sir misalots 29-Aug-14
70lbdraw 30-Aug-14
Pat C. 30-Aug-14
Plywood Bender 31-Aug-14
Pat C. 31-Aug-14
70lbdraw 01-Sep-14
Pat C. 01-Sep-14
23-Aug-14
Any of you fellas have experience with a Ruger SR 9. I'm thinking about getting one and I want to be sure it's reliable.

23-Aug-14
My brother has one. He shoots it a lot and never had a misfire or hangup. Very accurate at 15 - 20 yds for a small auto.

I have other Rugers.....SR 1911 and several .22 autos and revolvers up to Blackhawk .44 Mag. All perform like.......Rugers! Perfect!

23-Aug-14
70. Ruger puts out a great product. You will be satisfied with it.

I don't buy rugers anymore for a variety of reasons but none if them are because the product is bad.

I know several people on here use them have had great results. I think shuteye loves Rugers and has several of them

I would think Spike Bull would have some great thoughts on the product seeing that he is deeply invested in personal security and has a wealth of knowledge on all firearms with regard to professional and personal use of a multitude of weapons, some civilian only. He will know a lot about the ruger product line

My thoughts on my limited knowledge is that it is a good firearm at a great price point

23-Aug-14

Your thread just got used to go around the barn to needlessly cast aspersions.

Sorry about that. Hope you get some othe honest responses.

24-Aug-14
SD,I'm not sure I understand. I'm not to particular about certain threads of mine going south as long as I get the feedback I need. LOL!

24-Aug-14
For a minute I thought they were making ruber guns.....lol

The SR9 I shot was scarry accurate!

But there were a lot of stamped and "tender" parts in the darn thing, not a high round count weapon, jmo.

24-Aug-14
I have a lot of experience with the SR40C. Never jammed, ever. SR9, with a friend, same thing. Great handguns.

It may have some some "tender" parts, but they run. I don't need a 100k round carry gun. Mine, in the hands of a better shot, put 10 rounds at 7 yards from leather, fast, in a group no bigger than a small grapefruit. Easy to shoot well..

25-Aug-14
For a small 9mm, single column, look at the LC9S. Tiny, but with a great striker fired trigger pull. It is easy to shoot well, and $369 at my LGS.

Ruger is making some good guns.

25-Aug-14
I have the SR9-C. Very accurate and fun to shoot. Great choice.

25-Aug-14
I have shot one and like it. I also like the Beretta Nano. Both are fun to shoot and dependable. I just went to the new gun store that opened in Delaware and bought a bunch of 9 MM ammo. The SR 9 is full size while the Nano is a tiny single stack. Both striker fired. I use the extended magazine on the Nano so my little finger has a place to rest and gives me 8 shots. It is about the most snag free easy to conceal pistol out there.

25-Aug-14
LOL! I just realized I spelled Ruger wrong!...oh well.

BK, I tried the SR9C but it just doesn't feel comfortable in my big monkey hands. I also don't intend to carry concealed so it isn't a big issue for me. Mostly recreational shooting and home/truck protection.

I appreciate all the feedback. It sounds like I can at least trust my choice to be good one this time.

25-Aug-14
So, I want to add to my question. This will be the first handgun I have purchased. The SR9 with the SS slide retails for $529.00 at our local tactical supply store. They are a small business and are great at customer service. They are friendly and helpful. They also offer a prior military discount.(I'm not sure how much of one tho)

My question is, do I buy from him and enjoy good service or do I look for the least expensive one on-line and buy it? I don't want to be cheap, but I also don't want to screw myself out of a good deal.

Opinions?

25-Aug-14
I think you would have to buy thru an FFL dealer anyway if you buy on line, and they will charge a fee. You might save a few bucks that way, but I would support a local shop with the purchase.

25-Aug-14

26-Aug-14
I had bought several guns at "budsgunshop.com" before my boating accident where I lost ALL my firearms. They have the "SR9" available at $411.00.

You couldn't beat the price, delivery and warranty.

26-Aug-14
Used Gunbroker.com several times. Never an issue.

Usually the local FFL's charge $25-$30 transfer fee.

On the ones I've purchased, even after the shipping and transfer fee, I've saved at least $50.

Local gun store didn't handle the guns I purchased and the closest one that did was 30 miles away.

26-Aug-14
Try sites like "the National gun Forum", or, "The firing Line". LOTS of information, and reviews on all guns. (not that the guys who posted didn't provide good info).

26-Aug-14
When I use gun broker I don't bid on the guns. I just find one of the sellers that is a gun shop and has a lot of them and I call them up and order one sent to my FFL holder directly.

As far a Ruger being a good gun....almost no LE use them and no military use to speak of. They aren't selling them for $400 bucks for the high quality.

27-Aug-14
Rugers are fine guns, I own six of them and they perform perfectly.

27-Aug-14
I have owned a number of them myself. They are not a "saturday night special" for sure but there are better revolvers, better semi-auto's, and better shotguns in every catagory. Ruger of course rules in the .22 world.

27-Aug-14
I bought the Ruger BSR 45 for 449.00 A Scheeles. so You might look around!

29-Aug-14
Ive had one for 10 years. Great gun well made and the price now is the same when I got mine. IMO triger is better than any striker fire out there.

30-Aug-14
Thanks Spike, but I went down to our local gun shop and picked one up. I got it for 449.00 but it was worth it and I didn't have to wait for it. I can't believe how well this gun just fits in my hand!

It's a piece of cake to break down as well. So far I'm happy with my decision.

30-Aug-14
70 answer your PMs there bud!

31-Aug-14
The Ruger is a great gun, but for my carry gun I bought a SCCY in 9mm. It is a double stack small frame carry gun, and at $260.00 I won't cry if I have to use it and never get to see it again while the courts have their way with me.

Trigger is a little heavy but that's my only complaint

31-Aug-14
I put a 3.5 ghost trigger in my SR45. I really like it.

01-Sep-14
Pat...After shooting my SR 9 I'm considering getting an SR 45 as well. The more I shoot my 9 the more accurate it becomes!

01-Sep-14
For the price you can't go wrong, you going to get Lakrishas sister? hehehe

• Sitka Gear