one shot 17-Oct-14
sundowner 17-Oct-14
TD 17-Oct-14
HA/KS 18-Oct-14
Shuteye 18-Oct-14
HA/KS 19-Oct-14
bad karma 19-Oct-14
17-Oct-14
yea I don't like Rove. he is as bad political advisor. When he had opportunities to back dems in a corner or help the GOP conservative wing, he did not do so. He is a rep progressive of the highest degree and therefore not one I would like leading the Rep party.

17-Oct-14
I'd like to hear the answer to that one, Spike.

I am not a fan of Rove either, but I can't see him going against Bush by covering up the discovery of WMD in Iraq.

Makes no sense.

17-Oct-14
I agree makes no sense.

The alleged reasoning was they were battered hard by the MSM and lost the WMD argument already, it was best not to bring the subject back up.

But I'd have to see more info this was his idea. No love for Rove, but he was just one adviser.

Could be they were trying to keep the insurgents from knowing there was more of it out there. Hard to say.

It's one of those "once you let the genie out you can't get it back in the bottle" things that just kept the cork in the bottle....

The MSM didn't care if they found any anyway. Had info there were truckloads of arms and other equipment shuttled off to Syria as well, MSM ignored all that as well. They had their "Bush lied" story already cued up and weren't going to drop it for anything.

18-Oct-14
There is something really weird about this story. It doesn't make sense on so many levels. For one, Rove could not keep a secret this big from getting out. Where are the troops that found them, for example?

My guess is that this information did come out at the time, but the media and country by that time had turned against Bush and the war, so it did not get any traction. A little misinformation and suddenly it was just another example of "bush lied, people died."

The extensive network of conservative websites, blogs, etc. were not in place like they are now.

18-Oct-14
Dana Perino said George Bush knew about the weapons and decided not to announce it. She said those were old weapons and what he was interested in was something else that they were developing.

19-Oct-14

HA/KS's Link
From the link:

“When we began searching, we discovered a huge stockpile of 105-millimeter artillery shells that were filled with mustard gas,” Fanning told FoxNews.com. “I have always wondered why it never became big news, as well as other incidents. I never doubted the existence of chemical and biological weapons in Iraq.”

19-Oct-14
Wow. It apparently takes no proof for some of you to believe things. This article has nothing in it, except speculation, and one little quote attributed to Rick Santorum. I'm sorry, but I need more than that to buy the story.

• Sitka Gear