Owl 24-Oct-14
Joey Ward 24-Oct-14
MissingStrands 24-Oct-14
Joey Ward 24-Oct-14
DL 24-Oct-14
Gumby 25-Oct-14
23-Oct-14

Beendare's Link
Holy smokes...just saw a slow mo analysis of some of the wildest bulls these guys are riding. How they stay on is beyond comprehension.

"Bushwhacker" being one, "Asteroid" another....crazy how those bulls move

23-Oct-14
Back in my rodeo days (team roper), we used to say that a bullrider was a bronc rider that had the rest of his brains kicked out!

23-Oct-14
Some of my good friends are gristle heads , I mean bull riders! We have always kidded them. You are right though, bulls today aren't the range bulls of the past!

Bronc

24-Oct-14

MF's Link
Crazy, man! We used to watch that a lot back in the day.

24-Oct-14
As a kid, I loved watching rodeos. My grandparents used to take me to watch them live at the Hampton Coliseum.

Now, I just can't understand the mentality that looks at a bull and says, "yeah, I want to shatter my facial bones on the top of his skull..."

24-Oct-14
That Ty Murray was a Jewel of a rider.

Yodalayhewho!!!!!!!!!!

he he he

;-)

24-Oct-14
Love it!!! I have never tried riding a live bull, always feared being stepped on. But I used to(in my twenties) love getting on the mechanical bulls.(I know BIG DIFFERENCE)

I can tell you the direction changes are the extremely hard to handle. but when when you lean back on the forward jump and the bulls butt pushes you forward like these bulls, your screwed.

Recently jumped on a mechanic bull again (now 42), I can still ride em, but my body doesn't quite recover the same as it used to. LOL

24-Oct-14
these have to be the toughest people on the face of the earth....

24-Oct-14
I had an old friend that got pushed forward and a horn went in just below his eye socket and exited the top of his skull.

Since then, I've preferred a throttle and brakes.

24-Oct-14
My wife was at a local rodeo before the riders wore vests. They were in box seats right at the rail. A rider got bucked off and when he was on the ground the bull came down with a rear hoof right on his chest. The rider got up wide eyed holding his chest and ran towards the rail. He got a couple steps and fell down. He tried to stand up up and collapsed dead.

25-Oct-14

Gumby's embedded Photo
Gumby's embedded Photo
Steer wrestled for quite a few years and got the bright idea that maybe I should enter the bulls too.....only took 3 bulls before I realized I was no damn good at it and I slunk back to the timed event end where I belonged.... At least there I could pull a check or two instead of donating all the time..... LOL!!

• Sitka Gear