Rocky 01-Aug-14
Dave G. 01-Aug-14
Rocky 01-Aug-14
Dave G. 01-Aug-14
DL 01-Aug-14
Rocky 01-Aug-14
DL 01-Aug-14
31-Jul-14
Two Drs infected with the virus are being brought to the US for treatment. How stupid are these people? So the Zombie apocalypse has begun.

31-Jul-14
I know we have some smart people in this country...LOL

31-Jul-14
Open borders. It is part of the democrat and libertarian platforms.

The republicans don't bother to put it in the platform, they just allow it.

01-Aug-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
CDC is trying to say its perfectly safe. The disease is very difficult to contract. Really?!! Then how the heck did these people contract it when they were dressed like this and took every precaution to avoid it?

01-Aug-14
Up to a 90% kill rate! That would leave how many million people left in the world?

01-Aug-14
You don't think the virus has been in the US?

My co-worker's daughter has been working on it her entire research career.

01-Aug-14
Folks,

As Amoebus mentioned above Ebola has been here for years; the CDC's BSL-4 lab has had it and been studying probably longer than some of us have been posting on the BS.

Properly contained it makes perfect sense to transport the 2 doctors here; we have better facilities and treatment modalities in the US and these 2 heroes deserved every chance to recover.

I'm attaching a link for those concerned about transmission; it is nowhere near as easily spread as airborne viruses such as influenza and with strict adherence to universal precautions risk of transmission is minimal.

Of course with a fatality rate of up to 90% adherence damn well better be strict!

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

01-Aug-14
Are there any people in this world highly skilled in their profession who know more about these things than we do? Is anyone other than ourselves capable of anything outside of breathing?

Paranoid knee jerk reaction. Do you also believe they would endanger themselves and their families purposely?

C'mo folks.

The Rock

01-Aug-14
Good info Amoebus and Mike in CT.

I just wish I had more faith in the CDC. They've been mentioned an awful lot in the news lately, and it hasn't been favorable.

01-Aug-14
Dave G,

How much faith do you place on the "news"? News people today do not report the news they make the news.

The Rock

01-Aug-14

Dave G. 's Link
Rocky,

"News people today do not report the news they make the news."

Really. You don't say! Well, when it comes to the CDC, news people didn't make the news, the CDC made it themselves. They are mandated to report all such incidents. And it's relatively easy to find.

You should know better.

01-Aug-14
How did they contract it? Doesn't WHO do research? They're dumping 100 million in research into it. I read somewhere that they intentionally exposed themselves.

01-Aug-14
Dave,

Stop. They are mandated by what and who? If there was an outbreak of epic proportions the last to know would be you and I. Like every other org. they are not permitted to cause a panic. The other point was just made in by DL. RESEARCH means MONEY....for everyone connected with the health care industry now the largest contributors to the economy. Its DOLLARS boss just like crime is dollars.

I think you may have to reel in your " faith" of everything you read, see and what are told.

The Rock

01-Aug-14
Let's see, what other little gift did we get from Africa that's only transmitted by bodily fluids and the general public has nothing to fear. Oh yeah HIV/AIDS. I guess no more people are affected by that one. Rock you are correct by the way. The less I probably hear the better off I would be.

• Sitka Gear