A nice read
Community
Contributors to this thread:
HA/KS 19-Oct-14
Rocky 19-Oct-14
Beendare 19-Oct-14
19-Oct-14

HA/KS's Link
I like this take. Bandwagon fans have long been a pet peeve for me, but this article puts an interesting spin on the Royals phenomenon.

From the link:

Last weekend while I was on a trip to Las Vegas, I felt it. Wearing Royals gear while walking though the lobby of the MGM Grand, some random dude shouted “The whole country is rooting for you guys!” Another man shouted something similar on The Strip a few minutes later. It happened again at the airport. A TSA agent noticed my Royals cap. He said he was rooting for KC.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because they play the right way.”

They win by being tough and smart, by adhering to classic, proven values, but while having fun, playing as a team, and always believing that good things will happen. That is precisely the story Kansas City wants to tell about itself.

That story, given the team's national embrace, is also something the whole country must want to hear. That could be because, sappy as it sounds, these underdog Royals not only evoke a better era in baseball, but a better time in American life. They represent a nation that still exists, but is too rarely portrayed in mass and social media. In that America, quiet self-sacrifice is still celebrated, teamwork will still win you something that money can never buy, and a relentlessly abiding faith in the future still can make even the craziest dream come true.

19-Oct-14
I thought the Orioles were going to take them in 6.

Maybe they are the team of destiny. I did not pick them.

The Rock

19-Oct-14
Ugh some of the blue man group has forgotten something....they have to face Bumgartner twice.

Not much love for the Royals after they made the A's look like a minor league team. I doubt they will get 6 free bases a game against the Giants- but we shall see. Giants fan here....they don't have the most talent at every position but they sure get it done

• Sitka Gear