RK 21-Oct-14
Rocky 21-Oct-14
RK 22-Oct-14
Pat C. 22-Oct-14
SB 23-Oct-14
Pat C. 23-Oct-14
Shuteye 24-Oct-14
17-Oct-14
They will only 'take' your guns IF you let them! If 'everyone' stood their ground and "refused" then politicians would know the war is coming and they are the target!

I pity the day UN or congress and law enforcement and military 'tries' or attempts this act .... oh some will comply, the ones that have no balls, but many will fight till death to protect All of Our Rights!

God given rights are a wonderful thing! .... do not surrender!

17-Oct-14
Like Americans will do anything about it. Heck, I bet the Americans right here on Bowsite won't remember it when the NRA tells them Harry Reid is a friend of the 2A, and decides not to endorse anyone against him!

I re-upped with the NRA a while back, so I keep getting phone calls from them. A couple of days ago, they called for support of some kind. I stopped the young lady, and told her to please not call me unless and until Reid has the F rating he deserves from the NRA, and the NRA financially supports his opponent in the next election.

17-Oct-14
I do not doubt that many of our so called leaders would love to take our 2A rights away from us but in this case with UN Resolution 2117 the OP is just wrong.

You can go to Snopes to check it out or you can go to www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/ and read it for yourself.

The preamble to the resolution "reaffirms the sovereign right of any state to regulate and control conventional arms exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or constitutional system"

We have enough real issues without stirring the pot with nonsense.

Along the same lines I did see 10 UN painted trucks today at the Port of Corpus Christi. They were Toyota Tundras Built and Painted in San Antonio and were being shipped overseas. But We could change that story and make it sound like the UN is setting up shop in MY backyard !! Yikes

17-Oct-14
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

17-Oct-14
Trick me once, shame on you, trick me twice, shame on me. Obama has already tricked millions twice.

17-Oct-14
So Matt, are you saying that we should pass that Bill so we can know what's in it?

17-Oct-14
Sayeth the king of cut and paste...

18-Oct-14
PLEASE; we have to get Reid out of the senate seat or this crap could expand in the next two years.

18-Oct-14
Dave, you are 100% correct.

18-Oct-14
Nobody is going to fight to the death no matter what they take from you. You that and I know that. Most importantly the government knows that. They are going to keep taking and running our lives as they seem fit.

The Rock

18-Oct-14
The vote wasn't that close, it takes 67 votes in the Senate to pass a treaty. Treaties, resolutions do not trump the Constitution, that's the law.

18-Oct-14
Wanna bet no one will fight to the death to keep thier freedom? I did 3 tours of 'Nam... I'm getting old and more pissed off! Don't even try me....I have nothing to lose at this point!

19-Oct-14
If you try to take my guns, You will be shot or hung for treason! No If ands or but about it!

19-Oct-14
SB, Pat C.,

Relax and be ready because OUR guns will be muted as if the are plugged. So yes you may right that they will NEVER take your guns because that will not be necessary when YOUR guns will be made useless.

BTW... who would you shoot in the event someone would come to take your weapons? An innocent man or woman with a family and children simply doing the job the federal government employs them to do?

SB, I applaud your service and sacrifice for our country and Vietnam is especially close in my heart for many personal reasons. That said it is OUR country not just yours or mine. I do not have to explain that to you of all people who suffered what many may not know. Let it go Bro....

The Rock

19-Oct-14
Fact is these senators voted to add yet another layer or legislation regarding firearms via legislation created and enforced by non-US officials that would effect and apply to US citizens and companies.

We regulate our own, by our own. First reaction about anything UN, they can go pound sand.... pretty much about anything.

Such a dishonest administration..... they themselves instrumental in criminals smuggling illegal arms to foreign countries.... just ask Obama or Holder.... but they won't answer even under court order.

19-Oct-14
Spike,

The same applies to you and everyone else who thinks they will play John Wayne if that day should ever come God forbid.

Correct me if I am wrong. You will shoot and kill any agent of the US if the amendment was changed or altered by a vote through Congress to our rights concerning guns if they so requested.

How many others here would honestly not only make that claim but carry it through?

I am supremely disappointed if being a conservative follows these actions. How many times have I been told that this is the greatest nation on earth when I claim that we are led by a lying cheating thieving government. How many times have people said if you do not like it here than leave when someone complains about the injustices being meted out by the federal government on its PEOPLE. I do not see anyone protesting or marching or killing anyone when Obama spits on the Constitution....but if he should spit on that part of the constitution you would react with deadly force.

Truth be told and not some hero fantasy trip but you will do as you are told. Period. What body of work can anyone show me in which you were involved to change the dynamics of this nation except your gold standard " vote for change". You have been voting. What was changed? Nothing. The same defense you will put up when and if they muzzle our guns. Nothing but "those bastards". That is a far cry from being a killer. Don't you think.

You see I am not going to agree just to make people happy and make friends and that they may have an ally if our weapons are dampened. I want people to know that I will not agree with that prospect and I will protest to the high heavens but I am not going to kill my own countrymen who may very well be in agreement with me but have no choice. That is pure lunacy and if you should you will be an island amongst yourselves.

The Rock

THe Rock

19-Oct-14
Rock,if you think there would not be real physical resistance you are the one delusional. You seem to think the only resistance would be barricade yourself in and have a standoff with authorities. I agree that would not work.

But there will be a great number of people, including many within your "authorities", who would actively work for overthrow. Organized and "active". Others will have to make up their mind who they will stand with. It would be war. Civil war.

Because at that point, when the peoples rights are stripped away... it will no longer be a free country. Freedom is something that people fought and dies for throughout this countries history. They did so for the people, not the government.

19-Oct-14
TD,

I do not know where you came up with the idea that I would even think barricading yourself in would be the way to approach this situation.

Actively work to overthrow what? Our government? More than half the people in this country are anti gun. Did you know that or did you think the whole country would be behind you in this civil war of yours.

The people in this country can't even stop illegals from crossing a creek and invading our borders destroying our economy. The people in this country can't stop ebola from entering this country and placing our children and people at risk of death. The people in this country don't have intestinal fortitude to refuse a health care bill that is decimating millions. That's right its the people because if the people would stand up they would have stood up for these social destructors which are killing our families quicker than any gun could. No, so I am to believe that if the government takes our guns I am to rely on the same people who took a shearing on everything else but will kill to save their gun rights? What about are children's lives and our lives as previously stated? This one thread has shined the light on the problem in this country. Everybody is all TALK including myself and the government knows it. When the time comes to put your life on the line it will not be for the want of guns believe me. It will be because we have no other choice. Don't kid yourself or anyone else with that brave "frozen fingers" BS. That may sound good over a beer but it will go over like a lead balloon trying to organize your "civil war".

This government could have us hunting with a pitchfork in 2 weeks and there is not a damned thing you could do about it. The truth hurts I know and it does hurt because I am as helpless as you are and just as responsible for this mess and empowerment of government we created. While we were living the American dream and pissing away our future the American nightmare was born not to be a dream but REALITY.

Now...now we talk of a civil war....hmmmm.

The Rock

20-Oct-14
One is either a 'servant' or one is FREE! I'd rather die than be a servant!! Freedom is everything and it is worth fighting and dieing for!

"TD" and "Spike Bull" "Pat C" and "SB" are totally right! There are many true Americans that will do what they have to do to protect their rights .... never doubt that. And they will have the backs of those that are 'like minded' .... but NOT the backs of "the sheep"!

The UN needs removed from American soil and America needs to adhere to The U.S.Constitution as The Law of the Land!

20-Oct-14
Spike,

How can anyone doubt your last post. I of course do not doubt it for one second you know that.

Headhunter,

Then for all intents and purposes living under this regime you best pick out your coffin because all you are at best IS a servant even to those you pay to serve you.

Outside of your own family and your God NOTHING is worth dying for let alone this administration. Dying is a one way street and you never will know freedom or servitude as put it again.

"The UN needs removed from American soil and America needs to adhere to The U.S.Constitution as The Law of the Land!"

Neither , the former or later will ever occur because it never has. America has NEVER adhered strictly to the constitution and give it lip service when deemed advantageous to themselves.

Go ahead and be a hero for something many will be with you on in spirit and cheering you on, myself included, and noticeably no where to be found when the bell rings. I will read about you in the papers about as much as I read about the million man march. Another well organized "we won't take it anymore" debacle. Where are, or better yet who, were the million. No one even knows one name. Like it never happened. Think about it. You will be dead your family left behind and all your friends of the "cause" will be working 9-5 just as they did before the big push to "freedom" which you never really had in the first place.

The only difference is you will be in the bone orchard holding granite...if you are lucky. America will go on without you and never miss a beat with their new Iphone7. Sad but true. You see most agree with me but just like your heroic act you will never know it. Mortality sucks because it can humble the bravest of the brave.

The Rock

21-Oct-14
So, you'd rather live as a 'servant' ?? .... Life without RIGHTS and FREEDOM isn't worth living and I stand or die by that! ..... that's just the way it is sir! Eternity is forever and we are just here a very brief time in eternity anyway..... we are all just 'passing through' ..... I guess I as many others are non-conformist when it comes to being 'servants'! But "MOST" are and will be used and abused because that is what they think is important in their own personal life. Surrender isn't in my vocabulary.

And life will go on ...for those that relinquish their rights and morals .... but at what cost? (jmho)

21-Oct-14
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

21-Oct-14
When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty.

21-Oct-14
only an idiot would believe that there could be gun confiscation. They day they decide to do that there will be the biggest rash of unexplained robberies in the history of the world.

21-Oct-14
Allow me to ask a question of everyone here question. Is there any other right that you have that you would also die for besides gun ownership?

You see it is easy to say "I would do this" or "I would do that" until the time comes to do it.

This government has pissed all over your "rights" and you know it and you have not done a damned thing but continue to vote in these fractured minds.

Now... the 64,000.00 question. Why in the hell are you still here and not dead if your "rights" are so deadly dear to your hearts.

The government does this and the government does that and our constitutional rights are being trampled and our children are being indoctrinated is all I hear but that's OK huh?

A little clue for the clueless. Government "agents" directly or indirectly run your lives everyday and you remain mum.

I was led to believe that most people here were about the discontent of American politics and the injustices that abound. The think tank to make this country better.

Well I am impressed how to change things if they should occur according to your strategy.

How the fuq could you say you could care less about making a child fatherless by your own hand because of your "rights". You may live to regret those weak cheap hollow words and I would not piss on any man who would utter those words if they were on fire.

What you hold so dear don't mean $hit in the grand scheme. One child, one child is worth every gun known to man and you would use that gun against that child. Look at your children and grandchildren. What would you do to the person who would harm in this manner? Any man who would think less is less than a man. Those of you who follow this thread and do not chime in are just as guilty.

The Rock

21-Oct-14
Isn't voting to take away our rights an act of treason?

21-Oct-14
Rocky

I thought Spike solved this issue for you by answering the 22nd post on this topic made by you. He was clear in explaining to you that no one is killing our law enforcement officers but rather the New World Order agents from other countries, which you were ok with after he explained it to you.

Rock this is an Internet chat room not a think tank

You are taking what is said here way to seriously.

Try to relax and enjoy this for what it is. Your blood pressure will thank you

21-Oct-14
Pat C.

Our rights have been chipped away for way too long. You still vote don't you.

RK,

You are correct. I thought maybe someone could think a little deeper to right this malfunctioning country we call the USA. I was obviously wishing too hard.

I lose control on many topics that are close to me but none closer than children. When a man speaks of children nothing but smiles should follow his comments. That is what I live by and wish for all children passionately much like most here I believe.

I have outlived my usefulness here and I am fine with that. I know who I am and what I believe and saying the same things over and over again becomes stale and that of all things is not needed nor helpful. Our politicians have the corner on that.

I have been exposed to many great threads and wish I could say friends but that would be less than truthful because that is another area which I hold sacred for a proven select few. Many here have had a positive impact me on the way I see things, now, from a slightly different angle. That is good because I did not waste what I believe to be our most serious and treasured gift that being time.

I sincerely wish only the best for all here, that your children will surpass your wildest dreams and I pray all to come is well for your families. In the end what else is there?

May the wind forever be at your back save of course when hunting.

The Rock

22-Oct-14
Rocky

I agree with Hackbow, well said

Leave if you want but I would suggest another approach. Hang around and read more than you post

This is a great place where you can get some great information and some different perspectives on various things. But you cannot take things posted here on face value alone. You have to vet many posts and follow up on the rest of the story.

There are some really great guys on here that are really smart. You will figure out who they are in your vetting process.

Through the years I have met some really great guys and had lots of them come hunt with me. Great guys all.

Just because you posted your swan song does not mean you cannot come back. Just adjust your perspective a little

Good luck no matter what you decide

22-Oct-14
Our rights have been chipped away for way too long. You still vote don't you. I didn't vote for any of them! But they voted to take my rights away and go against the Constitution and that is treason!

23-Oct-14
Anybody ever read anything about the Rebolutionary war? The rag-tag militias and the true patriots were given a snowballs chance in hell of winning a war with Britains superior and "well trained" army. So ... how did that work out for them?

23-Oct-14
I still say that any senator or congressman that votes to give our sovereignty to the UN should be charged with treason!

24-Oct-14
Yeah Spike but when you up to your ass in alligators is a bad time to remember your original objective was to drain the swamp.

• Sitka Gear