HA/KS 18-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 18-Oct-14
TD 18-Oct-14
HA/KS 18-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 18-Oct-14
HA/KS 18-Oct-14
18-Oct-14

HA/KS's Link
This is another story that just does not make sense.

Supposedly a Tea Party group ran ads against a republican candidate because he worked for a law firm that processed foreclosures. When did the TEA party become anti-business? I thought they were toward the libertarian end of the republican spectrum.

A person takes a mortgage, promises to make the payments, and agrees to give up the property if they do not. Isn't that a straight-forward capitalist business transaction?

I know nothing about any of these candidates. They may none or all be conservative. It just seems weird that a true TEA party group would oppose a legal business.

BTW, what was the big beef against the incumbent republican? He dresses like Santa for children's parties.

From the link:

Lawyer and businessman Dave Trott trounced incumbent Rep. Kerry Bentivolio in the (republican) party August primary, but not before a Tea Party group labeled him a “foreclosure king.”

Democratic nominee Bobby McKenzie, a former State Department counter-terrorism analyst, has seized on the attack line and is now essentially tied with Trott, according to an internal campaign poll by San Francisco-based Tulchin Research.

18-Oct-14
Henry...think it may go to the fact that the NDCP's preference to the establishment faction of the party over those who would love to vote for a candidate/philosophy than against the opposition. Note: this ad came out during the primary when the NDCP was putting all their eggs/money into their challenger to Benivito.

The NDCP put all its money and effort to replace the incumbent Benivito with one of their own. If I were in that district, I would again be put into the position of voting for a lesser weasel.

Sadly, the Republican Party cannot see ahead. In 2016 (no matter if they win the Senate)the party will be in the same position as the Dems are this year: having to defend more seats in the Senate and facing loss of their short lived majority.

18-Oct-14
"Foreclosure" puts a picture in the mind of the bad greedy rich guy kicking the nearly naked wife and husband with two little kids and a baby into the snowy street...

Just the way it is. Most know the facts. But few can get by the mental image.

Another thing.... there are many "tea parties". And all of them run by humans, who many by their nature have a win at all costs mentality.

It's one of the problems I have with those who want that third party.... as if a third party would be immune to the pressures and culture that real world politics are. As if they would not slide down into the same greedy cronyism and "do whatever it takes to obtain and stay in power" pit as every other party has done. Human nature.

18-Oct-14
Mouse, if the candidate is bad, say so, but don't run against him because he is a capitalist. Like I said, I don't know anything about the candidates, but if they really adhere to the TEA philosophy as it came to power, they should not use the fact that a candidate was in business to stir the people against him.

18-Oct-14
I didn't say he was "bad". He is a NDCP type.

Trott was selected and funded by the NDCP to run against the incumbent Benivito...

Why was it necessary for the party to primary one of its own in a safe district with a candidate that really has nothing more special to offer than the incumbent? At least Benivito would have more seniority than Trott in the next Congress.

The primary campaign turned nasty as the GOP funded and selected replacement campaigned against the incumbent Benivito in a "safe" district...mainly as Benivito espoused and voted with the conservatives in the House and did not "heel" to Boehner's dem-lite policies. The establishment GOP does not want to have more conservative voices in the House.

The Democrats are taking the foreclosure issue from the primary campaign between Trott and Benivito.

I wish the GOP would give the same sort of financial and campaign support to Terri Land who is running for the open Senate seat being vacated by Carl Lenin (D) that they have for Trott. However, that is not the case. They are bailing in spite that her opponent was part of the Grandholm administration and has a record of being in lock-step with the Obamunists when it comes to immigration, 2A, Obamacare, etc.

I truly believe that the NDCP would rather loose than allow the party to adopt more conservative views.

I'm not real happy with the NDCP replacement for my retiring rep, but sadly will continue to vote the lesser weasel. At least we will have an election...

18-Oct-14
So, mouse, again, why did the TEA party not oppose him (in the primary) on that basis instead of on the basis that he worked in a legal business?

That is the part that I do not understand.

• Sitka Gear