Shuteye 31-Oct-14
Anony Mouse 31-Oct-14
Shuteye 31-Oct-14
Joey Ward 31-Oct-14
HA/KS 31-Oct-14
31-Oct-14

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Authorities killed Big Old 760 because he was becoming a problem to people in bear country. My cousin Debbie took this picture of him this summer. She has hundreds of bear pictures she has taken over the years.

31-Oct-14
Shuteye, I have a relative who apparently can see Bear Country from her deck.

31-Oct-14
HA/KS, that is some beautiful country out there.

31-Oct-14
760 was one of the three cubs that 699 mothered. Carrie told us last night that 760 had been breaking into homes looking for food.

We had a lot of fun watching the bears and participating with the local professional photographers on their grizzly dragnets. They respect the bears and get their great photos of them with proper equipment and long lenses. Too many of the visitors try to get similar photos with their phones and become part of the problem.

One of the problems when wildlife becomes too accustomed to humans.

Lex...that is a pretty small community out there. Ask Debbie if she knows Carrie and Jason.

Carrie and Jason were in the Bahamas the beginning of the month photographing sharks. They're up in Churchill leading a group taking pics of polar bears now. Definitely a good life ;o)

31-Oct-14

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
Anony, it is a great life for sure. Debbie took me for a ride around her farm a couple days ago. She has trails all over the place and has a tree stand where she can sit and shoot pictures of deer. Her husband showed me pictures of four huge bucks and the pictures were all taken from the same stand. I don't mind riding on a pink golf cart.

She also has a gasoline four wheeler and drives huge tractors but she likes the gold cart because it is so quiet.

31-Oct-14
I miss the old Remington pumper.

In 30.06 of course. :-)

Twas a nice rifle.

31-Oct-14
I was thinking of Bear Country in the Black Hills!

• Sitka Gear