Huntcell 19-Oct-14
Woods Walker 19-Oct-14
BlueDog 20-Oct-14
MT in MO 20-Oct-14
BlueDog 20-Oct-14
MT in MO 20-Oct-14
bad karma 20-Oct-14
18-Oct-14
it would take a lot to convince me that Obola entering the US was not premeditated.

19-Oct-14
Can you imagine if Ebola gets into Mexico? We are already kept uninformed about all the disease that they are bringing across the border. Friday I was talking to my doctors office manager. Her niece is a head of some branch of the federal government dealing with Pharmacueticals. She said the public is not being informed on everything that's going on with Ebola. The niece said she hears some very disturbing information on the disease. I asked how in the world health care workers contracted ebola with all the porotection they are wearing. Exposed skin on the back of there necks. Well that blows what we are being told out if the water!

19-Oct-14
Tin foil hat speculation?, but is this the avenue for Obummers third term ?

In two years Ebola is a pandemic it's to big a crises to change the Supreme LEADER in midstream of a crises to good to waste

Viola!!! Our peace prize savior will sacrifice and stay on "for the sake of humanity"

Hail the King He can do no wrong Just ask him! You read it first on Bowsite

Godd... Obummer

19-Oct-14
With this administration the most important thing you can do is listen to what they are saying than then assume that the EXACT OPPOSITE is true.

20-Oct-14

BlueDog's Link
Health related issue....

Get your flu shots.. (gotta remember to do it myself one of these days)...............

U.S. Deaths... FLU

"Deaths from Flu

Even in a non-pandemic year, a lot of people die from the flu, usually because of secondary complications, such as pneumonia or complications of chronic medical problems.

Most people are aware of the 36,000 yearly flu deaths estimate that many experts use. This was an average number of flu deaths that experts found during the 1990s.

An estimate that uses a much longer time frame, including more recent flu seasons, from 1976 to 2007, has found an average of 23,607 deaths.

There is a lot of variability from year to year, though, with a low of 3,349 deaths during the 1986-87 flu season to a high of 48,614 in 2003-04, which was considered a severe flu season."

20-Oct-14
Well, if I am understanding the logic of comparing deaths by the flu and deaths by ebola, we shouldn't worry about ebola because it hasn't killed enough Americans yet? or, is that we shouldn't worry about it until it has become as common as the flu?

I have heard numbers of anywhere from 50-70% death rate from Ebola...What are the rates of death from the flu?

Why do you guys want ebola to be as common as the flu?

20-Oct-14
MT... you're not understanding .... I posted deaths by flu simply for perspective. I did not say ebola was nothing to worry about.

Ebola should be taken very seriously. How in hell do you figure anybody wants "ebola to be as common as the flu?"

20-Oct-14
Just trying to follow the logic/arguments, but apparently there wasn't any...Don't understand people who try to change the subject with 'perspectives'...The subject before your post and whatshisname had to do with the powers that be bringing Ebola into the country on purpose. The posts that followed those posts seemed to be saying there was no worry even if that were the case...tinfoil hat stuff...I guess logic would point to your post saying bringing ebola into the country, just a little bit, is not a problem because the flu has killed lots more...like I said, just trying to follow the logic...

20-Oct-14
The death rate from the flu is about one quarter of one percent. Pretty low, but a lot more common.

The problem I have is that the flu viruses often originate in mainland China, and spread rapidly....by air travel. Nobody wants ebola to be as prevalent as the flu but we aren't doing much to prevent that. And worse, it appears we're doing a lot that looks like the government is more interested in protecting West Africa than the US.

I don't see the feds caring except that they are worried it may hurt the Democrats in the November elections.

• Sitka Gear