Joey Ward 22-Aug-14
Hammer 22-Aug-14
Joey Ward 22-Aug-14
Hammer 22-Aug-14
Owl 22-Aug-14
AZOnecam 23-Aug-14
22-Aug-14

Hammer's Link
Girl gets scolded, removed from class and punished with an in school suspension for saying "bless you" after a class mate sneezes.

This is nutz and BS and every adult involved in this should loose their job immediately.

Some schools are even trying to ban certain slang words kid use when talking to friends from being said in school. It should be the kids choice and the teacher should just explain that is not proper language and that in the real world they should not use them because it could cost you a job interview etc and people may look at you as uneducated. They should explain not to get into the bad habit so you don't carry it into adulthood but to outright try and ban them as a punishable offence is ridiculous. I agree while during class time that kids should be forced to proper grammar but in the halls and playground and gym etc the school should say nothing.

The thread story above and link is an outrage IMO and has anything beat I have ever seen. Every day something more outrageous happens in America and someone has their rights stepped on. Take note this is a young lady and she was being respectful and polite to her classmate and doing what she has been taught. Then a crazy and liberal teacher comes down on her like a ton of bricks. What a bunch of BS.

I hope the teacher has a 30 day sneezing attack.

22-Aug-14
I remember when you were expected to have manners in school, not punished for it. Do you suppose there is a direct correlation between this type of action and the erosion of our society?

22-Aug-14
sureshot,

No of course not. Morals and respect and self reliance and all that jazz is all relative anyway and really means nothing.

We are heading down a very dangerous road and the worst part is that it doesn't have ebbs and flows anymore. It is like full steam ahead. In my life time I have seen nothing like it and have not seen things move this fast and fall apart so quickly. We are doomed IMO. Its just a matter of how long we can hold on.

I just watched that new Nikki M Anaconda video and could not believe my eyes. Disgusting, perverted, vulgar and really unbelievable and people just eat it up and treat it like it is no big deal. We are very screwed when morals and even somewhat proper behavior goes out the window and is replaced with crap like that and even embraced.

22-Aug-14
"Disgusting, perverted, vulgar..."

That's what they said about Elvis. Then Morrison. Then Nugent. And Simmons. And Madonna. And GaGa. And.......well, the list could get long.

And man, if you liked Alice Cooper....

;-)

22-Aug-14
Joey,

I hear ya but it does get worse and worse. Hell our great grandparents would fall over dead if they saw that vid. They would be mortified.

22-Aug-14
Nah....heard it all before.

You know why it seems it keeps getting worse and worse?

Because, you're getting closer and closer to the end of your time here. And you want to try to change too much, that you never will, in that short time.

Goes by faster every year, don't it?

:-)

22-Aug-14
BTW, I can remember my grandparents being mortified by Elvis. And they only showed his first performances from the waist up.

LOL

22-Aug-14
Spike X2................. Joey?

By the way bro, I am 43 so I aint old or anywhere near the end of my time. lol

It is fair worse though. I don't think anyone would even try to argue that. Heck when I was a kid the most sexy you saw on TV was Daisy Duke in her Daisy dukes. Now people are cussing and swearing and half naked and showing their azz and see through blouses and guys kissing guys and girls kissing girls during primetime TV hours. Titty's at half time super bowl shows etc is what we see.

Sex always has sold but at least when I was growing up it was sold with some class behind it.

"Quite frankly Scarlet I don't give a damn" caused an uproar. Now we have 'lets have sex and then you can kiss my effing azz Scarlet you whore you is normal and no one blinks an eye about it when they see it.

We are lost morally and it will be our undoing.

22-Aug-14
"I aint old or anywhere near the end of my time."

I sure hope that's true buddy.

Was a pallbearer just two weeks ago for a good friend that thought the same.

As far as your question Spike, I think I've grown more tolerant of some parts and less tolerant about others.

I imagine those levels will change as I continue on. As they have. ;-)

But specifically speaking, I'm intolerant with the music these days. But my kids seem to like some of it.

Maybe I'm turning into my dad. I can remember him saying the same thing.

He didn't like that Alice Cooper. I think he took "only women bleed" literally.

LOL

22-Aug-14
I can assure you I am just as intolerant of it now as I have always been.

22-Aug-14
Secularism is the new state religion. Be advised anti-God is NEITHER irreligious NOR unbiased.

We have gone from the off-screen implication of Elvis' hips and "frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." to live twerking and R rated movie dialogue about anal sex. Believe me, I am no prude but there has to be a decent standard of, well, decency. Hopefully, market forces will prevail.

23-Aug-14
Par for the course. We're yanking our kids out of public school. They still get to play sports, get the benefit of early college courses, all the good things our public school is dropping without the B.S. and weenie government crap.

Gov't schools are now showing us what to expect from our future health care.

We now get to home school our kids, go to neighboring countries for health and dental care, all because everything the U.S. gov't touches turns to shit overnight.

Don't like the DMV or Post Office, that's what your kids' school and your doctor's office is going to look and feel like in the next few years.

• Sitka Gear