Owl 17-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 17-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 17-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 25-Nov-14
HA/KS 25-Nov-14
HA/KS 25-Nov-14
Nomad 26-Nov-14
10-Nov-14
Free internet???? Let me know where you are getting yours because I pay about $45.00 a month for mine.

10-Nov-14
If the Gov. sets it up as an utility. Then the gov gets to set the rules. I do not trust the gov to make the rules.

Terry

10-Nov-14
As said on many other threads the Gov. has no business in privet inter-prize.

10-Nov-14
Gee, right after losing control of the Legislature the Dems suddenly are hot to try to control the internet. What a coincidence.

10-Nov-14
Coyote X 2

10-Nov-14
What's the Internet creator Al Gore have to say about it?

10-Nov-14
Doc BS There are sat.companies to go to like Direct TV, Dish, WildBlue, Hughes net as well as non sat.co. like Verizon. Even get it from ATT. ALL available across the entire Eastern Seaboard. Nice try though.

10-Nov-14
Less freedom, less privacy, less competition, and more government. "Net Neutrality" and "Affordable Care Act" have a lot in common.

10-Nov-14
The LAST thing we need is to have an inefficient, LYING, tyrannical government having anything to do with the internet. They'll probably put it under control of the IRS and in a year or so the average monthly fee for us will be $500.00.

Competition and an open market are the only things that will keep the internet affordable and advancing.

Lie, cheat and steal under the false assertion that they are doing it for "the people"....bullsh*t.

10-Nov-14
Valsdokter "Binary"? Ek nie dink wat woord betaken wat jy dink dit betaken.

10-Nov-14
Government regulation stifles innovation. Net neutrality will come with a good sounding name, and a host of other requirements hidden in it to stifle free speech.

No thank you. That's the kind of stuff you expect to see in China. That little thing called the 1st Amendment should shut this down, but Democrats only protect their own free speech.

Remember, Scalia wrote the opinion in the flag burning case.

Dockhole's opinion is yet another cut and paste. We've had the internet for how long, and yet, we have not seen the problems he suggests. And even if we do, some other ISP would crop up in response. I use carrot2.org to get past the pay per click crapola. There will be others.

10-Nov-14
Net neutrality is but another control on our lives. If the Dem mascot is an ass and the GOP's an elephant, the leftist mascot is a camel.

10-Nov-14
Dockhole. Now that's funny.

10-Nov-14
There is ONLY one reason for "net neutrality" or the "Fairness Doctrine." That simple reason is that leftist ideas get killed in the arena of free speech. The only way for leftist ideas to survive and thrive in America is if the American people's access to conservative ideas and free discussion of all ideas can be limited.

Leftists claim to be the champions of free speech, human rights, and free choice. They are in fact just the opposite. When people can hear all ideas and have open discussion, this becomes very evident. They choose the conservative option nearly every time.

It is only when leftists can control the conversations, the referencing point of view, and precepts of thought that they can survive in the political arena.

10-Nov-14
HAx2

Control. An aching need to control all aspects of everyone's lives. If only they did what they were told, the world would be utopian, unicorns and all. For liberal leftists that is...

Liberal leftist freedom is indeed all about free choice. They themselves provide you the list you are allowed to choose from. To them that is freedom.

10-Nov-14
HA with the walk-off homer.

10-Nov-14
HA, you hit the nail on the head. Squarely.

10-Nov-14
NWOR (not worthy of response)

10-Nov-14
Yes, fauxahondoc, more government regulation will solve every problem. You're so smart you should be a doctor.

10-Nov-14

Mike in CT's embedded Photo
You're so smart you should be a doctor.

He plays one on the internet......

10-Nov-14

10-Nov-14

10-Nov-14
Sad thing is without faux doc this place would be dull

As much as most think it would be a good thing if he disappeared in reality we need 3-4 like him to keep things interesting.

Doc. Go get some friends or create faux handles and jump into the game. Liberals are supposed to be bad asses,,,,,whoa...... I meant asses. Nevertheless spice it up Dems!

10-Nov-14

Anony Mouse's Link
Government overreach follows government control...

10-Nov-14
Doc... YOU are not worthy of a response. You're a lying, liberal POS that says one thing and then does another. You can't even keep a promise that you made a week ago!!!

You are a PERFECT match for your affirmative action Liar-In Chief.

People like you and that lying SOB ObamacareTax author Gruber are cut from the exact same cloth.

Go spew your BS somewhere else.

10-Nov-14
Perhaps the government should be controlled with its Internet use...

FAKE BUFFERING

White House Appears To Add Some Faux Delay To Its Title II Video Pitch

The White House appears to have put a fake "buffering" symbol and several-second delay before the President's video Monday announcing his desire to reclassify Internet access under Title II to prevent ISPs from slowing 'net traffic.

Check the "buffering" icon at the beginning, which is clearly part of the video production rather than an actual buff.

It is clearly an attempt to be clever, but instead leaves the impression of simulating a problem to justify having to fix it. Not sure that was the wisest idea. Where were the adults in the room?

My guess is I am not the only one who noticed. OK, I know I am not because someone called me to register their opinion that that was bush league. "Why? It seems so silly and fraudulent to falsely create that message," he said.

The White House press office had not responded to an e-mail for comment--their preferred medium of communications--at press time.

10-Nov-14
Yes, I even understand the IRS and the Justice Dept along with the ATF among others are very fair and evenhanded with their targeting.....

10-Nov-14
"Without internet neutrality, the ISP/ cable companies will gain too much power."

And what of the government? Can we trust it to ensure everyone is treated equally and fairly? I'm sure a political party would never try to use a government agency to quash other points of view... Oh. Wait, wasn't the IRS used for just that end??

10-Nov-14

The end purpose of this Obamunistic move is to create another "right" hidden somewhere in the Constitution which will be provided free by those who pay taxes...the Obamaphone will be followed by the O-Pod freebie.

11-Nov-14
My guess? Obola is doing this to ultimately put the kibosh on peoples 1st amendment rights,As usual he's lying his ass off to the kool-aid drinkers and people like doc probably think it's a good thing. Honestly doc, when are you going wake up?

11-Nov-14
So is the slogan from the gov going to be: If you like your internet you can keep your internet.

Terry

12-Nov-14
Right. The net works fine without the government manages. If anything, the previous post indicates why netwits should not use Google.

12-Nov-14
Jack

"The end purpose of this Obamunistic move is to create another "right" hidden somewhere in the Constitution which will be provided free by those who pay taxes...the Obamaphone will be followed by the O-Pod freebie."

Closer to the truth then you might realize. Was listening to a Obama talking head on NPR this morning, he was mention that 25% of Americans do not own a computer or have internet access and this needs to be remedied. Why? Because it's unfair that some can afford computers and internet access and the less fortunate cannot. Makes me wanna find the nearest Obama supporter and punch 'em in the mouth. Twice.

12-Nov-14
The net needs no government help to work. This is both Obama's attempt to restrict free speech and his attempt to give free crap to people that do not want to work.

Unless we get rid of the attitude that rewards should come without hard work, this country is doomed.

12-Nov-14

Doc, You're doing well!

12-Nov-14
"Net neutrality" is about net neutrality like the Affordable Care Act was about affordable care. (Note to leftist trolls: That means NOT AT ALL since if you actually could exercise reading comprehension, you would not post your googled drivel.)

Unlike Dockhole, we actually exercise skepticism and thought when reviewing Obama administration proposals, rather than fawning admiration resulting in a puddle on the floor.

12-Nov-14

12-Nov-14
I have given up on seeing anything from Dockhole beyond a sixth grade level.

12-Nov-14
Doc

"Im glad we agree because I can show you examples of thousands and thousands that were unable to get and afford insurance and now CAN."

Listening to NPR on the way home from hunting yesterday, 50% those that signed up last year for Obamacare, are choosing nit to renew. Reason? Too expensive.

You honestly believe that the federal government would do a better job managing the 'net then the private sector?

12-Nov-14
Edit - double post.

12-Nov-14
The one big certainty of government control of the Internet (regardless of the overt politics as demonstrated so often by this administration) is the fact that the government will stifle innovation.

While the original backbone of the net came from government funding, what it has become today has come from the individual non-government innovator and entrepreneur.

Heck, not one person who posts on this site would be doing so without Pat's involvement, creativity and investment.

But of course, that is simply above PEPOs comprehension.

12-Nov-14
TYRANNY: White House Plans Crackdown on "Unregulated Speech"

From the link:

"...Moreover, there is clear evidence according to a Department of Homeland Security insider that the very communities where people get together to share ideas are being targeted en masse by paid disinformation agents whose sole purpose is to destroy the credibility of the message through targeted web site takedowns and direct attacks against their users.

Then, you will see the internet being regulated in a manner that will serve only the agenda of this administration. Either right before or during these events, so-called citizen journalists will be particularly vulnerable. Watch for a serious crackdown of bloggers, online news publications and websites, but not in the way that will be immediately obvious.

The ‘plumbers team’ have coordinated their efforts with Internet Service Providers to identify the people like you and others who publish their information on web sites.

At first they will cite violations of terms of service. Then, they will select a few ‘troublemakers’ and identify them for criminal prosecution. Others will experience hacking and other electronic attacks. And during all of that, there will be the Obama team flooding the internet with misinformation and disinformation. In fact, that is already taking place.

The attacks are coming from all sides – this is asymmetric warfare against the American people.

Much of the essay is related to Bill Whittle's Afterburner: WEAPONIZING THE GOVERNMENT

12-Nov-14
Here I thought Algore invented the internet.....

"Obama team flooding the internet with misinformation and disinformation."

That has been going on here for months, as evidenced by the Tag Team Troll Squad......

12-Nov-14

Seapig's Link
"The one big certainty of government control of the Internet (regardless of the overt politics as demonstrated so often by this administration) is the fact that the government will stifle innovation."

The comment is hardly out of his mouth when it is shown to be true, "AT&T will stop investing in high-speed fiber internet until net neutrality rules decided".

Well timed Mouse!

When the government demands free, you get what you pay for.

12-Nov-14
"Im glad we agree because I can show you examples of thousands and thousands that were unable to get and afford insurance and now CAN."

Healthcare insurance costs are now 30% higher, so how can they now "afford" obamacare? Govt subsidies you idiot.

I heard o was going to appoint Lois Lerner as our new internet czar.

12-Nov-14
Thumper: He did, but she lost the email.

13-Nov-14

Anony Mouse's Link
14-Nov-14
May have been mentioned before but 80% of Obamacare enrollees are subsidized. Solvency here we come!

14-Nov-14
That is correct Owl. they just moved from medicaid to obamacare.

14-Nov-14
In what universe is government control less harmful than people freely patronizing according to their interests?

Leftists, stop pretending your are serving your neighbor by throwing them in the gristmill.

14-Nov-14
If comcast screws up, I can buy centurylink or net zero, or the next ISP. If the Feds run it, I get fed internet or nothing.

To hell with that. Net nincompoopery is what the so called net neutrality will be.

14-Nov-14
Let me see..... the internet has become an incredible source of information and entertainment.... literally creating and driving an entirely fresh and new sector of the economy.... as well as increasing personal productivity in nearly all phases of business many times over..... all this developed and built at an incredible, amazing pace, with little to no government intervention.

That is key, smart hard working people allowed to do what they do best because they get to reap the rewards of that innovation and hard work. THAT is what BUILT it. "You didn't build that" my azz.... flippin elitist parasites....

Now that it has become this powerhouse and relevant (oh, and profitable of course) part of nearly all that goes on in most day to day lives.... what will go down in history as an "age"to itself, now the government thinks the best thing to do is control it.... kind of like healthcare.... energy.... monetary policy.... free speech, religion....

And some folks think that's a wonderful idea.....

Coming to the point where when the government jams their foot in your door the best thing to do is blow it off..... and slam the door.....

15-Nov-14
Last year Comcast purposely slowed down the Netflix website. When an investigation was launched, it was determined that Comcast wanted more money from Netflix.m Netflix had to increase rates to pay Comcast more if they wanted their streaming films to be sped up for their customers. This is known as blackmail or extortion. This is all searchable. Ok my first question is who built the cable system? Who is the johnny come lately that want to use the limited amount of band width? Why would you let a competitor on your system when you provide the same services?

15-Nov-14
If they can regulate it, then they can tax it.

I don't think it is any more complicated than that.

15-Nov-14
Jim, I think that it has little to do with money and a lot to do with controlling free speech.

15-Nov-14

itshot's Link
See Mouse's post near bottom of page

The FCC is not capable of assuring anything, IMO

16-Nov-14
If comcast screws up, I can buy centurylink or net zero, or the next ISP. If the Feds run it, I get fed wy or nothing.

To hell with that. Net nincompoopery is what the so called net neutrality will be.

16-Nov-14
Just look at what the FCC has done already, everything had to go dig.. Now all thoughs tv's you use to watch either have box on them our you had to buy new tv's. All brought by non elected bureaucrats that can't be held accountable.

16-Nov-14
Pat, that is because the government is too big and involved in too many aspects of our society to be properly controlled by elected officials.

16-Nov-14
says the stupid voter who fully supports the exploitation of consumers via gov't grifting of stupid voters

brilliant post docheater

16-Nov-14

That switch to digital went well...now storms and clouds cause pixilation or complete loss of signal. Further, the digital signals are not receivable at a distance, causing many to loose viewing opportunities. (I can no longer receive any NBC station, and I lost being able to watch Hockey Night from Canada...which I was able to receive with rabbit ear antenna). Choice of either purchasing a converter box or new TV was also not an option.

Of course, on the bright side, the stations I now receive can broadcast multiple channels allowing such great programming as B&W re-runs of the Andy Griffith show, Hogan's Heros and shopping/how-to programming.

The alternative of cable or satellite has some problems with government mandated regulations. By FCC rule, "local" is defined by the Nielson rating system and not location. Rather than have Lansing as my local programming (15 miles to campus), regulations put me into the Detroit local providers...news, weather and local programming. Weather a real problem as storms come from the west and by the time there are any alerts and warnings from government mandated local stations, the storms have hit and gone by.

16-Nov-14
"Net Neutrality would ensure they don't get their greedy paws on your ISP."

Are you stupid?

16-Nov-14

itshot's Link
I knew the whole Net Neuter thing was big, but had no idea how big some of the protests were/are

loks like everybody, including stupid people, is behind this wave

16-Nov-14

16-Nov-14
Net Neutrality is complete bull s___t. As Kevin added above (paraphrase) If you don't like your ISP change it. For someone who lives in the sticks I could only get dial up for years then I could get Wild Blue..and believe me that was costly. Now I have AT&T which is a blessing for me. I pay a set fee with an added $15 a month for them to fix my many screw ups.

I may not have as many options as some because of where I live but hey, this works. I can get to NRA just as quickly as I can to Huff Post. If the internet is gov. ran it will turn out like everything else the Gov. does. Epic fail.

17-Nov-14
"I may not have as many options as some because of where I live but hey, this works. I can get to NRA just as quickly as I can to Huff Post. If the internet is gov. ran it will turn out like everything else the Gov. does. Epic fail."

-Kathi adroitly hit the nerve center of this issue. If the government regulates the Net, it will not improve upon corporate abuses. They will merely co-op them and couple them with the power to tax, fine, confiscate, intrude and,ultimately, kill.

The MSM is already on-board with statism. The only respite for alternative views and logic is the Net and talk radio. If we lose that, we will have a tacit state run media. Like China.

17-Nov-14
Should hunting be avialable to the common man or just rich guys?

17-Nov-14
Fauxdoc seems to always have the POV that newly created rights should be "free"(Should the internet continue to be free?--his first post)..in other words, let the taxpayer pay for another government defined right. And who will get doc's free Internet...the Obamaphone users, for sure.

FCC official warns Obama-backed net neutrality plan would bring 'immediate' Internet tax

Internet users would be forced to pay a new federal tax on their monthly bills if the government approves regulations recently endorsed by President Obama, a member of the Federal Communications Commission predicts.

Commissioner Mike O'Reilly addressed what's known as "net neutrality" at a Washington seminar on Friday. He spoke after Obama backed stricter rules by calling for preventing service providers from charging more for speedier service and for regulating them like telecommunications companies under a decades-old law.

That law requires telecommunications companies to pay into the FCC’s “Universal Service Fund” -- and would likely require the same of Internet companies. But O'Reilly says history clearly shows that the fees would quickly be “passed off” to customers, just like they are now on monthly phone bills.

“Consumers of these services would face an immediate increase in their Internet bills,” O'Reilly said Friday during the seminar held by the non-partisan Free State Foundation. “Let’s accept a truism: Consumers pay [the fund], not companies.”

O'Reilly, a Republican on the five-member commission, also quoted scholar and net neutrality guru Tim Wu in saying, “Ultimately, consumers always pay for everything, no matter what we say otherwise.”

Not only will computer users see this tax increase, but all cell phone customers who have data plans will also see an increase...

doc lives in the same fantasy land where Obama's "you can keep your..." frolics with balloons and unicorns.

17-Nov-14
UPDATE: IN DEFENSE OF DOC

We've been beating up on doc for his lack of being able to put his arguments in a clear and concise manner to show the benefits of the Obama vision of Internet control. In doc's defense, I offer the following (Thanks to the good people at People's Cube, doc's POV is more clearly defined):

Net neutrality: Throttling innovation, for the greater good

How do you make something more free and accessible? Why, more government regulation, of course. When government says they will regulate something, it always ends up being more accessible to all, with more freedom resulting, not less.

Net neutrality is one way to accomplish mandatory fairness, but on the internet. This topic has been on the back burner for years, but now President Obama is resurrecting the issue to confuse and divide conservatives (which we fully support.)

It's not fair when someone has more money to contribute to anything in life. The rich should not use more than their fair share of anything, including the internet. The Progressive Dictionary defines the "Rich" as:

[rich] n. 1. Anyone with a job. 2. Anyone with enough disposable income to pay more for a premium good or service i.e., almost every American.

President Obama believes that websites with large budgets (obviously republican-owned) should not have more of an advantage over high-schooler blogs (obviously liberal-owned.) By giving the liberal high-schooler blog free advertising that the republican-owned mega-website pays for, just as many people will see the liberal blog and vote Democrat (or so the theory goes.)

We at the People's Cube would like to discuss one major roadblock on the way to net neutrality. In the past, when liberal and conservative entities have been on equal footing, the liberal one usually loses out. For example:

1. When people have the choice of multiple news channels, they usually choose Fox News over CNN.

2. When people had the choice to tune into liberal radio channel Air America, they chose instead to listen to Rush Limbaugh. Air America went bankrupt.

3. When Colorado voters had the opportunity to vote Democrat with mail-in ballots, they chose to vote republican.

While the purpose behind net neutrality is integral to the progressive movement (control and redistribution of internet), it may backfire on the liberals. We just want to make them aware of this possibility.

To prevent the conservatives winning yet another consumer battle, we suggest that the government pro-actively throttle conservative websites more but charge them the same (use Chinese government as a model.)

Why should any company charge more for using more? Everyone should pay the same equal price, no matter how much they use. If you eat less food you should pay the same amount as someone who eats more food. If you use less internet you should pay the same amount as someone who uses more internet. It's only fair.

Surprisingly, many conservatives and liberals are in a rare agreement over net neutrality, but for different reasons. Here are two opposing viewpoints from proponents of net neutrality:

1. A citizen net neutrality advocate: "Without net neutrality, ISPs can charge us more money to visit Gmail or Facebook. We need to be protected from predatory ISPs."

2. A Democrat politician: "Without net neutrality, the government can't force ISPs to restrict access to hate websites (like the Drudge Report.) We need to protect you from predatory information."

The position we progressives closest identify with is that of the Democrat politician who wants to stifle access to information.

There is debate whether net neutrality means government regulation of access or content. The truth is, nobody knows. We have to pass net neutrality to find out what's in it.

Allowing the government to control the internet to prevent companies from charging for Facebook seems about as overboard as blowtorching your house to kill a spider. Comcast hasn't yet charged extra for Facebook, so it could be argued that they probably won't. But we have to use scare tactics with years-old issues in order to convince people of the benefits of government control.

When government controls entire industries, great things happen. Government control has so far worked splendidly with Obamacare. A few people had issues with their health insurance, so the government took over health insurance and made problems for everyone. As long as everyone is equal, it doesn't matter if there are more problems than before.

In a free-market system, when a corporation does something that customers don't like, the customers find another seller or innovate with a new product. In our progressive closed-market system, there is no need for innovation.

Why should fast internet even exist if only the rich can get it? This is why we support slow internet for all, and internet innovation resources to be directed elsewhere (such as entitlement programs.)

We also support government regulation of content, so that there are less (if any) conservative hate websites. In our system, there is only one opinion.

Support net neutrality. Throttle innovation - for the greater good!

25-Nov-14

Anony Mouse's Link

25-Nov-14
First we complain that people in Washington are not connected with the real world, then we complain when they are invested in businesses. Which do we want?

Do you really think these people can be bought by the amounts covered in this article?

25-Nov-14
BTW, mouse is one of the people here I respect the most.

26-Nov-14
I guess you have not spent much time in a truely corrupt place.....like where you can shoot as many ducks as you want.....as long as your guide pays off the federal agent every morning for instance.

I'm not for goverment regulation but without that....what keeps the rich from doing what I relate in my story? What keeps the rich guys from shooting all the ducks...er..I mean bandwidth?

26-Nov-14
And they're back!

26-Nov-14
Possibly I mistated above....I'm against government involvement in this area...in fact I'm for all the things that make rich people win and poor people loose. That's why I'm a life long republican...I have always been able to see what party is better for me personally.

• Sitka Gear