RK 01-Sep-14
Pat C. 01-Sep-14
Mike in CT 02-Sep-14
Shuteye 02-Sep-14
Barty1970 04-Sep-14
Pat C. 04-Sep-14
Barty1970 05-Sep-14
01-Sep-14
Going for a couple weeks anybody been there?

01-Sep-14
Three times. Once in 1965, once in the mid-nineties and then again last year.

My mother was a WW II war bride from Northern Ireland. That whole side of my family lives in N. Ireland, England and Scotland. Her oldest brother and his wife have lived in Scotland for decades, originally in Aberdeen, and for the last twenty or so years since they retired, on the NW coast .

Scotland is incredibly beautiful and the people are wonderful, as are Ireland and the Irish.

Make sure you visit the NW coast near Gairloch. Spectacularly wild and remote.

If you plan on renting a car and driving, make sure your life insurance is paid up! The roads are VERY narrow and there are no such things as shoulders, just rock walls that are 6" from the left side of your car as you whiz by at 60 mph while a tour bus whizzes by @ 60 mph going the other direction, missing you on the right side by 6" at the most! Of course, you're driving on the wrong side of the road in a car with a right-side steering wheel, which makes the experience all the more memorable.

01-Sep-14
You know im going to have a good time, but id rather be hunting or fishing. But it's a once in a lifetime trip for me. Kyle how are the pubs? and is the beer as good as I here?

01-Sep-14
The pubs are awesome. The people you meet will welcome you and be very friendly.

Order Fish and Chips and Guinness in every pub and you'll never want to order Fish and Chips or Guinness again in ANY place in the USA.

Compared to the Fish and Chips and Guinness you get in Scotland and Ireland, the Fish and Chips and Guinness you get in the USA are simply embarrassing!

01-Sep-14
Kyle all I really want to do is get to the castle Campbell sit down and say IM home!! Bring me a pint please. If that works out ill let you know! Pat

01-Sep-14
Pat. Are you going to fish when there

01-Sep-14
If I can get away with it!

01-Sep-14
There is some excellent fishing not far from castle Campbell if I remember right. Tweed river. Need to check seasons but if I remember right some of the seasons go into November and that is either for salmon or brown trout.

I will try to check tomorrow and let you know.

Where all are you going on the trip and how many days will you be in country

01-Sep-14
starting in Glasgow and ending up in Edinburgh. Will be there about ten days. Long enough to get in trouble if im not careful!

02-Sep-14
I had the good fortune to be in Scotland once while in the Marine Corps. Spent most of the time in and around Edinburgh and agree with the assessments of the countryside, the people and the pubs.

Of course I couldn't leave Scotland without getting in a round of golf and that was quite an experience too! I joked when I got home that if you got in one of the pot bunkers take your sand wedge and a lunch with you!

After about the first 5 holes I happened to catch up to an elder Scotsman and took him up on his offer to play together-great exposure to the famous Scottish burr and one of the most gracious gentlemen I've ever met.

I think you'll have a great time-best of luck!

02-Sep-14
My son has played music there several times and he said the people are just great.

04-Sep-14
Scots-Irish?! We're practically cousins NvaGvUp!!

There are far more beers in Scotland than Guinness...try anything by the Caledonian brewery...

I dont know if youll have time but get up in to the Highlands and the floe country, out to Ullapool; may be quicker to fly to Inverness and rent a car.

When in Edinburgh ['Auld Reekie'] you HAVE to start youtr your tour with a pint of 'Heavy'and a meat pie

04-Sep-14
Fish & chips meat pie and pints IIIIIIIIII!

05-Sep-14
Y' cannae whack it, y' ken?

• Sitka Gear