NvaGvUp 01-Nov-14
Owl 02-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 02-Nov-14
Hammer 02-Nov-14
gflight 02-Nov-14
HA/KS 02-Nov-14
31-Oct-14
Enough!

Yes they will take the Senate.. No they won't try a complete repeal of the healthcare Act.

There will be some changes and corrections made to the original.. This is good and expected.

On the internet I seem to be alone in being tired of the never ending partisan bs... in the world I live in I'm in heavy company. Including my older bro who is similar to kyle in his politics...

There are better ways to spend their time than bickering nonstop.

(Of note for some.. while in Arizona 26 years I crossed party lines and consistently voted for McCain and Kolbe.. figured they were best for southern Arizona..

next week I will be voting party for Governor.. Dayton.. and Senator.. Franken. Very likely I will cross line and vote for Mills instead of Nolan for 8th district rep.. 95% chance..)

31-Oct-14
"At some point the partisan BS has to end. I'll hope with you."

Been here a long time ... seldom been accused of partisan BS .. you're pushing your limits if you are.

I'm a realist... I accept what is... I am a registered democrat and make no apologies...

and I don't live and breathe politics.. right now I've been busy cutting and splitting a full 10 cord of maple and oak.. far more important to me. Should finish tomorrow.. I'm old and slow but that's ok..just glad i can do it..

31-Oct-14
How could anyone think voting for Franken could be a good thing?

31-Oct-14
"How could anyone think voting for Franken could be a good thing?"

and why should i care what you think? And why should I justify my choices?

31-Oct-14
bluedog, your vote for franken affects all of us. If franken was not in the senate we would not have obamacare. Your vote is your vote, but it affects more than just you. I am also in the "how could anyone vote for him" camp.

dems are complaining about partisan politics, but they are the ones who have maintained the most partisan, uncooperative, and downright mean atmosphere in Washington that any of us have ever seen.

I have already stated that if republicans take the senate they should bring all of the bills that reid has been holding to the floor for an up or down vote. They won't for several reasons, but they should.

31-Oct-14
A Franken voter most likely could not possibly justify that choice!

A Franken voter could not possibly understand what others think, much less care.

31-Oct-14
I'll make it simple... I'm a democrat. I vote as i choose. I don't ask others how i should vote..

Obviously i think Franken has kept a low profile and done an acceptable job. Amy Klobuchar is the senior Minnesota Senator with clout ..

There is a reason I seldom post regarding politics. I recognize and easily accept that the Bowsite is primarily a conservative site.. starting with Pat. That's cool.. I have no problem.

I don't hang around here to convert or debate. I hang around simply because I have many friends here...

That's a good reason.

31-Oct-14
KPC.. Of course I'm partisan. I do on very rare occasions cross the line.But very seldom.

So what? Those that judge me solely on my politics don't bother me at all. It's nothing to me...

Think I've said it all for this mid term election.. ;)

31-Oct-14
Never meant to imply that I wasn't partisan.

Originally my point to the op was I'm tired of constant party line stalemate by our elected officials... I remember when compromise and workable solutions were not dirty words. Remember Bob Dole? Tip O'Neil?

A little realism and actual function is not unreasonable action to expect..

31-Oct-14
"Sorry about that bluedog, you type faster than me."

Well... I am up to 2 fingers after all.. ;)

31-Oct-14
In dealing with radical anti Constitution leftists, compromise is not advisable, and not possible.

When radical leftists steal elections and gain a majority in our government, stalemate, if possible, is the only solution to thwart their systematic destruction of our country.

31-Oct-14
and I don't live and breathe politics.. right now I've been busy cutting and splitting a full 10 cord of maple and oak.. far more important to me. Should finish tomorrow.. I'm old and slow but that's ok..just glad i can do it.. I find it odd you don't care about politics yet you post 7 times on one thread. This just don't add up 10 cords of wood where do you find the time to post here?

31-Oct-14
Hey Pat.. LOL.. Just a moment of weakness. I was originally shooting at doc.. then it got away from me..

It happens. gotta admit.. when is last time you saw me doing politics? Guess I've got it out of my system so have at it without my interference..

It's night time and no ball games. When i do post in the day it's from my Chrome Book in garage.. an old guy needs his breaks..

That 10 cords of wood has been an epic challenge this time around... but I'm stubborn.

01-Nov-14
Hey bluedog,

If I were to say that your Senator, Franken, was a clown, would that be partisan, non-partisan, or just plain true?

;^)

01-Nov-14
The state that elected Jesse Ventura and Al Franken is capable of electing any clown that shows up on the ballot.

Here's how bad it is: Lindsay Graham (R-SC) is preferable to Al Franken. A vote for either is a demonstration in........well, you know.

01-Nov-14

01-Nov-14
MN state bird is the loon. I think that says it all.

Terry

01-Nov-14
Do people actually believe that ANY politican, either Democrat, Republican, Independent, or Libertarian has the "peoples" interest at heart? They are corrupt, insidious liars, who only exist for two reasons:

1. Steal as money as possible

2. Stay in office as long as possible for reason No.1

3. Jesus, grow up.

01-Nov-14
dock, given that the ACA was upheld by repubtard Roberts, and the R party brought us Bushcare, there is not a chance they will repeal the law.

the NDCP/EGOP are not capable of accomplishing anything big that would lessen the negative impact big government has on our lives. after all, a majority are liberals.

01-Nov-14
I had a lot more respect for Bluedog's intellect before he admitted to voting for Al Franken!

01-Nov-14
I'm with you, Pete.

01-Nov-14
I'm in the "how could anyone " vote for Franken camp !!!!!!!!!

01-Nov-14
It does seem to fall into the "Hold my beer and watch this" category.

01-Nov-14
"Resistance is futile."

01-Nov-14

01-Nov-14
It "got away from" bluedog when he announced that he intends to vote for Franken.

It's one thing to be merely a misguided Democrat, but to actually cast a vote for a radical leftist clown like Franken is ufb.

01-Nov-14
It "got away from" bluedog when he announced that he intends to vote for Franken.

It's one thing to be merely a misguided Democrat, but to actually cast a vote for a radical leftist clown like Franken is ufb.

01-Nov-14
Bluedog has stated many times here that he is far left of GJ, and I believe him. He is a patriot and a warrior. I respect him greatly, but not the people and party he supports. I keep thinking one day he will understand that those he supports really don't appreciate his kind.

01-Nov-14
It's hard to see how the GOP could fail to take the Senate.

Montana, West Virginia and South Dakota are done deals. Arkansas is close to being a done deal. In Louisiana, Mary Landreau could not win a runoff and it now looks quite possible Cassidy could hit 50% in the general election. Two recent polls have him at 50% and 51%. Landreau lags at 42-43% in the RCP average.

So there's five right there.

Then we have Colorado, Alaska and Iowa. We're leading in all three and only need to win one of them, assuming we hold Kansas and Georgia. Georgia looks like pretty good bet even if it goes to a runoff, where Perdue would probably pick up most of those folks who vote for Swafford next Tuesday.

Finally there's NC and NH. I think Hagan is more likely to lose than Shaheen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we win both of those as well. The polls in NC close at 7:30 EST. If that race gets called for Tillis, it's GAME OVER for the Dems. If they don't hold that seat, it will not turn out well for them in Iowa, Colorado or Alaska, nor anywhere else.

Good Bye, Harry Reid!

01-Nov-14
Well doc, with all those poor judgements and character flaws of Conservatives, why do you hang out here?

Are you hoping to change someone's mind here?

Like an old 'coon hunter said, You barkin' up the wrong tree, mutt.

01-Nov-14

Mike in CT's Link

01-Nov-14

Mike in CT's Link

01-Nov-14
"when given the reigns"

This wouldn't happen to be a quote from your dissertation, would it?

01-Nov-14
Blue isn't here on assignment. He makes his stand on principle. Right or wrong it's something to respect.

Doc doesn't have any of those credentials. Burned that bridge on about the 4th or 5th bald faced lie a month or more ago....

Not to sound racist or anything not politically correct.... but all doc is now is white noise....

01-Nov-14

Mike in CT's Link
Here is difference between people that vote Dem and the others.

Some dems (guess who) lie about who and what they are and what their purpose (spirited debate) really is.

Such individuals do not posit original thoughts or ideas but regurgitate one cut-and-paste after another.

The link provided shows yet another glorious example of this unadulterated misrepresentation.

You know what you'd call a thought in your head Sparky?

Lonely.....

01-Nov-14
If we're lucky and the EGOP wins on Tuesday, we'll get to see speaker Boner cry again.

01-Nov-14
Uh Oh!

Copyright 2014, Des Moines Register and Tribune Co.

"Joni Ernst has charged to achieve a 7-point lead over Democrat Bruce Braley in a new Iowa Poll, which buoys the GOP's hope that an Iowa victory will be the tipping point to a Republican takeover of the U.S. Senate.

Ernst, a state senator and military leader, enjoys 51 percent support among likely voters. That's a majority, and it's her biggest lead in the three Iowa Polls conducted this fall. Braley, a congressman and trial lawyer, gets 44 percent, according to The Des Moines Register's final Iowa Poll before Tuesday's election."

02-Nov-14
I'm still wondering why a man with a supposed doctorate can hardly muster one properly constructed sentence.

02-Nov-14

Anony Mouse's embedded Photo
Anony Mouse's embedded Photo
He bought it on eBay--same place as he got his degree.

02-Nov-14
LMAO. Anyone that would vote for that tool is more than partisan. They just have their head in the sand and don't know the man at all.

Gezzz.

You can't make some of this stuff up.

02-Nov-14
Franken is the typical politician and most voters vote for the letter by the name. Most of you are proof of that....

Characterizing America at large as a racist nation, Franken depicts white employers as bigots with an aversion to hiring black workers.

Over the course of his involvement in the television, radio, film, and book-publishing industries between 1975 and 2005, Franken himself was directly or indirectly responsible for the hiring of at least 112 people; only one was black.

Franken was fined because he failed to carry the required workers' compensation insurance for his employees for over three years.

Franken also admitted that he owed approximately $70,000 in unpaid taxes in 17 states.

Since his election....

Franken has also made a conscious effort to appeal to non-liberal voters. “A lot of the work he’s done in the Senate,” Jacobs adds, “has been trying to find non-controversial, almost non-political activities to put in front of voters, things about vets and seeing-eye dogs and adoption. And he’s always looking for ways to find Republican co-sponsors. All these efforts are part of a makeover: He is not who he was.”

02-Nov-14

HA/KS's Link

• Sitka Gear