Beendare 15-Oct-14
TD 15-Oct-14
Bowfreak 15-Oct-14
TD 16-Oct-14
Bluetick 16-Oct-14
Beendare 16-Oct-14
HA/KS 18-Oct-14
14-Oct-14
This is a big deal. Lose world currency status...and our lives change.

People don't really understand how important to our lifestyles and way of life the dollar as world currency is....put it this way, the US wouldn't have been able to print trillions to backstop our economy over the last many years. Our politicians are getting a free ride now-playing russian roulette with all of the good will the US has built over the last 50 years but if they abuse it- all bet are off.

15-Oct-14
Disagree, the glass IS still half full.

An educated voter public that says to politicians; WE AREN'T GOING TO STAND FOR THIS ANYMORE

My take; Only give these politicians one term- 2 max

vote out all of the old dead wood

vote fiscally conservative as your #1 criteria- "what will they do with your money?" spend it wisely or fritter it away

delete the divisive leaders- time for our country to come together instead of fighting amongst ourselves. time for a 'we are all americans' campaign..and we are going to look out for americans first

elect positive experienced business folks that aren't in it to feather their own nests; plenty of self made millionaires that are trying to give back and have the know how to reform our big mess. Initiate laws like 'no insider trading' by our gov officials [which they nixed last year]

develop a National energy policy DEVELOPED BY EXPERTS.... not by the Sierra Club or special interest lobbyists

15-Oct-14
x2 Bruce.

From what I see the biggest hurdle is in the first line "An educated voter public". American Idol coming soon I think....

I don't know if it's a media that refuse to actually investigate and print out the facts or if why they really don't is they have found the public tunes it out at the first mention so the News orgs become what the public wants to hear..... People Magazine....

15-Oct-14
I like the platform Beendare. Why can't we find a majority of people to send to Washington who agree with at least a little bit of what you have posted?

16-Oct-14
I'd vote for Bruce every day of the week and twice on Sunday. A sound plan most I would think would have to agree with. But judging from the last election...

"WE AREN'T GOING TO STAND FOR THIS ANYMORE" is solidly up against:

"Where's my free healthcare, increase in foodstamps and HUD payments?"

They even get a free bus to pick them up, give them some cigarettes or candy bars and drive them to the polls. Not like the work schedule is all jammed up or anything and it breaks up the monotony, long as they can fit it into the tv schedule.....

16-Oct-14
Right after WWII we had England over a barrel; they had borrowed heavily from us and needed some slack in the terms of credit. So we forced them to cede reserve currency to us. From that point on the dollar, and not the pound sterling was the world's reserve currency. The country that has that status has what's called sovereigncy. It means we get to keep the difference between cost of producing currency and the face value. Since we're off the gold standard and it costs very little to print money, this is basically a gravy train for the treasury. Trust me, we'd rather not cede that to Renminbis or Rubles.

16-Oct-14
To your point TD- I would agree- what we need is a sea change of ATTITUDE in this country. Too much "its my RIGHT to have [insert here]" which is all a function of the democrats in power right now.

I think its why most of us that see the fallacy of this liberal thinking are so agitated. We know historically the record of this type of thinking [anyone in the current WH administration remember the Berlin wall?]

I've been a business owner too long to get involved in public office- i don't have the patience.

I do , as probably many of you do, spend a fair amount of my time trying to game these idiot politicians to stay ahead...thankfully, its worked so far and I think a smart guy can continue to capitalize if he works on it.

18-Oct-14
"delete the divisive leaders- time for our country to come together instead of fighting amongst ourselves"

That has been happening - one reason many say that there is really only one party in America. "Can't we all just get along" "Give peace a chance" "Coexist"

I think that we have too few leaders who stand on principle and refuse to budge. (coming from the "Ron Paul has some great ideas, but is a nut case" guy) How can that happen without being another RP? I don't know.

To me Bush's greatest failure was too much getting along and not enough dividing himself from Washington.

• Sitka Gear