Narlyhorn 28-Aug-14
Sixby 28-Aug-14
Narlyhorn 28-Aug-14
Owl 28-Aug-14
Kathi 30-Aug-14
Dogsoldier 30-Aug-14
26-Aug-14

Woods Walker's Link
Hillary is a war hawk and the unrest in Ferguson isn't about race, but failed drug laws.

Cue the Twilight Zone theme..........

Hillary may very well get us into another war, but it's not because she's a hawk. It's more like she's incompetent.

26-Aug-14
Is the theme music for you? ;)

-The negative modifiers for Hillary are legion but "incompetent" is not one of them.

- He is clearly speculating on the context to the Brown shooting. So, in terms of acquiring the "Ferguson POV," even if it is incorrect, it is valid to identify from whence such perception derives. There must be some exploitable context there for the race baiters to be so effective.

26-Aug-14
"- He is clearly speculating on the context to the Brown shooting. So, in terms of acquiring the "Ferguson POV," even if it is incorrect, it is valid to identify from whence such perception derives. There must be some exploitable context there for the race baiters to be so effective."

???? Yer GOOD! You should run for office! 48 words that say absolutely nothing! That's almost Pelosi-like!

And just for the record, up until the last few months I was liking Rand Paul a lot. He seemed to have a lot of great points without the loonieness of his dad. But I guess genes are genes. He did contain it though for quite a while, I have to give him credit for that.

26-Aug-14
“So it’s a very good chance that had this had nothing to do with race, but because of all of the arrest and the way people were arrested, that everybody perceives it as, ‘My goodness, the police are out to get us,’ you know? And so that’s why you have to change the whole war on drugs. It’s not just this one instance.”

-From your link... How would you classify this passage if not speculative? Again, the man is just trying to put causation to the specter of race in the country. There are many but, if the incarceration rate for drugs is 70-80% non-white, then, yeah, it is going to be viewed as racist by non-white folks. Just another unfortunate consequence from a failed policy - it gives race baiters plenty of fodder to make hay.

I believe you are reading way more into this than is actually written. Besides, I don't think the shooting was a racist incident. I'll give the cop more credit than that. You may think it a racially motivated shooting but I'll wait for the investigation to conclude.

26-Aug-14
He is really blowing it lately.

26-Aug-14
Agree with Mint...and on some major issues.

26-Aug-14
Owl: The only racism in Ferguson is on the part of those doing the looting/protesting.

I don't think for a nano-second that the LEO shot him because he was black. All the facts are not in yet, but it doesn seem as though the officer recieved physical injuries which would lead one to assume that he shot in self defense. I mean cops in this day and age just don't go gunning people down for no other reason other than their skin color.

The racists in this situation are the ones who want this man drawn and quartered before all the facts are in, and who actually LIED about what happened in the first place!

And here's a tip someone of ANY race......

If you don't wish to be incarcerated, then DON'T BREAK THE LAW IN THE FIRST PLACE. Novel concept, huh? You heard it here first!

But I know...that's racist.

26-Aug-14
"I don't think for a nano-second that the LEO shot him because he was black. "

That's Paul's presumption, too.

26-Aug-14
I agree with Mint.

26-Aug-14
I think he is blowing it to an extent also. He is assuming he can cautiously make those who support failed Republicrat policy take an honest look behind the curtain.

In my experience, that is a difficult if not impossible task. I find it interesting that black conservatives making the same claim are not being equally lambasted for the same linkages. Maybe because their fathers are not former libertarians?

It is easy to support the "war on drugs." It is more difficult to admit the socio-economic carnage it has done to both the individual and the nation. Regardless of our race.

26-Aug-14
Good post Narlyhorn.

26-Aug-14
Right, the "war on drugs" is the problem, not the culture that they follow. Another progressive idea that will end in failure and masks the real problem. Get rid of the war on drugs and the same problems will only get worse not better.

26-Aug-14
Mint is right.

26-Aug-14

26-Aug-14
The war on drugs is but one socio-economic problem of many. Monetary policy, public education, unfetterd public assistance, property rights and lack of religious freedom are others, but not all inclusive.

The solutions are to grant more freedoms and accept more individual responsibility.

As a nation, we haven't tried that in a very long time. Under republicrat leadership I don't expect we will see substantial improvement. Just more of the status quo.

What metrics are you using to determine that problems will only get worse? Race relations aside, I contend that we had fewer socio-economic problems, better public education, more propery rights and religious freedoms before government drug prohibitions or the war on drugs.

If more individual liberty is progressive, I'd be happy to own that.

26-Aug-14
Frankly, the "progressive" agenda would be to heap on more control and then punish personal choice in the name of "saving people" instead of granting more freedom. The libertarian position would be to grant freedom, remove the public teet and look to personal ministry (volunteerism) to help those who stumble.

Think on that for awhile. A huge boon for cost cutting on a multitude of fronts, vastly improved barometer for freedom, drastic right-sizing of the government mandate, and a renewed reliance on neighbors, churches and outreach programs.

26-Aug-14
"Right, the "war on drugs" is the problem, not the culture that they follow."

I see you skipped over the first sentence I posted which is what Rand is eluding to. There are many reasons to change the "war on drugs" but it is the "culture" that they are following that is holding them back. Take away race and you will get the same result following that "culture".

I expected more from Rand than blaming the "war on drugs" as to what is causing the black segment of our society to have so many problems. Like I said, he sounds like a progressive.

26-Aug-14
Before I judge a "Paul" to see where my vote is cast, I look at the Constitutional voting record.

Guess what family name leads the way in voting per the Constitution ?

Then, ya gotta wonder why "Hit" pieces come out so early against some, all the while the MSM is pushing another "Romney - Ryan" ticket at us.

I will take either of the "Pauls" over any of the other so called "Conservative" frontrunners.

I'm with Owl on this one.

26-Aug-14
"Not a dimes worth of difference . . . "

Don't be fooled by the MSM. Romney leading the ticket equals 8 more years of a DNC controlled whitehouse.

26-Aug-14
Mint x2

26-Aug-14
I know you all barf at a Romney president but I would love to see Romney as the pres just for the economy.

26-Aug-14
I'd take ANYBODY over what we have now. Rand could be President and his father could be the Secretary of Non-Involvment. They could have straight jackets with the Presidential seal on them!

27-Aug-14
I cannot understand why some folks believe constitutionalism is "looney." It is beyond confounding and defeatist.

27-Aug-14
The left sees Paul as a threat....anything that can be printed about Paul that is negative is going to be hammered in the news cycle. I want to have perfect conservative but that doesn't exist. I will vote for Rand Paul over any Democrat living....ANY DEMOCRAT.

The community forum is a microcosm of the Republican part....we eat our own. Democrats don't do that. They pick somebody and then they destroy anyone in their path by any means necessary.

27-Aug-14
Isolationism? What form of isolationist beliefs does he espouse that bothers you?

27-Aug-14
Owl, "It's just a piece of paper?"- G.W. Bush

Yeah, I know, it is bunk according to neo cons. Then why won't he deny having said it? Even if not true, his actions speak even louder.

And having been accused of just having a problem w/ Bush, how about Alberto calling the Constitution out dated. Perhaps it was the Geneva Convention?

27-Aug-14
Admittedly my previous post was over antagonistic and I edited it accordingly.

My point is, that like democrats, republicrat politicians don't seem to have a problem w/ circumventing the Constitution either. So long as it is for a "good" conservative cause.

If you haven't guessed it, I still hold the Patriot Act in particular contempt.

I agree w/ Owl and Bowfreak.

27-Aug-14
Paul is going to be living under the microscope. Just the way it is. He'd better adjust to that or he's only going to get the paltry 10% of half the electorate like his father did. Popping off with what most consider out of left field if not downright crazy off the cuff comments as he tends to do will be what destroys his run. Not "the media".

When supporters are stuck explaining what he "really meant" all the time you are dead in the water, constitution or no constitution. Leaders with grand ideas are worthless if not, you know... actually elected by the majority to office. In this case not just a local level or a fan base level, it will have to be on a national level.

27-Aug-14
A couple of things to remember, Paul is not running against only democrats, he is running against statism. Uphill sledding for reasons witnessed here - a lot of us are hard core, albeit unwitting, statists.

Also, Paul has to get on record with, excuse me,please, minority-centric rhetoric because, if he wins the primary, he will be hammered daily for saying civil rights legislation is overreaching in that people should have a right to refuse service.

28-Aug-14
Am I seeing a trend here?

Tell me what I want to hear so I can vote for you. Perhaps it is a problem of the vision of those peering through the microscope. Odd they can't hold their nose for the Constitutional candidate but willingly do so for gradual or accelerated statism.

The American people do prefer statism over a Constitutional Republic. It is apparent to me looking at the American voting record this must be true.

Make no mistake, the media plays a huge role. The lens of the microscope can distort ones vision in ways that are not always apparent to the viewer.

"A blind man leading another blind man will put both of them in a ditch." America is in the ditch, is it not?

28-Aug-14
Rand Paul is the only politician worth taking a look at imho. Not saying I will not vote for another Republican but overall Rand Paul follows the constitution and spirit of the law better than any politician I have seen. God bless, Steve

28-Aug-14
tonyo, yes, good piece from Napalitano. Spot on.

28-Aug-14
" I kind of liked Rand until he vomited that bit about Civil Rights. "

-BA, I find your disposition unexamined, unprincipled and harmful to your neighbor. The Civil Rights amendment was originally cast to guarantee essential services like food, lodging, fuel, physical care. That, I agree with. Beyond that, the government has no business dictating who and who not can be served. It is a serious abridgement of fundamental rights to compel by force the violation of conscience.

Besides, America is post-racial. We're over it. The only color commerce sees is green. We'd whup the discord over sexuality,too, if people would stop making such a big freakin' deal of it.

30-Aug-14
I really liked Rand Paul until...he compromised his views on America. I realize that a person running for the highest office in the land has to garner votes from both sides of the isle but I think Paul has gone a bit over the top. Ted Cruz...hmmm..maybe.

30-Aug-14
I am still very critical of Rand Paul but he is by far better then anything else the GOP has to offer that's for sure...

I'm disgusted with ALL government...

What really disgusts me is that it seems like no one else is....

• Sitka Gear