Woods Walker 28-Aug-14
sureshot 28-Aug-14
Shuteye 28-Aug-14
gflight 30-Aug-14
BOWMAN BOB 04-Sep-14
Hammer 04-Sep-14
27-Aug-14

Hammer's Link
WTH are these gun instructors thinking allowing 9 year olds to shoot an Uzi to begin with?

Preventable loss of life had just one person used commonsense. This little girls life will never be the same due to a dumb decision by the parents and the instructor.

Something just like this happened last year too!

27-Aug-14
Yep, completely avoidable.

27-Aug-14
Im all for teaching kid to shot, But a full auto Uzi NO!

27-Aug-14
Unbelievably bad choice on the instructors part in particular.

Agree, if only one adult had shown some common sense a tragic accident would have been avoided.

Prayers to all involved.

27-Aug-14
sign the parents up for a mensa scholarship.

senseless in all regards. one dead, one traumatized for life, and another blemish on gun owners and enthusiasts

28-Aug-14
No words for this tragedy.

I taught my daughter to shoot when she was 9. It was with a single shot .22 rifle, and I sat at the bench with her and handed her each bullet one at a time.

28-Aug-14
A little common sense would have helped in this situation.

28-Aug-14
I have some range time with the uzi and to me a little girl like that has no hope of controlling that weapon. At 10 rounds/second it really wants to rise.

28-Aug-14
This has happened before. I was a little older when I shot a Thompson Sub Machine gun. It had a 50 round drum magazine and would shoot pretty quickly and rise like crazy. Once you got the hang of it you could control it. Seems to me it was a little over 600 RPM, not fast by today's standards but we though it was fast. I never owned one but a friend of mine did. 45 ammo wasn't expensive but you could burn up a bunch of ammo quickly and we didn't have a lot of money.

30-Aug-14
I didn't realize that Geraldo Rivera was still around.....

"Like I always say, the 2nd Amendment, the provision that gives every American the right to keep and bear arms, is blind and stupid. In its relentless pimping for the gun industry, the NRA has unleashed an avalanche of deadly weapons on this gun-crazy country. Just as protects access to weapons for cops and hunters, it also protects access to weapons for domestic abusers, mental patients, jerk-offs on the no-fly list, all-around dim bulbs, and now little children.

As the father of a sweet, smart nine year old daughter myself, the latest example of gross excess is the image of that pony-tailed New Jersey girl accidentally killing her gun range instructor. It is obscene and uncivilized to let a third grader shoot a fully automatic Uzi machine gun. What was she training for, revolution? Invasion? Service in the coming post-apocalyptic social disorder? Stupid, but just another of countless examples of how far into insanity we have let the gun nuts push us."

04-Sep-14
yes this a accident that should have never happened.We as gun owners and supporters have to think.

04-Sep-14
I take issue with the Govt infringing on what gun I own but I take no issue with them passing a law that says a kid CANNOT shoot a gun like a fully loaded UZI.

• Sitka Gear