Dave G. 31-Jul-14
Salagi 02-Aug-14
Hammer 02-Aug-14
Hammer 02-Aug-14
Thumper 04-Aug-14
Mint 04-Aug-14
Shuteye 05-Aug-14
31-Jul-14
Can you imagine the squawking from the left if this ad aired today.... boggles the mind thinking about how much hand wringing and tooth grinding there'd be. LOL!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mNWr9eF2Huk

31-Jul-14

Gumby's Link
Oops..

31-Jul-14
Classic

31-Jul-14
Back when we were dating, Mary Ann always warned me that I better not be wearing my quick shooter hat.

She musta seen ol' Roy's ad. :^)

31-Jul-14
Growing up then we knew the difference between fantasy, fun and reality. Not so sure kids nowadays can figure that out.

31-Jul-14
Nice boots.

Shirt's a little too disco'ish for me though. :-)

31-Jul-14
After this hits "the web" .... watch some idiots try and make some of these! (all is Not Good in cyber-space age now!)

31-Jul-14
I remember that, and did you catch the price 5.98. Wow!

31-Jul-14
The Bear Archery ad in PlayBoy.. think in 1974.. was nice. Won't be seeing the likes of it again.

I have it, thinking about posting it. Some might be offended though. ;)

31-Jul-14

31-Jul-14

I think it was this ad and this toy pistol that started me on the road to being the gun nut that I am!

31-Jul-14

HA/KS's Link
Link to an excellent discussion of the topic of toy guns and violence. It is lengthy, but a great read.

From the link:

Experts say that pretend weapons or imaginary good and bad guys play by kids brings the opposite. It’s social, cooperative, and part of developing morality and dealing with conflict. Children recognize that weapons hold power and they explore this power and fears in their safe play world at a young age.

31-Jul-14

HA/KS's Link
Price: $275.00

Oops, too late. This item has been sold.

31-Jul-14
When my brother and I were kids, being just 2 years apart, my Mom made it a practice to get us the same toys- namely toy guns for Christmas each year for 2-3 years. I think she did it to cut down on the fisticuffs.

Anyway, Christmas of '59 she got us replica M1 Garands, complete with plastic/rubber bayonets, WWII-style canteen, and web belt.

The next summer, JFK was running for president and was stumping throughout western PA. The next door neighbor told Mom that he was scheduled to come riding through our little coal mining town on one particular afternoon, so we all went out and lined up along Rte 56 to see this guy.

The only way I remember that we had gotten these particular guns the Christmas before JFK's visit was we hadn't yet broken them over each others head yet. Toy guns never lasted much more than 6 months or so with me and my brother resorting to hand-to-hand combat with them.

Of course my brother and I had our toy Garands slung over our shoulders, standing no more than 20 feet away from JFK as he road past in a big black convertible with SS guys all around. We never went anywhere without those guns, and this occasion was no different. As I recall, we even saluted as he past and he smiled and waved.

Those Secret Service guys never gave us so much as a second glance - at least that was what we thought at the time, but I'm sure they had us scoped out well before the limo got to us.

I'd like to see a kid today try to watch a presidential motorcade armed with his trust toy gun of choice. Especially one that looked pretty damned authentic like those Garands did.

02-Aug-14
I had a cap gun almost get me in trouble as an adult many years ago. I was in the National Guard as a lowly private. The officers had a habit when we were in the field not to carry their .45's but keep their holster flap buttoned down. I managed to slip an old cap pistol into the company commander's holster without any one noticing until. The other officers noticed it later. I said I almost got in trouble because Capt Wofford never found out who did it. He later became the Adjutant General of Arkansas so it must not of hurt his career much.

02-Aug-14
How dare they use the little children to promote a gun hat. lol

02-Aug-14
Can you imagine a hat like that? You gotta hope the gun doesn't shoot you in the face before it flips forward all the way. lol

04-Aug-14
I sure could have used one on my third grade teacher a few times.....lol

04-Aug-14
Every year for Christams I asked for this lever action rifle dart gun with a wind up rabbit and every year I got a toy rifle but not one that shot rubber darts. Years later I found out from my older brothers why. They had one when they were 10 and 8 years old and when my Mom bent over one day shot her right in the butt with it. Well my mom, being a Marine snatched it right out of their hands and broke it over her knee and then went about her business. My Mom told me seeing their surprised faces was priceless!

05-Aug-14
Neat video. When I was five years old my dad gave me a single shot 22 rifle. I was killing squirrels with it before I was old enough to go to school. I still have it and it is in great condition.

• Sitka Gear