Anony Mouse 29-Aug-14
Kathi 30-Aug-14
SB 30-Aug-14
Elkhuntr 30-Aug-14
HA/KS 30-Aug-14
Anony Mouse 30-Aug-14
HA/KS 30-Aug-14
29-Aug-14
We do not currently have TV, but I would love to watch an occasional football game. Any suggestions?

29-Aug-14
Any high school should be having games at least once a week starting about now. Take your pick. If I'm going to watch someone else play a game I'd rather see it in person. This goes for hunting as well as ball sports.

29-Aug-14

Anony Mouse's Link
I watched the MSU football game on my computer tonight...didn't have any other way to do so. Cable/satellite have ESPN, but to watch with my Roku I'd have to subscribe to DISH or Direct TV, which defeats the purpose of the Roku's.

Found this link...

30-Aug-14
firstrowsports.eu But I'm not sure about the safety of that site...I just really wanted to see the Redskins game.

30-Aug-14
Any "sport " that involves a ball.... not the least bit interested.

30-Aug-14
I have not had cable TV or satellite TV for decades. We use an antenna and get about 5 channels. NBC, ABC and sometimes FOX comes in. I think it was two years ago the Super Bowl was on CBS. I watched some of it online. If you have internet, you have TV.

30-Aug-14
"If you have internet, you have TV."

How? That is my question.

30-Aug-14
Henry..,

When Internet is referred to, it generally means some sort of broadband connection. Dial-up may be too slow. For rural communities, dial-up may be the only connection other than via cable, satellite or your cell provider. (Cell phone data plans need to be looked at closely as some of the "unlimited" ones have a choke point where connection is slowed when you have reached a certain amount of usage.) I have a friend who lives a few miles away and her only Internet connection is via her husband's business phone.)

Most OTA (over the air)stations now have live streaming of their programming content. Thus, you should be able to stream NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, PBS, etc. to your computer.

You can Google programming NOT found on the OTA stations and may find a link (as mentioned about football).

Many TVs, DVD/Blueray Players have Internet connectivity built into them...allowing connection to programming via the Internet. Also, many computers and smart phones also have the ability to connect to some of the Internet connected TVs.

Another option are streaming devices such as the Chromecast and Rokus. They can connect most TVs to the Inetnet and have many channels that provide a wide range of content.

I dumped my DISH satellite last December and purchased Rokus for our TVs. Had been paying over $100 to get the channels that I actually watched. Since satellite providers do not provide ala carte offerings, one often has to jump up several levels to get the stations one actually wants to watch. I was paying for over 250 channels to get the <10 stations we actually watched. Who actually watches Home Shopping, Foreign language stations, or all the other crap that your subscription supports (Al Gore TV)?

I now subscribe to Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon Prime Instant TV for less than $25/month, can watch programming on my schedule and have far better programming than I ever had with DISH. The subscription to Amazon Prime recently increased, but still a good deal. Amazon made a deal with HBO and has much of their programming for free (sorry, no Game of Thrones).

Nice thing about streaming is that you can not only watch at home on your TV, but can stream to your mobile devices (laptop, tablet, phone)where you can hook into a wifi network.

Roku has a lot of free and paid stations covering just about any topic or interest. They also have many private channels.

I am sure you may find just about anything you want to watch just by searching with adding "live TV" to get a link. That's how I located the MSU football game last night.

Feel free to email me for any specifics.

jack

30-Aug-14
I current have 3 meg down, but am thinking of upgrading to 6.

• Sitka Gear