BIGHORN 01-Sep-14
Woods Walker 02-Sep-14
TD 03-Sep-14
Owl 03-Sep-14
Zbone 03-Sep-14
NvaGvUp 03-Sep-14
BIGHORN 04-Sep-14
30-Aug-14
The Rams cut Michael Sam in today's mandatory cut to 53 day.

I could care less that Sam is gay. But he showed no character when he professed on Draft Day he did not want to make an issue of his sexuality, then it turned out he had a media plan all along to go all out to advertise and celebrate his sexuality.

30-Aug-14
rumor has it he is going to green bay

30-Aug-14
He will be back Monday

30-Aug-14
To me the saddest part of the Sam story is that when the Rams drafted him, he stole the spotlight from what otherwise was the best personal interest story in the draft.

The Rams had drafted Safety Maurice Alexander out of Utah State in the 4th round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

In 2012, Alexander had been dismissed from the USU team for fighting with a teammate. He left school for the next semester and found work as a janitor at the Edward Jones Dome, the Rams' home field.

He got his act together, returned to Utah State for the 2013 season and had a stellar year. His story would have been the feel good story of the NFL draft until Sam stepped in and drew all the attention.

30-Aug-14
Sorry the kid didn't make it but glad the game trumped the politics. Didn't help his own cause by agreeing to make a show of his rookie season. Really over leveraged his stake with the team. I would wager the decision to cut him was made when that came to light. I would have cut him on that basis alone.

31-Aug-14
You don't understand..........he will be back with the team Monday. he is not gone..........unless he goes to another team.

31-Aug-14
Michael Sam was nothing but a propaganda tool. If he had just played football and left all the im gay look at me BS he might have a career in the NFL!

31-Aug-14
Bou'bound - Didn't sound like to me the Rams would be interested in putting him on the practice squad... Sounded like they were done with him...

31-Aug-14
"Michael Sam unclaimed on waivers

By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Michael Sam To Rams' Practice Squad?

Sources close to Michael Sam say the defensive end has not been claimed on waivers.

Sam, who was waived Saturday by the St. Louis Rams as they cut their roster down to the maximum 53 players for the 2014 season, is now free to sign with an NFL team's practice squad.

Sam became the first openly gay player to be selected in the NFL draft when he was picked by the Rams in the seventh round.

He had been battling undrafted rookie Ethan Westbrooks for a final roster spot. Westbrooks was one of nine defensive linemen to make the team.

Sam tweeted thanks to the Rams on Saturday for giving him a chance to prove he can play in the NFL, saying in a series of tweets that he looks "forward to continuing to build on the progress I made here toward a long and successful career."

On Saturday, Rams coach Jeff Fisher made no guarantees of Sam securing a spot on the team's 10-man practice squad because of the team's needs for more bodies at other positions.

"The practice squad is heavily dependent on what you do in other positions," Fisher said. "We've got, for example, it's well noted that [CB] Trumaine [Johnson] is going to be down for a few weeks, [C/G] Barrett [Jones] is going to be down for a few weeks. We may have to go heavy in the other positions. If you're familiar with our roster right now, we've got five linebackers, for example; we need linebackers on the practice squad. I'm not going to go into what his odds are or what those opportunities are until we sift through things tomorrow."

Fisher and Sam are expected to talk Sunday."

01-Sep-14
With McDonald beating a Pregnant woman seems the 49ers might pick up Sam, it would be a PERFECT fit!!

01-Sep-14
"The practice squad is heavily dependent on what you do in other positions," Fisher said

I guess he can't play tight end.

01-Sep-14
Maybe wide receiver would work.

01-Sep-14
Sam cleared waivers yesterday as all 31 teams declined to claim him.

Even if he might marginally help a team, the benefit would be more than offset by the media circus that would surely follow.

01-Sep-14
You guys were right I was wrong I thought somebody would pick them up based on pressure.

01-Sep-14
Sam made his bed back before the draft when he told Jeff Fischer and undoubtedly several other teams that his being gay was not an issue, then went into full media mode on his gayness ASAP once he was drafted.

Fischer must have been livid over the deception and no doubt other teams took notice.

Sam made his bed and now he gets to lie in it.

01-Sep-14
It's simple... he is a marginal talent for the NFL. He was worth a look and that is what he got. Lots of pretty good players don't make it.

01-Sep-14
Maybe he can get a job selling vaseline.

02-Sep-14
Or maybe start a gerbil ranch.

02-Sep-14
News just said if he passes a physical the cowboys will sign him to their practice squad.

03-Sep-14
Jones never met a media circus he never liked.....

ok, well maybe one.....

03-Sep-14
My snarky comment about Sam would be that he has little chance to sign with a team because Al Davis is dead. I forgot about his heir, Jerry Jones.

03-Sep-14
Jerry hosed up with Johnny Football at pick 16...8^)

03-Sep-14
The Cowboys have signed him to their practice squad.

04-Sep-14
The Cowboys need help and BAD. I have them on my middle list of losers this year along with the Dolphins, Chiefs, Panthers and the Ravens.

There is a list of worse teams too. The ones that have a chance are the Broncos, Eagles, San Fran, Packers and the Saints.

Just my humble opinion.

• Sitka Gear