock

29-Jul-14
"Well, round and round we go, but here is to hoping we are smart enough to come together on a less than perfect human being who will be running against Hillary in a couple of years."

-Please stop with the straw man arguments. No one expects a "perfect" candidate. Frankly, the debate itself is futile because the politicians are dictating the rules. Nothing will change until they are forced to accept a severely limited authority in our lives. That happens neither by writing in Mickey Mouse nor voting serially for "less than."

29-Jul-14
Spike, assuming the the SCOTUS argument is valid, is it remotely sane to allow a political party to leverage darn near all else against that single factor? No, which is why we are in our current dilemma. Too few people are far too relevant in our daily lives. How that changes is the $64,000,000,000,000 question but it must because citizens cannot keep conceding ground and expect to have anything left on which to stand.

29-Jul-14
Are those of you who say the voters cannot be trusted saying you are now in favor of armed revolt? How else do you intend to force your will on the people?

29-Jul-14
"Are those of you who say the voters cannot be trusted saying you are now in favor of armed revolt? How else do you intend to force your will on the people?"

- That's a poor reading of the message, HA. Frankly, it is a leftist point of view to accuse folks who want to be left alone as forcing their will on others.

What I am saying is that the voters don't have a legitimate choice because no matter who we elect, they are inherently overextended in mandate. (How many times have we debated the veracity of the lesser than approach? Ad nauseum. Where has that approach gotten us? In much worse shape.)

Over the years, we have simply ceded ground too many times. It's the slow boil method of usurpation...

I have not nor will not call for an armed revolt. Unproductive. However, systemic noncompliance and peaceful civil disobedience is very much in order. Again, how that happens, I don't know except to say it needs to be grassroots across the spectrum and widespread. A couple of Tea Partiers tearing up their tax returns ain't gonna do it.

Elections are important but hardly divisible from an even more critical pervasive mandate.

Maybe your comment ties this debate up nicely. Statism will win because, in so many hearts, exists a statist of his own stripe. That would also explain why the political branding of statism is so darned effective.

29-Jul-14
Owl, I guess I am asking, short of armed insurrection, what is a viable alternative that would pass muster with voters?

There isn't even one that passes muster with Bowsiters.

29-Jul-14
You have to get them on the ballot first.

If you can't win a clear majority for a real conservative in what is unarguably the more conservative of the parties and actually put him on the ticket..... then it's just bluster and hot air with a side order of sour grapes. Romney won his primary, not just won, the rest weren't even in the rear view mirror.

Hopefully there will be a conservative that steps up and stands out. But he has to win the primary first. Yes, he's running against the establishment. Yes they will do whatever necessary to get their guy in, just see the latest by asking Dems to vote in a republican primary.

But they can be beaten. Reagan ran against it and won.

29-Jul-14
No one candidate will do it. No dozen, score or more will do it because giving those people the mandate to run the world will not work. The concentration of power is antithetical to the dispersion of same. My prescription would be to elect politicians sympathetic enough to not shoot or jail us as we divest ourselves from the central government.

BTW, Reagan ran against it, won and then became what he reviled, a big government, progeny leveraging statist. That stated, he was the best president in my lifetime.

29-Jul-14
Spike,

"He did not say that! You are hearing what you want to hear in his duplicitous rhetoric, just like the TBVIECers did with BHOr! "

Grezzzz.....

Not that it matters but here is what he said "If elected, I will repeal Obamacare on day one." That's one quote of hundreds like it.

He said over and over he would sign an exe order to do so by basically making everyone exempt from it by way of waiver.

Just like Obama has used Exe orders to not enforce laws and make sh#$ up as he goes along and to also give people Ocare waivers so could Romney have kept his pledge just like he said he would and he could have signed that Exe order. It would at a min delayed parts of Ocare for a good long time until congress dared challenge him. I doubt they would have challenged it if he had won. The law would have collapsed in on itself too.

He said this too, “On my first day in office, I will issue an executive order that paves the way for the federal government to issue Obamacare waivers to all fifty states.”

Granted he did think things like staying on your parents insurance and not being thrown off the ins rolls and not being denied for preexisting conditions were good things that in the end needed to be kept. I agree with him but it was clear his plan was to repeal it by way of waiver through Exe order. Obama has done it for 100's of thousands of his pals w/o consequence so what makes you think Romney couldn't or wouldn't have done what he said he would do?

"Waiver, repeal and replace" remember?

He could not just undue the whole law like a dictator but he could have stopped what we are seeing now with the stroke of a pen and he said he would. The waivers would have allowed the good parts of the law to stay and the bad ones to be ignored which is basically what the republicans wanted. We would still have "the law" but nothing like we see now. Surely you know this right?

Agree yet?

By the way do not forget that a very large majority of Americans wanted real healthcare reform anyway...They just didn't want what Obamacare gave us and how it forces people etc. Romney knew the difference and said so many times whether you agree or not

29-Jul-14
Owl,....

Thank you. I personally needed to hear that from someone else. One begins to think they themselves are going mad from the pervasive lunacy they revile.

The Rock

29-Jul-14
Rock,

Just except you are going mad. I know I am.

:)

30-Jul-14
Hammer, No really. Sometimes I think I am in the Wizard of Oz with this government. You know..everything is being done behind the curtain by both parties. I get so frustrated at our hard headiness that this guy or that guy will be the change we have been waiting for. Then why you try to explain this ridiculous lobotomatic hypnosis we have been in for decades people discount you as unpatriotic or treasonist.

American politics, as structured to accomplish, is as dead as disco. People are genuinely afraid of that proposition as if they could do something constructive about it. Then repetition of the former rears its ugly head by a simple whisper and warm blow in the ear. Once again everyone is on board the Titanic again with binoculars.

The Rock

30-Jul-14
You are right.

We need a complete reset of almost everyone in DC. One guy wont make that big a difference. A super majority of conservatives who do not care about being reelected would though. lol

30-Jul-14
Rock, I think we are all there in varying degrees. But it is nice having company in our little part of the curve. lol

• Sitka Gear