HA/KS 19-Oct-14
bad karma 19-Oct-14
ar troy 19-Oct-14
NvaGvUp 19-Oct-14
Mike in CT 19-Oct-14
Rocky 19-Oct-14
Owl 19-Oct-14
18-Oct-14
Well, it has been one week since I came home from the hospital for my 6 level fusion. 13 days from the operation date.

It looked like an awesome task to me to say the least. Now, I am off all pain killer pills, don't need an oxygen tank assistance and I walk at least a mile per day. I still need help tying my shoes but that is all. Still have to do the BLT's (no bending, lifting or twisting). The only thing that bothers me is the itching of the stitches. Should get those out in 8 days.

When I said that you have to be "mean as hell", I didn't mean it the way it came out. I am not a mean person but one that can put up with just about anything. I sure hope that this is my last surgery that I have to undertake. Maybe all the good thoughts and prayers from you guys really did help.

18-Oct-14
Great to hear it. You're over the worst if it for sure. It's amazing what our bodies can adapt to. Having all that hardware in there and the body just heals over it.

19-Oct-14
Great update!!!!

19-Oct-14
Sweet. Healing problems, but not the intense, debilitating pain you had in the past. Great news!

19-Oct-14
Sounds like great news!

19-Oct-14
Great news, Merle! Here's hoping this one does the trick permanently.

19-Oct-14
Merle,

This is great news and thanks for sharing. Knowing the passion we all share for the outdoors and bowhunting you've been in my thoughts and prayers since first posting about the surgery and especially the extent of it.

Keep up the great work and know that we're all in your corner!

19-Oct-14
You are tough not mean and that is what it takes. Obviously you have what it takes and are on your way back to full recovery. Very good news indeed.

Good Luck, Gods speed

The Rock

19-Oct-14
Good for you. Hope all continues to improve BIGHORN.

• Sitka Gear