Dogsoldier 08-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 16-Oct-14
slade 16-Oct-14
BIGHORN 17-Oct-14
HA/KS 19-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 19-Oct-14
07-Oct-14

Mint's Link
Interesting and mirrors the people I use to know that used it on a daily basis.

07-Oct-14
From Mint's link:

Last night Professor Hall, a professor of addiction policy at King's College London, dismissed the views of those who say that cannabis is harmless.

‘If cannabis is not addictive then neither is heroin or alcohol,’ he said.

‘It is often harder to get people who are dependent on cannabis through withdrawal than for heroin – we just don't know how to do it.’

Those who try to stop taking cannabis often suffer anxiety, insomnia, appetite disturbance and depression, he found. Even after treatment, less than half can stay off the drug for six months.

The paper states that teenagers and young adults are now as likely to take cannabis as they are to smoke cigarettes.

Addiction: Those who try to stop taking cannabis often suffer anxiety, insomnia, appetite disturbance and depression, the study found. (File image)

Professor Hall writes that it is impossible to take a fatal overdose of cannabis, making it less dangerous at first glance than heroin or cocaine.

07-Oct-14
There have been several studies published of late that indicate that the real danger of marijuana is its effect on the still maturing brain. Data has shown numerous negatives WRT brain functions by users under 25...the time that the brain is still under growth and development.

These papers have been mostly ignored by the popular media for obvious reasons.

08-Oct-14
"‘It is often harder to get people who are dependent on cannabis through withdrawal than for heroin – we just don't know how to do it.’"

LOL...BS!

I gave pot up 18 years ago with no issues. Don't miss it. ANY cig smoker will tell you that even after years of quitting they still have cravings now and then.

Cigarettes ARE just as addictive as heroin.

BUT AGAIN!....NO one is claiming mj is harmless....Only that the failed drug war BY FAR does more harm then good and its got to go.

Drug addiction is a healthcare and education problem NOT a criminal justice problem.

16-Oct-14
From the Department of Unintended Consequences?

Curious Alice Is 1971's Tripped-Out Version of Lewis Carroll's Classic

In 1971, the National Institute of Mental Health released a short film that was intended to dissuade kids from trying drugs. But if there was ever an anti-drug movie that made kids want to try drugs, this is it.

Titled "Curious Alice," the film was a take-off on the Lewis Carroll stories of Alice in Wonderland and the 1951 Disney film, of course. Viewers follow a young girl who starts tripping balls and proclaims, "It's weird! Everything's different! Even me!" punctuated with plenty of exclamations like "wow!"

Curious Alice talks to all kinds of woodland creatures and plants, few of which acknowledge her existence, causing her to have an existential crisis about whether she's "really here." She's super duper high and isn't quite sure who she is. Her trip starts to really turn dark, but there doesn't appear to be anything really threatening Curious Alice because she continues to remind herself that nothing she's experiencing is real.

So, yeah, overall Curious Alice sounds like she's had a pretty good time. Aside from that part where she maybe possibly got addicted to heroin and walked into a room full of junkies (which, mind you, are still depicted as imaginary characters). So don't do drugs kids. Or else you'll wind up like Curious Alice and have lots of fun and meet all kinds of cool characters and feel really good.

16-Oct-14

17-Oct-14
I had a guy that worked for me and just turned 65. He stated to my wife and me that while living in Boulder, CO when he was young that he used to do a lot of drugs.

Now he states that he thinks that he hurt his brain while doing all the drugs. I said to him, "you think?" I use to review his work and it definitely was substandard.

19-Oct-14

HA/KS's Link
From the link:

The station reported that the Denver PD Facebook page features Patrick Johnson, owner of marijuana shop Urban Dispensary. In the film, Johnson urges parents to inspect any candy their children bring home after trick-or-treating on Halloween to make sure it hasn't been tampered with.

According to Children's Hospital Colorado, accidental exposures of marijuana products to children in Colorado have increased in the past three years, based on the rate of emergency department visits and admissions at the hospital

“Since 2005, states that allow some form of legal marijuana have seen a 30 percent annual increase in calls to poison control centers for marijuana ingestion, relative to a 1 percent increase in non-legal states,” the hospital states on its website.

19-Oct-14
Further evidence: President Choom ;o)

• Sitka Gear