RK 16-Oct-14
HA/KS 16-Oct-14
slade 16-Oct-14
HA/KS 16-Oct-14
slade 17-Oct-14
slade 17-Oct-14
14-Oct-14

HA/KS's Link
I have vehemently disagreed with the election strategies advocated by many on this site.

From the link:

Tom Steyer's dark money special interest group, NextGen Climate, knows Democrats can't win this election on the issues this year—especially not on Steyer’s radical anti-energy agenda. So they have a new plan: suppress the Republican vote.

In a September memo to their state teams, NextGen lays out a plan to “degrade Republican performance” by “dampening Republican enthusiasm levels.” By spreading misinformation about Republican candidates, they're hoping to divide our party in a last-ditch attempt to save theirs. It's their last hope to force their far-left agenda on America.

15-Oct-14
"By spreading misinformation about Republican candidates..."

WOW, what a revelation in election strategy. In many cases they'll benefit more by spreading the truth about republicans.

15-Oct-14
"by directly electing a progressive from the Republican ranks"

You are repeating the message propagated by the leftists. They know they cannot win by differentiating themselves from republicans, so they convince voters that both sides are alike. It is the same untrue message that you continue to spread on this site. No matter how many times you say it, it is still not true.

15-Oct-14
SB, unless the Republicans have veto proof majorities in both houses, any bill repealing Obamacare will be vetoed. You should know that. Hence, you will only get baby steps until the makeup of both houses and the White House changes. That's the nature of checks and balances.

If the Republicans get a supermajority, like 2008-2010, and throw it away, you have an argument. Until then, you're just dead wrong.

15-Oct-14
Elkhuntr beat me too it: "By spreading misinformation about Republican candidates, they're hoping to divide our party in a last-ditch attempt to save theirs"

What political add on TV/radio by either party doesn't fit this description?

Someone has to invent a TV device that can detect political ads and mute them. (Maybe that is my $86 million idea?)

15-Oct-14
I was against voting before I was for voting while against voting.

15-Oct-14
Divide and conquer for centuries has been a winning strategy....

from my perspective, the Republican party hasn't given me much to cheer about [though I'm a big Tom Coburn fan]

15-Oct-14
"You are repeating the message propagated by the leftists."

Spike, HA is referring to Boner and McConnell when they speak publicly about their desire to defeat and squash the conservative opponents.

What is dampening republican enthusiasm is republicans, not some leftwing nut job.

the republicans could win both houses AND the white house, the ACA or Bushcare will not be repealed.

15-Oct-14
I have never argued that the current republican party leadership is as conservative as I would like. My point is that as conservatives we can either work with them, or be left entirely out of the conversation.

Libertarians who lean conservative have the same problem. Libertarianism is no way to get elected in the US. They can either work with the dems or the reps or be left out of the conversation.

16-Oct-14
Spike, your "massive third party" has neither a cohesive agenda nor an organization and thus cannot be effective.

16-Oct-14
As Ben Franklin said, "We must stand together, or we will most certainly hang separately."

16-Oct-14
Why vote when you can have more fun coming here to bitch about elected officials!

To all you conservatives who decide not to vote,THANK YOU!!!! We really appreciate it! DNC

16-Oct-14
Spike, if all of the "fed up people" were fed up about the same things it might work. A percent of them are fed up with too much regulation, some with too high taxes, some with "welfare cuts," some with a "do nothing" congress, some with the war on drugs, some with the open border, some with too restrictive election laws, some with capitalism, some with big oil, some with big banks, some with the EPA (because it is either too restrictive or too lenient). Some are fed up because the CDC hasn't prevented ebola, others because the CDE invented ebola. Some want to do away with the CDC.

If a majority of people agreed with you, it would already be happening.

16-Oct-14
A Dem shills work is never done.

16-Oct-14
Spade x2

16-Oct-14
"I happen to agree with Spike on a lot of his points made," So do I, tru.

16-Oct-14
Deleted per trubs delete

16-Oct-14
"I resent anybody who thinks they are unequivocally right, and anyone who disagrees with them is dumb."

I thought we were friends!

17-Oct-14
Trub,

In case I came across wrong, I agree 110% with what you posted and I would have left it up, it needed to be said and discussed. One only has so many cheeks.

17-Oct-14
Trub,

Keep it up and he will claim you are like me and not a Good American.:)

• Sitka Gear