DL 31-Oct-14
DL 31-Oct-14
Joey Ward 31-Oct-14
NvaGvUp 31-Oct-14
DL 31-Oct-14
HA/KS 31-Oct-14
DL 31-Oct-14
29-Oct-14
Nice start for the Giants. 2-0 going into bottom 2nd.

29-Oct-14
KC ties it up in Bottom 2 and now the Giants are threatening in the top of the 4th.

Looks like a 4-4 tie at the end of regulation that goes a few extra innings.

Great baseball!

29-Oct-14
Bumgarner comes on in the 5th. Doesn't look as dominating as I'd like, but shuts down the Royals in the 5th never-the-less.

3-2, San Francisco.

29-Oct-14
Wow!

Bumgarner shuts the Royals down in the 5th, 6th, and 7th, giving up just one hit and throwing just 36 pitches. Bochy figured Bumgarner was good for 45-50 pitches tonight, so expect him back again in the 8th.

29-Oct-14
Great game ... except for the 7 inning stretch singer ... that was a terrible rendition, just terrible. And with millions of people watching from all over the world.

29-Oct-14
Madison 'Bums' out the Royals again in the 8th.

He's thrown 51 pitches on two days rest. Does Bochy bring him back again in the 9th?

You bet your life! He's shown no signs of wearing down, so until he does, leave him in there!

29-Oct-14
Hot Dang!

Blanco and Perez turn a single into a triple with two out, yet Bumgarner doesn't even blink!

He throws five shutout innings on two days rest and the Giants win the World Series for the third time in five years!

Bumgarner is unquestionably the MVP, but what support he had from The Panda Bear and Hunter Pence!

Simply awesome baseball!

29-Oct-14
Wow !!!!

29-Oct-14
That was historic. Incredible double play too.

29-Oct-14
Kyle,

Words cannot do justice to what Madison Bumgarner did in the 2014 WS. The closest I could come would be along the lines of "super-human" or "beyond belief".

You have to feel badly for Hunter Pence; any other WS his efforts would likely have gotten him the MVP, and probably handily.

With what Bumgarner did there can't be any doubt about who the MVP was.

Kudos to Bruce Bochy too for sending Bumgarner out for the 9th instead of his closer. To me this was managing by instincts and results and not "by the book".

Congrats to the Giants and well done to the Royals.

29-Oct-14
What an amazing, clutch performance by a 25 year old kid.

Even after the Blanco/Perez screw up with two outs in the bottom of the 9th, Bumgarner never looked like it fazed him even a little.

This guy is from another world in talent, discipline and class. Simply amazing1

29-Oct-14
Great ambassadors from a Great All American City ... Historic is right !!!!

29-Oct-14
Mike in CT,

One of the things that makes Bochy so good is that he values his instincts over 'the book.'

NEVER has their been a WS performance like Madison Bumgarner turned in. Not even close.

His lifetime WS ERA is now an unbelievable 0.25! That's one run every four complete games. Incredible!

29-Oct-14
Bumgarner is a machine, that is some of, if not the best pitching exposition I have ever seen.

30-Oct-14
Too bad Cain and Lincecum weren't healthy. Hudson finally got his ring. Oldest starter in World Series history top bad it wasn't a good one.

30-Oct-14
Ya' gotta love Hunter Pence. When he's at bat, he looks like a wild-eyed crazy man. If you saw him on the street at night, you'd grab your wife and kids and run away screaming.

What a character. I love it!

30-Oct-14

30-Oct-14
Ive watched him take batting practie, he hits the ball as far as anyone ive ever seen, he has incredible power

30-Oct-14
I'm still chuckling at all the critics that have never given the giants a chance to win starting in 2010. With all the top players they lost this year and to come through the top teams to win!! They are an October Team!

30-Oct-14
Other than Panda Bear and Posey, the Giant's starting lineup is a largely a compilation of castoffs and journeymen.

They lost several of their best players to injury for the season. They were eight games under .500 over their last 98 regular season games and just barely made the playoffs.

Yet they won the World Series despite all that. Simply amazing.

30-Oct-14
Let's face it though, the great equalizer was Bumgarner, without him, This would have been a different outcome. He shut down an outstanding hitting Royals team. I think I heard a stat where he pitched something like 280 innings this year..They rode that horse all the way to the finish.

I thought it was funny, my wife is sitting there watching the game last night and she says to me, Bumgarner is making this game boring...LOL, she missed the play by the center fielder where he was trying to get the game tied.

30-Oct-14
I watched all 7 games but I didn't care who won. The only chance KC had to tie it up is if they could have stretched the triple into a in the park home run in the 9th. Otherwise, you could see the writing on the wall.

It's too bad that such a good game had to be ruined by idiots rioting in the streets. That is not what the game is all about.

30-Oct-14
Well that really wasn't a triple, it was a single and a two base error, but I know what you mean, that was their best chance.

30-Oct-14
Did you guys notice how calm and reserved Bumgarner was last night? Not just during the game, but especially after it was over.

Plus, he works fast, which I love!

30-Oct-14
He reminds me a lot of cliff Lee, not only in demeanor but in the way he pitches and a good hitting pitcher to boot.

30-Oct-14
It just makes me sick that so many people are so cheerfully supporting a team from a city that intentionally has chosen to behave like the pit of Hell. We live in a sick time.

30-Oct-14
Henry,

What does the location of a private business have to do with your post?

30-Oct-14
It has a lot to do with it. If the business chooses to locate in a pit of sin, then they are voluntarily associating with it. Simple concept. I choose to not be a fan. Simple concept. I also never cheer for teams from leftist states/cities.

30-Oct-14
To a lot of us, it's not the team specifically we cheer for. Personally I'm a national league fan so I generally cheer for the national league team, regardless of where they are from. But keep in mind many of us are fans of the players and of outstanding play, much more than the specific franchise.

30-Oct-14
Based on what you're saying HA Austin and Houston Texas are on the same page. Austin is even worse with there Rainbow crosswalks and Houstin's mayor was sending out subpeonas to pastors of churches. Every large city in the US falls onto your list. I don't care for there life style either but that's the way it is right now.

30-Oct-14
DL, you are correct to some extent, but there is a difference between being a city of sinners (we all are) and being a city that openly celebrates sin.

31-Oct-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
You mean this stuff?

31-Oct-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Here it is. I think the Giants were play St Louis. I vividly remember Willie Mays running to the fence and hooking his cleats in it to be able to jump high enough to catch the ball. On the way out of the stadium I remember trying to find the spot on the chain link fence where he dug his cleats into it. The three of us became instant Hiants fans.

31-Oct-14
Tim Hudson --- husband, dad, hunter, fisherman, land owner, gun owner.......supports his HS with donations that help the students in many ways.

Jake Peavy ----- same

Local guys to me. Good guys.

They have as much control of where they work and who they work for as the rest of us.

Wish they were Braves, but that'd mean Atlanta. ;-)

31-Oct-14
When the Giants moved to San Francisco, San Francisco was a fairly conservative place. It wasn't until the '70's that the left started to take over.

31-Oct-14
The picture I posted of the fairy parade for "Ha"from Kansas was taken in Kansas City at there annual gay rights festival. What ever state you live in just google any major city there about gay rights parade. You'll be shocked. SF just happened to be the first. Enough about that crap. I'm glad it's over. My heart couldn't handle any more. These wins in the bottom of the 9th , 10th or 18th kill me.

31-Oct-14
DL, not a baseball fan here. I didn't watch any of the games. Like I said, everybody is a sinner, but there is a difference between being sinners and celebrating and institutionalizing sin.

31-Oct-14
Yes and every city in the US is adding to that. That's why I moved into the mountains away from cities.

• Sitka Gear