Woods Walker 31-Oct-14
Bluetick 31-Oct-14
HA/KS 31-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 31-Oct-14
TD 31-Oct-14
Owl 31-Oct-14
absaroka6 01-Nov-14
30-Oct-14
A former Marine who served in Iraq says he's been banned from his daughter's Maryland high school after a heated argument over a lesson on Islam.

Kevin Wood told MyFoxDC.com that he went to La Plata High School in La Plata, a town about 30 miles southeast of Washington, and challenged a history assignment requiring students to list the benefits of Islam. He said the meeting with the vice principal got heated; the school said he made a threat and banned the Iraq veteran from school property.

"[Wood] was threatening to cause a disruption or possible disruption at the school," a district spokesperson said.

Wood did not deny getting worked up over the issue, but said he was standing up for the Constitution and is against any religion being taught at the public school.

"I have witnesses that have said I did not threaten anybody," he told the station. "I don't force my religious views on them, so don't force your religious views on me."

The school is allowing his eleventh-grade daughter to spend the class time in the school's library, but defended its assignment and said it is teaching world history, not religion.

Wood's wife, Melissa, wondered how teaching about one religion is considered a history lesson while teaching about Christianity would be viewed diffrerently.

"We cannot discuss our Ten Commandments in school but they can discuss Islam's Five Pillars?"

The three-page assignment asked questions including, "How did Muslim conquerors treat those they conquered?"

A homework assignment obtained by MyFoxDC.com showed the correct answer was, “With tolerance, kindness and respect."

30-Oct-14
Obviously, nothing to lose one's head over...

30-Oct-14
I don't remember being forced to write positive things about communism or the Nazis. That component comprises indoctrination.

30-Oct-14
dock: Do you have to view every topic from out your anus?

Did you even READ what the post said???

"The three-page assignment asked questions including, "How did Muslim conquerors treat those they conquered?"

A homework assignment obtained by MyFoxDC.com showed the correct answer was, “With tolerance, kindness and respect."

These are OBVIOUSLY complete lies, which you should know well because you lie constantly. This is what Mr. Wood was upset about...the fact that Isalm was being presented falsely...which in a way is accurate because the main tenent of that "religion" is based on lying, which is why you support it.

Do you EVER speak the truth? Don't bother to answer...we already know.

31-Oct-14
"Kids should be taught about all of the main religions, and why they're all false."

-Whatever happened to separation of church and state? Why should central planners indoctrinate as to atheist and secularist religions?

-Thanks, by the way, for illustrating a point I have made about your ilk for a long time. You don't want freedom of religion. Like every other leftist, you want people to freely believe what you do. I could not have made that point more clearly than you did in your own words.

31-Oct-14
The only choice they want is to be able to butcher babies. A choice for THEM by the way...NOT the baby.

Imagine if the left was as adamant about "choice" as it SHOULD be applied to the 2A? Choice is the LAST thing they want for the 2A!!

31-Oct-14

Bluetick's Link
It's a tad more involved than a simple comparative religion course. This should put things in perspective.

31-Oct-14
Another reason why all parents and concerned citizens need to be constantly vigilant about what is being taught in the public (and private) schools. Even if you send your kids to a private school, still stay vigilant.

31-Oct-14

Anony Mouse's Link
You must submit...

31-Oct-14
You get a good grade you might be able to work for NASA......

They aren't just teaching about the different religions and their tenets and fundamentals. Forced indoctrination to an ideology. Can't be twisted or covered up in BS and make it come out anything else.

Doc.... glad you're laughing. Because you're the joke here and we're all laughing. All your lies, the pure BS, screwing yourself into the ground trying to twist things while defending the indefensible. You aren't fooling anyone. It's plain to see.

It's something I couldn't do... I have to look in the mirror, sleep at night, that kind of stuff. Hard for me to do knowing I lied and BSed my way around an issue just for the sake of trying to make it less stupid, less evil.

31-Oct-14
KC, He fears his neighbor and seeks to empower only government. His counterparts wish to empower EVERY individual and neuter central government. Therein lies the fear dynamic.

01-Nov-14
Will you still be laughing when the sword of Islam is pressed against your throat, after everything you've ever loved and cared about is torn away from you?. I seriously doubt it.

You won't have to waste your time picturing us "old guys" at all, we will have fallen in defense of Freedom long before.

• Sitka Gear