liv4it 23-Oct-14
liv4it 23-Oct-14
Beendare 23-Oct-14
Woods Walker 23-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 24-Oct-14
rock50 24-Oct-14
Beendare 25-Oct-14
23-Oct-14
Can one of the Obama defenders PLEASE explain to me what the strategy is in the middle east "engagements' right now.

This sure looks like a clown show to me...an Administration that can't find their azzes with both hands.

1) Obama said in is speeches a few weeks ago he was going to micro manage the ISIS engagement- 'Every bomb" as I recall

2) ineffective Drone strikes....at what $400k a pop? we don't have accurate intel on what to strike- one can only guess they are managing these from satellites

3) Pallets of arms being dropped to the wrong side....to the bad guys -article below

4) We have arms given to Iraq that are now being used against us by ISIS

5) The WH recently OK'd the sale of some pretty nasty artillery shells made by General Dynamics to [what are now the good guys] ....and will no doubt soon be in the hands of the bad guys [if recent history is a guide]

This makes you proud to be an American, Eh?

OBAMA FANS PLEASE....TELL ME THERE IS A STRATEGY....

[from the WSJ] WASHINGTON—The Pentagon said Wednesday that one of the bundles of small arms, ammunition and medical supplies airdropped on Sunday to Kurdish forces defending the Syrian border town of Kobani drifted off course and was grabbed by attacking Islamic State fighters.

The Defense Department made the admission after Islamic State forces released video on Tuesday showing off hand grenades, medical aid and other supplies it said it retrieved from the U.S. airdrop, meant for besieged Kurdish fighters in Kobani.

Initially, the Pentagon said that 27 of the 28 pallets dropped over the weekend had reached the Kurdish forces. One bundle, the military initially said, had gone far astray and quickly been destroyed by a U.S. airstrike before it could be taken by Islamic State fighters in the area.

But after Islamic State forces released the video on Tuesday, the U.S. military took a second look and concluded that only 26 of the 28 supply bundles reached the Kurdish fighters. One errant package was destroyed in an airstrike, but a second bundle fell off course and was taken by Islamic State forces, officials now say.

Defense officials said the captured arms wouldn’t have any significant impact on the balance of power in the fight for the border town, that has become the focus of U.S. efforts to counter Islamic State forces in the Middle East.

“One bundle worth of equipment is not enough equipment to give the enemy any type of advantage at all,” said Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman. “The remaining 25, 26 bundles, when taken together, will certainly help our friendly forces there on the ground.”

Col. Warren declined to specify exactly what was on the bundle, but the video, which the Pentagon said appeared to be real, showed a masked Islamic State fighter opening up boxes of hand grenades and other supplies.

“The fact that one or two bundles went astray is not of any real concern,” he said.

23-Oct-14
Doc, You and i agree on one thing- ISIS is a world problem.

If we can collectively manipulate the price of oil to hurt Putin....why can't we collectively fight ISIS? If I'm the president, I go to these other countries- including the Saudis- and I insist on a 2 pronged approach to combat ISIS- 1)a worldwide media blitz showing them for what they are- garnering worldwide support 2) a coordinated attack using every countries military

Easier said than done...but better than what we are doing now.

Doc, I'm curious...you seem to defend this admin in all circumstances no matter what....do you believe he is making good foreign policy decisions?

23-Oct-14
Beendare I can answer that question. This administration wants to bring Islam to this country because 0 is a muslim !!

23-Oct-14
A simple yes or no would suffice.

23-Oct-14
Sounds like them same answer that they recieved from the Demos when asked if they voted for O. Also sounds like an answer you might get when you ask O himself. Can the Dems really give a straight up honest answer?

I have yet to see.

23-Oct-14
Wrong. My answer would be no. I did not agree with ALL GW's foreign policy.

23-Oct-14
Its only a loaded question if defending a politician is more important to you than having an original thought.

Do I agree with all of GW's policy- heck no, and I've said as much on this forum. I spoke out against the whole "too big to fail" thing...and still do.

Thats OK, I just wanted to see where you are coming from. Of course a prez cannot rule in a vaccuum- the Republican congress voted to back obamas training/arming of the Syrians. So most Rep politicians basically got nuthin either.

Vaccuum aside, This conflict IS ON THIS PRESIDENT- and he went out of his way to point that out....and its funny to me to watch die hard Obama supporters grasping for straws...when in their hearts they know this prez just isnt cutting it.

Its good though, if everyone would use a little more common sense and less partisan politics- we actually might get somewhere

23-Oct-14
dock: You and the rest of the lying left can have all the circle jerks you want, but anyone with an iota of a brain knows that sooner or later we WILL have to eliminate Isalm as a threat to our existance. Do you honestly think (uh...wait a minute, there's NOTHING honest about you or your idiology)that if they had a nuclear weapon that could reach us that they wouldn't use it???

YOU and the rest of your lying associates may not think that that we are at war with Isalm but Islam sure as hell is at war with us. They've made that fact painfully obvious.

24-Oct-14
Ever wonder about the increased support for illegal drugs and the disconnect from reality by the liberal left?

Question no more: DOD no longer stands for Department of Defense, but Dems On Drugs

HILLARY: 'DON'T LET ANYBODY TELL YOU' THAT 'BUSINESSES CREATE JOBS'

Appearing at a Boston rally for Democrat gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley on Friday, Hillary Clinton told the crowd gathered at the Park Plaza Hotel not to listen to anybody who says that “businesses create jobs.”

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

Obviously, it must be government. Remember President Putt-Putt telling us all, "You didn't build that."

24-Oct-14
Mouse,

This Hillary clip deserves its own thread!

Unbelievable to hear those words from a supposedly educated person.

I worked for a global, Fortune 50, part of the DJIA company for more than 40 years. We created thousands of jobs, currently employing 110,000+ around the world.

Suppliers in turn create dozens of jobs for each one that we had.

What these morons do not understand is the jobs will be in states or countries that create a climate favorable for a business. The citizens of other nations are just as capable as the citizen of the US and if politicians and union leaders don't acknowledge that, the jobs move there, even if there are significant logistical challenges to overcome.

I know they are capable, I've been in those plants in the right to work states and overseas.

25-Oct-14
hey Doc, you really should reread some of your comments; deflect this, excuse for that...its the same with any liberal thinker I encounter- never a thoughtful response...always an excuse.

I've taught my kids- it always goes better when you admit your mistakes...and move on. Its obvious Liberal parents never taught that to their kids...thus the "Excuse/ deflect/ never wrong" mentality.

Its OK to have your own ideaology and not be a worshipper of a slick politician- the guy has made some bonehead moves, admit it and move on.

• Sitka Gear