SB 01-Aug-14
Dogsoldier 01-Aug-14
Rocky 01-Aug-14
Rocky 02-Aug-14
TD 02-Aug-14
31-Jul-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
I live this picture. Back in the day you could hide behind a newspaper. Make faces at your wife when she was complaining and rattle the pages to blot out sounds of kids or your wife. The good old days.

01-Aug-14
They don't make us anti-social. They just help re-define what "social" means.

01-Aug-14
I'm a traveling salesman and I remember when at the bar, conversation would always strike up on the news of the day,...whatever... I chuckle now how almost everyone is bellied up staring into their cell phone. Remember whenever you got into the elevator and eye contact then small talk would always take place. Now, everyone reaches for the cell pretending to be looking at a message or phone call, avoiding other elevator occupants. Watch next time...

01-Aug-14
Anybody else happen to noticed that both photos certainly appear "monoethnic". :^)

Hope Sharpton or Jesse don't get wind of this.

01-Aug-14

BlueDog's embedded Photo
BlueDog's embedded Photo
I have yet to get a cell phone.....

01-Aug-14
They were people going to work. Wait,...who said that?

01-Aug-14
Pipe, no need to show your true color.

he he he

;-)

01-Aug-14
LOL @ pipe

01-Aug-14
Joey, is everything a matter of color to you? :-)

01-Aug-14
When I go over to visit with my family, my daughter and her son are buried in their cell phones, same when I visit my son, his wife and three kids, buried in their cell phones.

How can people inter-react with each other if they don't talk to one another. It really pisses me off.

01-Aug-14
Just plain RUDE behavior!! If I was treated that way .... to hell with them! I have no use for that crap either! I don 't even use the land line! Nobody to call anyway . No friends... No family. Life has finally become peacefull!

01-Aug-14
I have 1 but never have it with me.

Its like having a collar and chain that anyone can tug on.

01-Aug-14
The ability and confidence to speak in a live forum is rapidly evaporating before our eyes. This will no doubt impact face to face interaction into misunderstandings. A very dangerous area. Infliction of the voice and body language can not be duplicated. The only means of communicating between humans where a word may not ever be said but the message heard loud and clear and understood.

The Rock

02-Aug-14
IMO it is not possible to have anything but verbal interaction through electronics. Nature guarantees that physical contact is irreplaceable.

Mother and a newborns communication begins the process with a word never being spoken.

I predict that innate compassion will be bred out of the human species thereby creating a sub species of dead space in the heart which will be socially catastrophic and leave the door wide open for a heartless dictator who will wreak havoc upon people or peoples. We have witnessed this countless times in history. We have artificially tilted the scales in its return. It is unavoidable if we continue on this path of which we have can not jettison.

The Rock

02-Aug-14
Cell phones didn't make me anti-social.....

I was born that way......

It is pretty amazing having not had one for over half my life.... now I don't know how I'd get by without one. If I leave it at home by accident I feel neked.... panicked.

We had radios on the farm growing up. Later in life radios on the boat and a base at home. If we didn't have cell phones I'd need to have a radio on the delivery trucks.

Just radios with a lot of folks on the frequency.....

• Sitka Gear