Pat C. 25-Nov-14
TD 25-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 25-Nov-14
Anony Mouse 25-Nov-14
ar troy 26-Nov-14
22-Nov-14

FraDiavolo's Link
I know this is bad, but I can't resist:

"An investigation by the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee has concluded that the CIA and U.S. military responded appropriately to the attacks on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012, dismissing allegations that the Obama administration blocked rescue attempts during the assault or sought to mislead the public afterward."

"The committee also found “no evidence that there was either a stand down order or a denial of available air support,” rejecting claims that have fed persistent conspiracy theories that the U.S. military was prevented from rescuing U.S. personnel from a night-time assault that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans."

and from the Christian Science Monitor:

"The Committee found intelligence to support CIA’s initial assessment that the attacks had evolved out of a protest in Benghazi over an anti-Islam YouTube video that was roiling the region; but it also found contrary intelligence, which ultimately proved to be the correct intelligence. The CIA only changed its initial assessment about the protest … two days after Ambassador Susan Rice spoke."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2014/1122/Will-Benghazi- report-quell-conspiracy-theories-Not-likely

Those Republican Congressmen are always supporting Obama!

So, what say you? Shall we waste a few more million dollars pursuing a scandal that never was?

22-Nov-14
I say that Americans died unnecessarily and hilary doesn't care.

22-Nov-14
I say your supporting link don't work for one! And an awful lot of brass said just the opposite. you think what you want but it's BS just like most of what you spew!

22-Nov-14
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-panel-finds-no-intelligence-failure-in-benghazi-attacks/2014/11/21/0749a070-71dd-11e4-ad12-3734c461eab6_story.html

22-Nov-14

southernbeagle's Link
"Awkward. New York Times division finally admits it was al Qaeda in Benghazi"

"After constantly toeing to the Obama administration (and MSNBC, etc) talking points line, and refusing to acknowledge that the Benghazi attack was actually an al Qaeda terrorist attack, today, years later, they finally acknowledge it."

22-Nov-14
Sure is funny that the OIC said he was told to hold fast.

22-Nov-14
Apparently incompetence that leads directly to the death of Americans including an Ambassador, and pushing a known phony story to the public, even after they "corrected" their story when they could no longer push the lie.....

Apparently that is only incompetent and not illegal.

wow. that makes me feel soooo much better about it....

But, at this point, what difference does it make.....

22-Nov-14
Didn't one of the surviving soldiers Chris Paranto in a recent interview say he was told to stand down?... Yes he did!

22-Nov-14
He said they were told to stand down three times. They finally went to help, against orders.

22-Nov-14
It seems that I seen a clip of a Col. telling that he was told hold fast not stand down. It was here on the CF. Im surely not the only one that remembers that! In any case the lie's are being pushed by this admin. and Fra is a lieing POS. lib !! That will push any lie to protect this assbag POS president!

22-Nov-14
Let's keep it civil, boys.

JTV -- Oh, come on, Doc was an amateur.

Recently discovered carbon arrows (See? More conservative than you. I've always shot cedar through a recurve!). What a difference!

Well, don't worry -- just passing through.

22-Nov-14
So...it was just P.O.'ed Muslim movie critics after all. "Achmed and Muhammad, At The Movies"

Well, that's a relief

22-Nov-14
Let's keep it civil, boys. Why im tired of the BS that pushed by 0 lovers! You and your's are as big a lairs as the lair and cheaf!

22-Nov-14
"....what difference does it make."

23-Nov-14
This report was issued by the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee. This did not come from the Obama administration as some here seem to think.

23-Nov-14

Pat C.'s Link

23-Nov-14

Pat C.'s Link

23-Nov-14
It does not take a committee, merely commonsense to see they dropped the ball on proactive measures, completely failed to respond when they had ample time to do so and then tried to cover it up with stupid stories about youtube.

23-Nov-14

Mike in CT's Link
This investigation will not be a whitewashing. I'm reserving judgment until Trey Gowdy weighs in.

23-Nov-14
I am embarrassed: Mike Rogers is(was) my Congressman.

The Motives Behind The November “House Intelligence Panel” Report On Benghazi…

The Rogers/Ruppersberger Report is specifically designed, by wording, to provide political cover to both parties – Republicans and Democrats within the Gang of Eight specifically included, and protected.

Read the link...

24-Nov-14

TD's Link
"In a head-scratching attempt to muddy the truth, the Republican-led House Intelligence Committee has released an investigative report absolving Washington -- the Obama administration, the State Department and the CIA -- of any wrongdoing in their response to the deadly 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

The stunning new report claims that no one told the CIA security contractors stationed in the nearby annex to "stand down."

This is in stark contrast to statements made by three CIA security contractors who have said in interviews and their best-selling book they were told to stand down or wait three times -- orders that delayed them and cost Sean Smith and Ambassador Chris Stevens their lives on Sept. 11, 2012.

"The House Intelligence Committee report claiming there was no standdown order is incomprehensible," said one of those CIA contractors, former Army Ranger Kris Paronto, in a statement to the Herald. "Especially when I looked Rep. Mike Rogers right in the eye when he asked me during questioning if a standdown order was given. I said 'yes,' and told him that had we not been delayed, we would have been able to save Ambassador Stevens' and Sean Smith's lives."

The report also says that there were no intelligence failures related to the attack that killed four Americans -- an assertion that defies both fact and reason.

Ambassador Stevens, citing growing terrorist concerns, requested additional security several times months before the attack, which was ignored by Hillary Clinton and the State Department she was responsible for overseeing.

Which begs the question: What good is it to provide intelligence if it's ignored?

And, in the months leading up to Benghazi, the Red Cross and the British had been attacked by terrorists, prompting both to shut down their facilities in Benghazi and send their personnel home. That provided both the State Department and the White House with ample "intelligence" that the U.S. consulate in Benghazi was unsafe, surrounded by dangerous terrorists, and required additional security for U.S. personnel stationed there.

The report claims there were no intelligence failures but also says that Susan Rice was given conflicting information from intelligence analysts in the aftermath of the attack. Well which is it?

The report can't say there wasn't an intelligence failure and then let Susan Rice use intelligence "failures" as an excuse for lying to the American people on the Sunday talk shows.

What America knows is that during the 13-hour terrorist attack, Hillary Clinton, President Obama and high-ranking members of our government didn't answer that 3 a.m. call. They did not dispatch military backup to protect Ambassador Stevens, American personnel stationed in Benghazi or the six American security contractors who risked their lives to save the lives of at least 20 others that night.

They were all hung out to dry.

After six years of the Obama administration's incompetence and scandals, our faith in getting the truth lies not with the government, but with our brave military and private citizens.

Congressman Trey Gowdy's Select Committee on Benghazi investigation is still underway. Let's hope he's able to shed light on what happened once and for all. The victims and their families deserve both justice and the truth.

Adriana Cohen is a columnist for the Boston Herald and a co-host of "Trending Now." Visit adrianacohen.com and follow her on Twitter @AdrianaCohen16."

Yes, I want to see Mr. Gowdy's findings. These people ignored 3/4 of the information they got and not only connected no dots, they built walls between them.

"Defies Logic" was the perfect title. Anybody spouting the story it was all about some stupid youtube video is insane. But again following the lines of logic.... more likely just a liar.

24-Nov-14
BTW, thanks for bringing this up Fra.

Now we can contrast this cover up CYA "report" by a "committee" of two to what Mr. Gowdy finds. And that investigation will begin next month. Can hardly wait.....

24-Nov-14
Then of course there are those who acknowledge that in the "fog of war" the truth can be difficult to determine.

Also those who suspect that the entire farce is meant to undermine the campaign of former SoS Clinton should she run for president.

Six hearings -- no malfeasance. Oh heck, let's go for seven, it's only another $3.5 million. Lindsey Graham might as well say, "To hell with the truth. We'll keep investigating until we get the result we want."

24-Nov-14
These day's it takes a few try's to get to the truth!

24-Nov-14
Again.... not sure if butt covering gross incompetence is a crime. Intentionally lying to the public is obviously not a crime or this entire administration would be behind bars.

But there's no way this was an "ah shucks, that's the way it goes....".

If Trey comes up with nothing.... I'll likely go with that. He is a tell it like it is, no BS, no stone unturned guy.

This one in particular stinks to high heaven. You have testimony of people on the ground that was totally overlooked because they could find anybody in charge to fall on their sword.... the only ones left are higher ups, very higher ups....

25-Nov-14

Mike in CT's Link
Then of course there are those who acknowledge that in the "fog of war" the truth can be difficult to determine.

And then again at times it is not. We have 3 persons, on the ground telling a story that has been remarkably consistent from day 1. We have one who recounts having testified to a "stand-down" order to Mike Rogers while the committee report makes no mention of this testimony.

We can conclude one of two things; Mike Rogers did not believe the account (whether he thought Kris Paronto ws mistaken or lying is subject to conjecture) or Mike Rogers chose to suppress the account (again, we can only offer conjecture as to why.)

We can wait for the transcripts to be released and see if the corrobate Paronto's version of his testimony. One thing we can be certain of; Trey Gowdy will not fail to follow up on the claim and either definitely confirm or deny it's validity.

Also those who suspect that the entire farce is meant to undermine the campaign of former SoS Clinton should she run for president.

Why bother? History has already shown that the most effective person to undermine her campaign is Hillary Clinton. You may recall that 2008 was to be her election, yet she couldn't defeat a political neophyte with a resume as thin as the fuzz atop most newborn's heads.

Accomplishments? Even the Huffington Post couldn't find any (see link).

Six hearings -- no malfeasance.

Absence of prooof is not proof of absence. As I mentioned a post of mine above I do not expect Trey Gowdy to conduct a whitewashing, I expect him to conduct a thorough investigation. I'll go on record as stating I expect it to be the first thorough examination to date.

Lindsey Graham might as well say, "To hell with the truth. We'll keep investigating until we get the result we want."

Not worthy of comment.

25-Nov-14
I find it sickening that some are apparently able to celebrate that the government for whatever reason was able to find no fault with themselves through a so-called investigation under these circumstances.

Chris Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty are dead. There were multiple requests for more security at this facility which fell on deaf ears. These requests were made for months, and it was made clear that people were in fear for their lives.

When the worst fears came true, cover stories were hatched, lies were told repeatedly, and now investigations find no fault with the people in charge. How convenient.

Fra, I thought better of you than this. To gloat when it is so obvious that the only reason that there hasen't been charges brought is because the people responsible for these deaths are too politically powerful.

These four dead Americans are sons and fathers and brothers. I suspect that people would find no satisfaction in an investigation finding nobody responsible, were they YOUR sons, fathers, or brother.

P.S. To those good republicans who believe only the best about the party. This is a perfect example of the party playing ball politically. Those running this investigation should be investigated themselves.

Climbing off the soapbox now.

25-Nov-14
"To gloat when it is so obvious that the only reason that there hasen't been charges brought is because the people responsible for these deaths are too politically powerful."

I disagree entirely with your premise. I think the tragedy of Benghazi is being exploited for political purposes. What I was "gloating" over was the presumed end to what I consider disgraceful political theater. Obviously my celebration was premature.

Trey Gowdy seems to be the new hope of the Republicans. I know little about him other than that he was a respected prosecutor. If he conducts a fair, impartial investigation perhaps it will be worth the $3.5 million. If it ends the way I think it will we should send Fox news and Rush Limbaugh the bill.

25-Nov-14
A tragedy quickly becomes a tragic travesty when you hear that these people all but begged for additional security, but were denied. This was a preventable tragedy. The terrorists did the killing, but the responsibility for the deaths should be on those who let it happen, and those who lied to cover up the fact that they let it happen.

There is no premise involved. There are dead Americans who probably would not be dead had Hillary provided the security that was pleaded for, or if the consulate had been defended like someone important to them was at risk. Don't tell me that nothing would have changed if Chelsea or Natasha and Malia were in there. The people who died were someone's kids too. They just weren't important enough to defend.

I'm done with this. Ideology blinds folks on both sides, but when people have been slaughtered, their dead bodies abused, it turns my stomach to talk to people who refuse to seek punishment for those responsible because of their political beliefs. You've gone from partisan to zealot in my estimation.

25-Nov-14
I see you don't have to wait for Rep. Gowdy's investigation to conclude -- you already know the answers. I think I'll bow out before less polite personal descriptions come my way.

25-Nov-14
I disagree entirely with your premise. I think the tragedy of Benghazi is being exploited for political purposes. What I was "gloating" over was the presumed end to what I consider disgraceful political theater. Obviously my celebration was premature. You sir are lyre if this were the other way around it would be anything goes!

25-Nov-14

TD's Link
"you already know the answers."

No. I know no answers, a big part of the problem, they have not given any.... to anything. But I know enough facts about the matter to know this was a 100% CYA "investigation" by a couple of people who's azzes were deeply involved.

ar, we differ in opinions at times.... but you nailed this one WRT politics, parties and playing ball, you hit this one out on a rope.

Mostly what this shows me is it likely goes deeper and more folks complicit than even I imagined.

The article at the link is loooong. But very interesting. A great deal going on here and much more than meets the eye. Which is why many powerful people are trying so hard to sweep it under the rug. And I don't even own a tinfoil hat....

25-Nov-14
A little background on Mike Rogers, R(MI)...

He is retired as of the end of this term. His next career move is to become a talk show host.

He is a faux-conservative and not the man he has advertised with. Friend of mine went to college with him and knows him real well. He quit the football team, yet touts his time on the team.

He never ever has responded to any calls or correspondence to his office on topic...always ignores what I wrote and answers in kind with Debbie Donut Stabenaw, my D-nose-up-Obama's-anus US Senator. Only reason he was elected was that the Dems always ran a liberal in what is basically a very conservative district.

IMHO and experience with Bishop, he is and always will be in it for himself and not to be trusted.

25-Nov-14
Comment from AOS:

"...By the way, the report only examined failures by the intelligence agencies -- that is, the CIA -- in Benghazi. It did not examine the White House or State Department or Department of Defense..."

20 Ways Media Completely Misread Congress’ Weak-Sauce Benghazi Report

Long, but worth reading.

26-Nov-14
Great link Jack!

Fra, it's a long read, but you should do it. If you can read that, and not feel like a heel and a tool for gloating about farce conclusions in a sham investigation, you aren't the person I thought you were.

Anony is the man, as usual.

• Sitka Gear