Rocky 19-Oct-14
Beendare 19-Oct-14
Lucas 19-Oct-14
HA/KS 19-Oct-14
Lucas 19-Oct-14
HA/KS 19-Oct-14
18-Oct-14

HA/KS's Link
I taught in the district for 24 years. Good place, good people.

18-Oct-14
HA/KS

You definitely learn a lot in small schools, maybe not everything that you would in a larger school but you still learn.

There were about 150 in the little country town that I grew up in and there were 7 in my graduating class. I have to say that I didn't get a very good education in math but that said, I worked at a CPA firm for 7 1/2 years, 11 years in Data Processing and was the DP manager, 14 years in procurement and had my own group of buyers and 6 1/2 years in Budgeting and Scheduling.

Anyone can succeed if they want to work hard and try to learn everything thing they are exposed to. I know that I probably upset a few people from time to time because I was always asking questions. What I found out was that not everyone knew what they were doing. When I found the answers I was looking for I would go back and teach the people that didn't know.

Frankly, I think that I would have made a very good teacher but that is all in the past now. Thanks for staying with the smaller communities.

19-Oct-14
BIGHORN, I now work with intellectually gifted students. Some teachers are actually scared of these kids because they have the mistaken notion that you have to prove that the teacher is smarter than the student.

The teacher has to know more than the student, but not necessarily about everything. I have kids in 4th or 5th grade that can do things I never could do!

I consider it a privilege to work with these kids rather than something to fear.

19-Oct-14
Teach what you know that can benefit but not everything you now. Believe this or not some things are not intended for fresh minds no matter their intellectual capabilities at such younger ages. They will come to know all that you do in good time.

The Rock

19-Oct-14
"Its a homogenous white district" ......what a rarity.

My wifes best friend teaches middle school math in Oakland, Ca in the SF Bay area and she teaches classes where almost all are english as a second language....and one class had something like 15 of the students spoke different languages/dialects. Talk about challenging...

19-Oct-14
Were you there before Jeff Travis?

19-Oct-14
Yes, Lucas.

19-Oct-14
I taught at two schools in your league.

19-Oct-14
Pike Trail?

• Sitka Gear