Woods Walker 23-Aug-14
Salagi 23-Aug-14
tonyo6302 23-Aug-14
Salagi 23-Aug-14
Owl 23-Aug-14
AZOnecam 24-Aug-14
Shuteye 24-Aug-14
23-Aug-14
In the spirit of the Scotch thread, any of you like a good cigar?

I'm partial to Pedron, La Gloria Cubana, most Rocky Patel.

Not much for Macanudo, but their Especial torpedo is fantastic.

The Griffins, Onyx maduro, when someone else is buying, lol.

Pretty much anything Arturo Fuente.

Anyone else have some favorite cigars?

23-Aug-14

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
How about a Monica?

23-Aug-14
Yeah WW, you are banished to the "lame response" corner. Wear your hat with shame.

23-Aug-14
Hey now! As a non-smoker, when there's any mention of cigars the first thing I think of is Monica!

Now I'll go back to my corner...

23-Aug-14
I have to agree with WW on this one.

23-Aug-14
Man, I luv a good cigar but don't know much about them...

23-Aug-14
C'mon over Shut, it's a big corner!

23-Aug-14
I only smoke a cigar once in awhile, too much of a tightwad to pay the money to smoke a good one as often as I'd like. One of the Fuentes are my choice as ones I enjoy and can afford.

My brother in law used to give me some vanilla cigars from time to time that were great. I tried to get him to tell me where he got them so I could order some. He never would. All I ever found out was he got them out of Texas. There was no band to identify them either. Decided they must be coming out of Cuba and he was protecting his source. Haven't had those in several years.

Did have a few Cuban cigars once. A missionary friend would buy a few when he was working in countries that imported them, stick them in his jacket pocket and never had any trouble with customs. Seems if you only had a few and didn't try to hide them, they didn't care.

Man, now I'm wanting a good cigar and the closest place with any selection is 60 miles away. Thanks AZ. ;)

23-Aug-14
I love cigars. Unfortunately, I am a reformed smoker, and do not imbibe anymore.

Macanudos were tops on my list when I smoked them.

But, as a now - non smoker, 1 is too many, and a 1000 is not enough.

23-Aug-14
"I managed a cigar shop that specializes in boutique brands. So I've had the opportunity to sample many small runs and unique blends. "

Hackbow, I'm almost envious of that. i remember very well smoking a Romeo y Julieta at the end of a week long training 30 years ago (the ladies got a rose and the men got a cigar which we lit up in the hotel banquet room. Try that today huh). Never knew which R&J it was, now I have one to try and see if it is as good as I remember.

Thanks to all for the recommendations, keep them coming. Maybe I'll quit being quite as much of a cheapskate. Meanwhile, I am out of Swisher Sweets.

23-Aug-14
Puffing on a cigar had a laxative effect on me. It was hell stoking one up on the golf course and almost immediately looking for a place to drop trou...I probably haven't tried since my college days. Though, I admit to loving the smell. Of the cigar, not the byproduct. :)

24-Aug-14
There's something about that just right blend of tobaccos where you get that coffee and chocolate taste, a deep rich white smoke, a slow steady burn, and the longer the ash, the better the flavor.

24-Aug-14
Over 50 years ago I had climbed an apple tree with my recurve bow. I fired up a great big green Optimo cigar. A huge doe walked under the tree. I had no place to put the cigar so I shot with it in my mouth. The doe only went about 25 yards and I saw it go down. I spent over an hour looking for the cigar and couldn't find it. It was dry in the woods so I field dressed the deer, drug it out and went back looking for the cigar. After a couple hours I decided there wasn't going to be any forest fire. One place I used to play music used to give me cigars in tubes, they were great and know they were expensive but have no idea what they were called. Don't smoke any more.

• Sitka Gear