Hammer 02-Aug-14
RK 02-Aug-14
Hammer 02-Aug-14
Two Feathers 02-Aug-14
Hammer 03-Aug-14
HA/KS 03-Aug-14
01-Aug-14

Hammer's Link
Was this before or after they went extinct?

01-Aug-14
both

01-Aug-14
Never happened - more adult fairytales from the secular humanists,

02-Aug-14
If the artist can draw it - it must be true.

02-Aug-14
I'd say that theory just doesn't fly.

02-Aug-14
"There is a lot of evidence however."

Is it evidence or supposition and speculation? There is a difference.

That saying, "show me a pic or it didn't happen" applies for me on issues like this.

Show me the genetic missing links or it didn't happen

02-Aug-14
It still doesn't fly with me.

02-Aug-14
"Is it evidence or supposition and speculation? There is a difference."

Funny...I often ask the same question about the bible.

"I'd say that theory just doesn't fly."

Neither do emu, ostrich, cassowary, or kiwi, but they still exist. There were a lot of flightless birds that have since become extinct.

Is there anything that explains the existence of du-claws on dogs and cats etc. and goose bumps on humans?

Both of these are useless features of our anatomy, yet other species possess the same features that play a huge role in their existence and survivability.

Like the old saying..."Useless as tits on a bull."

So why do they exist on those of us that don't use them in the first place?

02-Aug-14

What's wrong with du-claws on dogs? They still use them because my Danes have both torn one off.

"Front dewclaws are meant to snag prey, a wolf can demonstrate that quite clearly and effectively."

Spike,

WOW....That article along with my skull article is sure a weird coincidence I guess.

The theory of evolution at its finest I guess?

02-Aug-14
Indeed sir!

02-Aug-14
"What's wrong with du-claws on dogs? They still use them because my Danes have both torn one off."

"Front dewclaws are meant to snag prey, a wolf can demonstrate that quite clearly and effectively."

That makes sense, I guess I just never thought about it that way. Of course it doesn't explain why deer have them. Here in New Mexico a guy taught me to cut open the skin about half way between the hoof and joint of a Muledeers front leg and you can find a small remnant of a bone that looks as though it could have been a dewclaw. They cut them out and let them dry and then save them to use as tooth picks.

So know I just need to know why we have goose bumps.

02-Aug-14
Goosebumps? WTH difference does it make? I know when I get them when scared my awareness heightens like no joke so maybe they serve a purpose of some kind.

I would never say that the human body is not evolving and or getting rid of things we do not need but I just refuse to accept we came from primates. IMO that never happened!

02-Aug-14
"Goosebumps? WTH difference does it make?"

that answer is not allowed in a creation/evolution debate. If I gave you that answer every time you questioned scientific theory and results you'd call me out so fast it would make my head spin!!

"I just refuse to accept we came from primates."

God already told us where we came from, he just didn't give us the details. That's why he gave us science. Why is that so offensive to some people?

02-Aug-14
Wait....You are making something up....Who thinks it is offensive? Offensive isn't the word I would use. I would call it total unadulterated bunk without the confirmed facts to back it up.

he he he.

02-Aug-14
You guys are kidding right. Goosebumps are biology 101

02-Aug-14
RK,

Enlighten us?

Goosebumps are controlled by our erector muscles contracting. They are a vestige from long lost times when human beings were covered with hair or so the story goes.

It is a Pilomotor Response actually. They do not serve much purpose to humans or so they say but they do in the wild. They can serve to fight of flight and when an animal is cold.

About right?

The real question is it a loss of an evolutionarily trait that is no longer needed? Funny thing though is we still get the bumps but have no hair to put them to use. Funny that the hair all but went away but the bumps still persist. Maybe in a million years we wont get bumps either and kids will be born with cloths.

LMAO. Just messing!

02-Aug-14
I would say we are not evolving but actually de-evolving! The first humans created by God (Adam and Eve) were perfect. We, on the other hand, carry an accumulation of harmful genetic mutations.

Hammer, I wouldn't push those vestigial organs too hard. They are just more evolutionary pseudo science already proven false.

03-Aug-14
Two,

Well I try to at least be honest. I do believe humans have evolved and de-evolved in certain areas over time.

However I think we were put her close to our current form and made in a way so as to survive and thrive and adapt to our surroundings physically.

Not sure but is adaptation and evolution the same thing? :) Either way we did not come from goo or primates IMO. God gave us the ability to adapt but not to evolve into another species all together like evolution tries to make us believe we somehow did..

But again as confusing as my position is at times I do think animals and humans adapt or evolve and de-evolve within their own direct species specifically but that does not mean God did no put us here. He surly did and in close to our current form.

03-Aug-14
Most of Creation was made with a simple word from God. He then made man with His own hands and breathed life with His own breath.

• Sitka Gear