Woods Walker 01-Sep-14
HA/KS 01-Sep-14
sundowner 01-Sep-14
sundowner 01-Sep-14
pipe 02-Sep-14
TD 03-Sep-14
01-Sep-14
Let us pray!

Two recent polls in Illinois show Dick Durbin's lead has dropped from solid double digits earlier this summer to just eight and seven points!

01-Sep-14
One can only hope that little dick Durbin will lose. But I wouldn't bet on it. Its Illinois

01-Sep-14
No one here would love to see "Sack 'O Durbin" lose more than I would because he's my Senator. His opponent, Jim Oberweis, was my State Senator and is a good man. When there was a anti-gun bill up for vote in the Illinois Senate I called his office to encourage him to vote the way I knew he would and left it at that. A few days later I was at dinner with my wife and her mom when my cell phone rings and it's Jim Oberweis personally calling me to give me an update!!

But that said, Oberweis is NOT the strongest candidate out there in and in a bluer tha blue state like Illinois it's going to take a lot to unseat an entrenched liberal Dem like Durbin, even with his lies.

01-Sep-14
certainly worth a prayer but sadly, not a chance imo with the Dem and GOP machine backing him.

01-Sep-14
Elkhuntr,

Just how is the GOP machine backing this far left nut case liberal a-hole?

Please show us your work.

01-Sep-14
I would say far more likely that a mostly conservative republican or two could lose due to the "throw them all out" mentality.

Our Senator in KS is in trouble even though his voting record is well over 80% conservative. Of course the "moderates" and leftists are united against him for being so radically conservative. There are not enough of them in KS to cost him the election.

If he loses, it will be because the supposed conservative voters will abandon him for someone who is untested and will only serve the spoiler role.

01-Sep-14
"If he loses, it will be because the supposed conservative voters will abandon him for someone who is untested and will only serve the spoiler role."

Oh, come on HA, don't beat around the bush, just come out and say it.....you mean LIBERTARIANS!

01-Sep-14
Not necessarily, WW. In KS, it is probably more the TP types. I am very much in sympathy with the original TP movement, but this is just wrong-headed.

I would love to replace Roberts with an even more conservative senator, but not with a leftist democrat.

01-Sep-14
I don't agree with some things the GOP does, but to say they back Durbin is a stretch too far, IMO.

01-Sep-14

02-Sep-14
I too am from IL and in my opinion, Oberweis is as strong as we can get because of his name recognition and he did win the primary..Recognized because of his long successful business in IL. He won the primary and therefore we had all better be enthusiastically be behind him so we can beat that dick, and get that dick out of office.

03-Sep-14
Wouldn't be the first time the GOP has asked for Democrats to bail them out.....

But granted, that was just a little kiss on the lips in the primaries.... no prophylactics needed.... if you ask them anyway...

• Sitka Gear