Sixby 21-Oct-14
kyrob 21-Oct-14
Thumper 21-Oct-14
Golden Pyr 21-Oct-14
Woods Walker 21-Oct-14
Mint 22-Oct-14
21-Oct-14

Bluetick's Link
Oscar Pistorius was not guilty of murder. But when you do something out of sheer panic or stupidity and someone dies as a result, that's culpable homicide in South Africa. The judges didn't believe that he intended to kill his girlfriend. But they did buy his story about shooting through the bathroom door in a panic over thinking someone was in his house. After all, the South African newspapers carry multiple stories about home invasions (always blacks invading white homes) where someone is shot every day. But not verifying who, exactly, was in that bathroom made him guilty of culpable homicide and hence the five year sentence. But no one believes he will serve the whole thing.

21-Oct-14
I heard he will probably serve 10 months. One report anyway

21-Oct-14
JMO..... too light of a sentence. By quite a bit.

Personal responsibility and accountability... He's a poster boy for why some should not have firearms.

Again ...just my opinion.

21-Oct-14
Bluedog. Agreed. How are you doing. Shooting a lot I hope Owe you an email to catch up !

21-Oct-14
Oscar found every avenue for being negligent with a firearm known to man. The guys her obvious and serious problems. I feel terrible for the beautiful woman that he killed and her family.

21-Oct-14
5 years for murder?

I didn't think he had a leg to stand on.

he he he

;-)

21-Oct-14
Agree 100% with BlueDog, should have been a tougher sentence.

21-Oct-14
Let me fill in some background here. South Africa is flat out dangerous for white people. Read the newspapers there. Every single day another home is broken into and the occupants shot by marauding black criminals. For us, it would seem a flimsy excuse that you thought a home invader was hiding in the bathroom. For a white man -- particularly one who is helpless without his prosthetics -- it is not unusual; in fact it's happened before. So Oscar was already scared, and he panicked further. Hence the culpable homicide. By the way, South Africa's judges are legendary for their competence and absolute incorruptibility.

21-Oct-14
what if it was your beatiful daughter that he had killed though negligence Blue?

21-Oct-14
Sarcasm, SA.

Even northeasters have it. ;-)

21-Oct-14
Oscer had a little panic fit alright. He caught his girl talking with an ex lover and she hid in the bathroom from him and he murdered her. Then it hit him what he had done and he started the poor me thing. He is a murderer and should have been sentenced to life. The judge is a liberal fool and Oscar is basically free.

God bless, Steve

21-Oct-14
He knew what he was doing. Judge screwed up on this one. What if there were 10 burglars in your bathroom? They are not an imminent threat til they come out and if you're holding a gun, shoot em' when they come out. Call the cops if they stay in. He's guilty as sin but got off easy with an "I feel sorry for you" judge.

21-Oct-14
Blue Dog.....x6

Oscar Pistorius needed to spend at least 25yrs to life in prison, 4 shots fired at someone sitting on the toilet and three center-mass hits. SMH

21-Oct-14
I would have given him 7-10, with no House arrest after 10 months.

21-Oct-14
Big tall tree and a short piece of rope.

22-Oct-14
The Judge is an idiot. Pure murder is what it was, right up their with the OJ case as far as bad verdicts.

• Sitka Gear