Bentstick81 03-Sep-14
Dogsoldier 04-Sep-14
HeadHunter® 04-Sep-14
01-Sep-14

01-Sep-14
Just common sense.

01-Sep-14
Agree 100%.

Nugent has been denigrated by the left, and some on the right but he is correct on the 2A and self defense.

Self defense is a right given by God, not man. It is a right not given by the Constitution, but simply acknowledged as fact by the Constitution.

And that is the truth, whether the liberals like it or not.

01-Sep-14
I disagree with the part about felons not allowed to carry as decreed by law which is man-made and not a God given law. Their lives are subject to self-defense as well. So It'll come down to common sense, a quicker draw and trigger control. Wild, wild West was a better times for all men and women. Equal protection as God meant it to be.

02-Sep-14
There are thing that I disagree with Ted on but the 2A ain't one of 'em.

He's dead on.

02-Sep-14
Agreed!

02-Sep-14
Soundly principled and well framed but poorly executed. JMO.

02-Sep-14
Owl.....maybe JYO, but that is much respected by many here, including me.

How was it poorly executed? It was pretty plain talk!

02-Sep-14
sundowner, The bombastic tone and language loses folks. Comes off as pubescent bravado. And I am a very sympathetic audience. Again, just my take on it but Ted can take me from ,"Amen, neighbor!" to "Oh, please just shut up." from one sentence to the next.

There is a reason why he is a favorite guest of leftist media outlets. And it's not because he is so effective at debate.

02-Sep-14
Owl I have to disagree with you on this one, he was plain talking and straight to the point! I agree repeat offender should be dead offenders!

02-Sep-14
Pat C. I get it and fully agree but he doesn't have to convince me.

02-Sep-14
Agree 100%

02-Sep-14
Owl, I don't totally agree with your assessment of Nugent, but I do see your point.

However, the other side of the argument has some loud, crass folks, and they are never called out by those who share their views.

I think we should leave Ted alone. Somebody on the right should be allowed to be a little crude in getting the point across. These days it might be the only way some people get the message.

02-Sep-14
Ted Nugent has MANY good ones, but this, IMO, is his best:

"I don't need a constitution, I don't need a Bill of Rights, I don't need a document of any type; I don't need an organization like the NRA, or Gun Owners of America, or The Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership; I don't need you. I don't need another human being to authorize me to defend myself. Or to explain what "Keep and Bear Arms" means.

"KEEP" means "It's mine, you can't have it."

BEAR means "Yes, I have it right here." Bear doesn't mean it's locked up in the safe, bear doesn't mean it's unloaded and disassembled, doesn't mean it's in my truck or has a padlock on it. Bear means "Yes I have it right here". I'M BEARING IT.

And "shall not be infringed" is a message to would-be tyrants, kings, emperors or slave drivers, who we left Europe to get away from to have an experiment in self government, where these pre-existing god-given rights are burned in the soul of every free man that has ever been born. And it starts and ends with my absolute irrefutable right to defend myself. And unless I am keeping and bearing arms, I am helpless.

They banned guns in Rwanda. They banned guns in Darfur. They banned guns in Somalia. They banned guns in Nuremberg in 1938, and then of course, people had no choice but to GET ON THE TRAINS."..............Ted Nugent

03-Sep-14
There is nothing that he said that I can possibly disagree with..believe me, I wanted to.

03-Sep-14
Agree with Ted 100%. America is too used to sugar coating things. Thats what i like about Ted. No sugar coating with him. If you ask Ted a question, he will give you the answer.

04-Sep-14
For the most part he is a great spokesman for the right to protect yourself and whether anyone supports it or not, EVERYONE AGREES that if they themselves are attacked then they have the right to self defense....NO ONE will disagree when they are the one being attacked...

04-Sep-14
Ted is all about "Ted" first and foremost...always! Never forget that!....but he does 'speak the truth' about guns and "We the People"!

• Sitka Gear