Nomad 28-Jul-14
NvaGvUp 28-Jul-14
Hunting555 28-Jul-14
nowheels 28-Jul-14
bluedog 30-Jul-14
NvaGvUp 20-Aug-14
27-Jul-14
Guys,

Starting mid-morning tomorrow, I'll be absent here for a couple of weeks, then again off and on for several more weeks between now and Thanksgiving. Five awesome hunts with six tags, two of which are sheep tags, not counting trying to help our buddy, 'gadan,' arrow an elk in Idaho in late Sept.

Less than 24 hours to go and my 2014 Hunt Odyssey begins!

United to SFO ~ noon tomorrow, followed by an Air Canada flight to Vancouver where I'll spend the night. Then I fly to Whitehorse, drive to Watson Lake, followed by a charter flight to Frank and Cindy Simpson's Stone sheep camp late Tuesday.

I've been somewhat worthless the past week thinking about this hunt. This weekend I've been totally worthless.

Geeze! I'm 65 years old. You'd think I'd have gotten over pre-hunt excitement by now!

27-Jul-14
Have a good one. Take plenty of pictures.

27-Jul-14
When you lose that pre-hunt buzz, you may as well go to the market for your meat. It is cheaper and a lot less work. Glad you still have the thrill.

27-Jul-14
Henry,

Precisely!

I quit running 100 Mile Endurance high mountain trail runs twenty years ago because I'd done a lot of them, many at a very high level, but towards the end, lost the fire-in-the-belly passion you have to have to train properly and race properly.

If I ever lose my passion for hunting the high mountains, I'll give it up. Then I'll just sit back, looking out over the mountains from our back patio, single malt scotch in hand, while remembering the hunts, the great friends I made on the hunts, and coaching others who are interested in how to follow in my footsteps.

27-Jul-14
Best of luck Nva!

would make a great 'live' hunt, but pics in a few weeks will do

27-Jul-14
itshot,

A 'live' hunt from the high northern BC mountains is not doable.

But I will post whatever I can whenever I can.

27-Jul-14
You go, Kyle!

Hope it goes well. Kill a big 'un. Many pics please.

27-Jul-14

27-Jul-14

27-Jul-14
Good luck Kyle. Take pictures!

27-Jul-14
Geeze, Kyle...you too cheap to get a sat phone or rent a private satellite?

Have a great hunt/be safe.

jack

27-Jul-14
Mouse,

Part of the purpose of a sheep hunt is to go where no one can contact you and you can contact no one!

The only evidence of other people on a perfect sheep hunt is the occasional contrail!

No way would I want a sat phone on a sheep hunt!

27-Jul-14
Kyle - Forget Sat phones. Enjoy the solitude, soak in every bit of detail. Share what you will later. I'm excited for you. And jealous.

Climb high. Live large. Make clean kills. As that piece of tenderloin crosses your lips, chuckle in contentment.

Good hunting. Short bloodtrails.

27-Jul-14
Best wishes Kyle. Praying for safe travels and hope you have a great hunt! Looking forward to lots of pics.

27-Jul-14
Get em all, Kyle. I'll expect to see some pics over a single malt someday.

27-Jul-14
Kyle. Goody luck. God Speed. Have fun!!

28-Jul-14
Good luck Kyle,,,

28-Jul-14
Go get em, Kyle! Have a great time and a safe trip, and we look forward to hearing about it.

28-Jul-14
Good luck. Looking forward to the follow up. Be safe.

28-Jul-14
Awesome......good luck & be safe!

28-Jul-14

28-Jul-14
Good luck!!!

Have fun!!!

Be safe!

Take plenty of pictures for us!!!

28-Jul-14
Good luck. Looking forward to the updates!

30-Jul-14
Enjoy it well Kyle... will be great times.

Got a call from my old hunting podner in Tucson this morning. He finally did it. He has a tag for desert ram in 31a and 31b this December. His feet aren't touching the ground. ;).... (Has a cow elk tag for 2nd week in December in unit 1 he'll gladly be eating..)

20-Aug-14

NvaGvUp's Link
Per your requests, the story of my sheep hunt can be seen on the Sheep Forum at the link. Lots of photos!

• Sitka Gear